Fl - Michael Shaver, 36, murdered, Clermont, 2015 *Wife and teen arrested 2023*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The "tools" the wife used to bury him with I bet!
Moo

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Doubtful.
1) He was a monorail mechanic, not a ditch-digger.
2) The tools were left at his workplace.
3) Whoever was impersonating him via text message told his co-workers they could keep his tools, so why would someone then pick them up?

Doubtful.
1) He was a monorail mechanic, not a ditch-digger.
2) The tools were left at his workplace.
3) Whoever was impersonating him via text message told his co-workers they could keep his tools, so why would someone then pick them up?
Ahh, got ya!
I was thinking shovels.
Duh!
Moo

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

So were the kids his with the wife? Or her step kids?
Just trying to figure out how damaged they are likely to be from all this.
If they've been living with her the whole time with Daddy buried in the backyard....
I am 1000% she is going to try and claim self defense after that domestic incident.

Have they released his wife’s new name now that she had re-married? I know her first name was Laurie. The irony that she had a backyard wedding to marry her new husband while standing on the ground where her slain husbands body laid. One has to think that they were both in on it.

Laurie moved on. Travis Filmer said he met Laurie in the summer of 2016 and they got married in December 2017.

Deputies noted in their reports, “Ms. Shaver and Mr. Filmer had an unofficial marriage ceremony due to her and Mr. Shaver still being married.”

However, Filmer told investigators they should be able to find a copy of her divorce papers from Michael in the Clerk of Court’s files. Detectives said there was no divorce file.
http://www.dailycommercial.com/news/20180310/search-for-missing-clermont-man-finds-more-remains

Whoa. I was expecting he knew, possibly even helped-- but he didn't even meet her until 2016? He might be completely blindsided by this.

Also from that link:
The couple had a history of violent domestic disturbances. In Sept. 2014, they pulled guns on each other, according to sheriff’s records.

Twice, she filed for protective injunctions against him, then dropped the petitions.

In an interesting twist, court records show that a small claims case was opened against Michael Shaver in November 2016 for $3,088 owed on a credit card.

Records indicate that the card was issued on Aug. 1, 2016, and terminated on Aug. 22 of that year. However, the court paperwork also indicates that he had been a card holder since 2014, so it is not clear if the Aug. 1 date refers to efforts to collect on an earlier balance, or if there was a new card issued on that date.

The paperwork in the court file does not include a signature for Shaver.

The case was dropped when process servers could not find him.

Investigators said they have found no financial activity, or renewal of his pilot’s or driver’s license.

Friends told investigators Michael’s Facebook page has been up and running, but there are no photos of him and suspected someone had been “managing” the social media account.

Laurie said the last time Michael was at the house was when he got out of jail in the domestic violence gun-pointing incident. She said he left with a friend in the friend’s black SUV.

So were the kids his with the wife? Or her step kids?
Just trying to figure out how damaged they are likely to be from all this.
If they've been living with her the whole time with Daddy buried in the backyard....
I am 1000% she is going to try and claim self defense after that domestic incident.

Yes they are her biological children

This is a cold, cold woman. It will be interesting to see where that $3088 was spent. I’m thinking maybe she renewed the card then spent money all over the country to make it look like he was alive and using the card...this is JMO...maybe she took a trip or gave the card to someone else to do it. Then when the trip was over or limit met she shut off the card. It looks like she’s been managing his SM and texts so I wouldn’t put it past her to do this as well.

I have to agree with several posters that she’s going to claim domestic abuse and self defense in this. I bet that the hours and days between when that deputy showed up and asked her about that concrete slab and when they actually showed up with a warrant and a backhoe were the longest hours of her life.

All thoughts and opinions are mine only....

Based on the date of when the card went to collections in Nov 2016, I'm thinking perhaps she used Michael's credit card to get by financially until she found her new husband. She might have even been making small payments on it to keep the debt collectors at bay. She met TF in Aug 2016 and they married in Dec 2017, but when did he move in and start helping her with the bills? My guess would be he moved in a couple months after they met-- around the time she stopped using/paying the credit card. JMO.

