FL - Michael Hutto, 54, Salt Life founder, accused killing 18 yo girlfriend, Duval Co., 29 Oct 2020 *Guilty*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If there is a PDF file related to him bonding out, it usually lists the details. However, when I was looking online, I didn’t see anything about him bonding out. It could be it wasn’t uploaded yet. I’ll look again later today. I’m trying to finish a quilt at the moment. :)
Thank you! Happy quilting... I did look also... I was wondering why he apparently was not charged with not rendering help after he shot her, and for abandoning a gunshot victim death resulting... If he left scene for days it would appear, to me, it might have been intensional vs accident... Do not know how: without the forensic and social relationship history manslaughter was only charge: MOO...
(I live in Palm Beach County: will call court to see if open to public next date)

My sincere thought and prayers are with the Duncan family during this holiday season;
I am sure, during this first year’s holidays, it is very heartbreaking, missing their daughter and sister; Laura Grace Duncan...

Last week, Hutto's legal team, Tassone, Dreicer & Hill, filed a motion to suppress evidence obtained by police during their investigation due to what they say was an illegal search of the hotel room that Lora Grace Duncan, 18, was found dead inside.

Hutto's legal team claims officers did not observe any suspicious circumstances that would support a reasonable belief that the occupants of the hotel room were having a medical emergency, and that the officer's warrantless entry was not justified under this exigency exception.
Salt Life founder charged with killing says search was illegal | firstcoastnews.com

I think it goes without saying that drugs were involved. Probably Hutto's condition when found with no drugs was a result of going off drugs for the first time in a long time. This is the sort of thing that happens when a beach bum strikes it rich and is essentially set for life. I think it's important to acknowledge that even at his age he is still a tan handsome fit man who doesn't necessarily need to entice women with modeling or money - beyond the fundamental draw of the playboy lifestyle.

He has the money to hire good lawyers to make the best possible defense and this thing about the unlawful search is likely a solid legal approach. If the girl's family wants justice they should file a civil suit immediately. It isn't cashing in, it's simply depriving him of the means to mount a criminal defense.

I think it goes without saying that drugs were involved. Probably Hutto's condition when found with no drugs was a result of going off drugs for the first time in a long time. This is the sort of thing that happens when a beach bum strikes it rich and is essentially set for life. I think it's important to acknowledge that even at his age he is still a tan handsome fit man who doesn't necessarily need to entice women with modeling or money - beyond the fundamental draw of the playboy lifestyle.

He has the money to hire good lawyers to make the best possible defense and this thing about the unlawful search is likely a solid legal approach. If the girl's family wants justice they should file a civil suit immediately. It isn't cashing in, it's simply depriving him of the means to mount a criminal defense.
BBM. Proves to me that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I think that he is an ugly man skinny from drugs. MOO.

“When police arrived, staff helped open the door and immediately, "there was a strong odor of decomposition from the hallway," the police report read.”(bbm) Yet “Hutto's legal team claims officers did not observe any suspicious circumstances that would support a reasonable belief that the occupants of the hotel room were having a medical emergency, and that the officer's warrantless entry was not justified under this exigency exception.”
Meanwhile multiple women came forward accusing him of stalking and threatening them, and the judge found their story credible enough to revoke his bond while awaiting trial for her death:
“A man accused of murdering a Lake City teenager has been stalking the girl’s friends and coworkers, according to allegations in court records.
According to restraining order petitions obtained by First Coast News, Michael "Troy" Hutto has been following the women into stores and gas stations in Suwannee County, “staring and glaring,” and violating a trespass order at the fitness club where they both work. One of the women is a state witness in the murder case…
“In their injunction petitions, the women say they fear Hutto because he was previously committed under the Baker Act, and owns numerous firearms.
“I am terrified of Troy,” wrote one woman, whom First Coast News isn't naming due to the nature of the allegations. “He is mentally unstable, he is a heavy drug user. Her has a big collection of guns, he keeps them in his car, in his home and backpack. his house, car and backpack. I am afraid of what will happen if I don’t get any protection from Troy.”
The same woman wrote that the last time she spoke to Grace Duncan, “Troy took the phone and told me, ‘If you try to make me let you talk to my Gracie again I will kill you.' About 3 hours later that day, on Oct. 27, 2020, he shot and killed Grace.”

Not an otherwise nice person who simply made a tragic mistake IMO. Vile piece of work. So much more happened here, left unsaid. For a strong odor of decomposition to greet responders in the hallway, she was dead for days. Clearly their “gunplay game” had to have occur very close to her last phone call. In another article I read earlier, she had also called her father. MOO this is how her friend knows what time she died, and is also why and where her family knew to send for a welfare check, which even then took days to accomplish

A more complete article than most. Heartbreaking that her life is worth only 12 years minus credit for time served

Thank you for sharing that news @PayrollNerd ……

It is most unfortunate that there is IIRC not a single mention in that article about the guilty plea of its founder, to the manslaughter charge resulting in an 18 year old’s death. And that charge was for having killed his apparent ‘girlfriend’. SMH. MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
martin andreasen
Back