GUILTY FL - Michael Davidson & Dustin Morter for rape of 17yo girl, Coconut Creek, 2004

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
mynikel said:
k, I chickened out. I am too scared to make the call. does anyone have any updated information on this

Honey, it is guts to open. You have to want to make a change. We can help you all day long with numbers and statistics. But you have to want to make a change. Chickened out isn't good enough. If you are sincere then everyone here will jump on your bandwagon. But you tell us, what do you want or need?

Hi mynikel,

I was just thinking about you today.:) How are you doing?

I'm sorry that there seems to be no new information. Perhaps someone will
come along with an update soon.
:)

God bless and keep you,

Ariel

Dear Mynikel-

Clever name.

I am a very close friend of Dustin's. If what you say is true, all you have to do is contact his family. There are very easy ways to do so. If what you are alleging is true, I'm sure they would help you in any way they can. They are aware of your posts on this site.
Unfortunatley, it's not believable for many reasons. Didn't he have a girlfriend?
If you want to support him, a victim's website is not the place to be doing so.
Only the people involved know exactly what happened. But we all have to remember these guys aren't guilty until proven so. I do hope the young victim is able to heal and move forward with her life.
If you truely feel victimized and are not trying to hop on the band wagon as someone who knows these two guys. Don't be stupid take the necessary steps to help yourself recover and heal from this. Quit trying to gain sympathy from the victims and supporters on this site. If you do care about him this isn't a way to help him.
I pray for everyone involved in this situation.

He probably did have a girlfriend. From this whole situation I found out alot of things about him that he lied to me about. you don't have to beleive anything that I have said. I am not trying to get sympathy from anyone on this website. as far as contacting his family...from some of the things he told me i wasn't exactly sure how to do that. Like I said before, I don't feel victimized at all by him. I completely trusted him in everyway possible. I told him things that I usually wouldn't tell anyone. I don't feel that he pressured me to do anything i didn't want to. I guess I am hurt, but from myself... I let myself beleive him and trust him. Which apparently was a mistake on my part.

I thought she lived with him. How could you not know?

I'm sorry you feel like he lied to you. Have you gone to the doctor?

I found out after the fact that he was actually still married. Whether or not he still is or it is the same girl I don't know. But anytime I was there she wasn't. and there wasn't anything of hers there. I don't feel like hel ied to me, I know he did. I go to the doctor at the end of this week actually.

mynickel,

I was thinking of you today and know how hard it must be for you. I am so sorry that you have to go through this. Just wondering if you ever found out if you were expecting? Have you let your friends and family know? If not you should. Your going to need their support.

A concerned person

mynikel said:
I have been in her shoes before and i will admitt i blame myself for what happened to me. I didn't get out. granted she only knew them one night, but still..it just doesn't make sense. I dated the guy Dustin for a while and not once did he show any violence towards me. And I also Talked to him on the phone the night "it" happened and the time the police said it happened. I didn't here anything of that sort going on in the backround. but what ever. Maybe because i know them so well I don't want to beleive anything I hear.

Have you contacted the police dept. to tell them what you think about talking with him that night? I don't want to see anyone falsely punished and your testimony could be what is needed if he is innocent. BUT keep in mind, he was nice to you, but you were a friend. It sounds like this girl was a stranger to him. And people sometimes act differently toward strangers, esp if they think they can get away with it. Also you sound very loyal toward your friends. But keep in mind that there are always people out there that will take advantage of that loyalty. Just like what happened to you, you are blaming yourself for what happened, instead of blaming your ex.
mynikel said:
I have been in her shoes before and i will admitt i blame myself for what happened to me..
There is no reason to beat someone so severely. NO REASON. You were not to blame. You are misplacing the blame from your ex toward yourself, just as you are misplacing the blame on this girl, and the reasons are probably related. You need to do two things- get in touch with a woman's battered group and talk with them about what happened to you, and contact a local mental health office and get some counseling. Being battered leaves you with the feeling that you know this person loved you and people who love you won't hurt you unless they have good reason. You don't know the reason, but you must have deserved it. This is wrong, and you need to talk with someone to help you get over that feeling. The third thing that you need to do is to reassess your friends. There are always people out there that will take advantage of loyalty and friendship. It sounds to me like you have found some. Counseling will help you to sort that out.
One thing you need to think about is why did these two men take off for Missouri that day. Was this a planned trip or was it sudden? Would flying be unusual for them?

yes it wasn't smart of this girl to get in the car with these guys, but kids don't think- and a lot adults have fallen into this trap also. But that still doesn't mean she deserves being beaten or raped.

No I haven't contacted the police. You are right, he was nice to me, but i didn't know him until we started dating. so I was a stranger to him then also. I just don't see why he would do those kinds of things even if it was to someone he didn't know. He didn't seem capable of doing such a horrible thing.

mynikel, you sound very upset and confused at this time. and if you are pregnant, that will only get worse. Do yourself a big favor and contact the woman's shelter or battered women's group immediately. And also make an appointment with mental health. It is important not only for yourself, but for the baby if you are pregnant.

The Coconut Creek Detective in charge of this case is aware of the postings on the forum. If a person has true information regarding this case I will be happy to forward them his personal contact number.

Well, I was told by "someone" that I need to stay off of this website. So I guess I shouldn't open up my mouth and tell my business.

mynikel said:
Well, I was told by "someone" that I need to stay off of this website. So I guess I shouldn't open up my mouth and tell my business.

mynikel,
Since you originally posted you have been in my thoughts and prayers ...
Hope you're doing o.k.

From July 2006:

http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/2006-07-14/news/0607131558_1_sexual-battery-charges-davidson

Michael W. Davidson, 27, who was facing life in prison if convicted, pleaded no contest to aggravated battery. Prosecutors dropped attempted murder, sexual battery, attempted sexual battery, aggravated child abuse and robbery charges.

Davidson, who was identified by a tattoo on his neck that spells "CREEP," faces from 45 months to five years in prison, contingent upon testimony at Dustin J. Morter's trial on Aug. 28.

From October 2006:

http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/2006-10-05/news/0610041445_1_sentence-verdict-girl

He could have faced life in prison on rape and attempted murder charges in the brutal beating of a 17-year-old girl. Instead, a jury found him guilty only of aggravated battery Wednesday.

Dustin J. Morter smiled after the verdict was read and told the judge he deserved leniency in sentencing because the case "was blown out of proportion" and because he is now a born-again Christian...

Broward Circuit Judge Cynthia Imperato wasn't moved... She ordered the maximum sentence allowed -- 15 years.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaastrichtDetective
Back