Good luck with self defense. I think it's going to be difficult to prove. I highly doubt most cases of self defense go through so much to conceal what happened. She's going down!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

“It doesn’t sound like [the Shavers] were sociable people,” Herrell tells PEOPLE. “They lived in a very rural part of the county, on maybe like a five-acre ranch-style home, with big open pastures.”
Lake County deputies were familiar with the Shavers from previous domestic disturbances, according to Herrell.
Laurie Shaver’s attorney Jeffrey Wiggs tells PEOPLE the couple were estranged at the time of Shaver’s disappearance.
“There were problems in the past that existed between the two of them,” Wiggs says. “So there was no motive for her to call his parents when he wasn’t there. She was [actually] really relieved when he wasn’t.”
http://people.com/crime/bones-found-disney-employee-missing-three-years/

But she didn't report him missing. It was a friend of Michael's that finally reported him missing. When the police went there to talk to her, she claimed she hadn't seem him since 2014.

ETA: Some articles say that she said she hadn't seem him since 2015, while others say 2014. I have no idea which she said, and one or the other is clearly in error.

She told police who did the well check that she hadn’t seen him since 2015 ( the time frame she claims would be interesting only because he built the barn in the yard summer 2015, and technically also dug his own grave, as it was originally supposed to be a duck pond)....but she botched her story to the process server. She told them 2014. And that’s all in a court legal document

Michael Shaver has not been seen or heard of since 2015, Lake County deputies say_1519854366886..jpg

http://www.wftv.com/news/local/woma...discover-husband-missing-since-2015/708737738

Detectives with the Lake County Sheriff’s Office announced Wednesday that they need the public’s help searching for a man who hasn’t been seen or heard from since 2015.

A friend of Michael Shaver’s called the Sheriff’s Office recently to report he hasn’t talked to his friend since 2015 and asked for a well-being check on Shaver, deputies said. Deputies went to Shaver’s home on Sandy Pines Road in Clermont and spoke to his wife, Laurie Shaver. She said she hasn’t seen husband since 2015 either and she let deputies look inside the home, investigators said.

http://www.wftv.com/news/local/depu...ears-has-no-cellphone-bank-activity/709334088

Lake County deputies are working to learn more about what happened to a man who disappeared three years ago but was recently reported as missing when his friend called for a well-being check two weeks ago.

Deputies went to Michael Shaver's home and talked with his wife, Laurie Shaver, about his disappearance.

Deputies said she was cooperative at first and let them into her home, but then she told them they would have to speak to her attorney.

http://www.wftv.com/news/local/lake...-again-after-remains-clothing-found/713997870

For the second day in a row, Lake County investigators searched the property of a man who vanished nearly three years ago, but wasn’t reported missing until this month. As detectives continued digging out a fire pit on the property Saturday, additional remains were found as well as some articles of clothing. The remains have been turned over to the Medical Examiner’s Office for an autopsy to determine the manner and cause of death. A positive identification of the remains will be pending DNA testing and dental records.

http://www.wftv.com/news/local/deputies-return-to-home-of-missing-clermont-man/713520114

A human arm bone was discovered Friday afternoon beneath a concrete slab at the rural Lake County home of a man who vanished three years ago, the Lake County Sheriff's Office said.

Investigators used cadaver dogs, ground-penetrating radar and a backhoe while searching the property.

Earlier this month, a friend of Michael Shaver’s asked deputies to perform a well-being check at his home, because he hadn't heard from him since 2015.

Just saw this case.

It's the first time I open a new thread. If something is not right please feel free to tell me and I'll correct it.

TY.

Trying to find more about this young man...

http://www.thedailystar.com/news/lo...cle_d8f03aa7-f7eb-5c7a-8f94-1048cc57c6c4.html

A former Laurens man has been missing since 2015 from his home in Clermont, Florida, and authorities said they are checking to see if bones found in his backyard are his skeletal remains.

Detectives with the Lake County Sheriff's Office are investigating the disappearance of Michael Shaver, 36, after his best friend requested a well-being check on him in February, according to Lt. John Herrell, sheriff's spokesman. Herrell said Shaver's wife, Laurie Shaver, told deputies she hadn't seen her husband since 2015.

“She is a person of interest in his disappearance,” Herrell said Tuesday.

Originally, deputies went to Shaver's residence at 9850 Sandy Pines Road in Clermont and met with Laurie Shaver, a media release said. While at the residence, deputies were permitted to look inside the house, but as the interview moved outside, she stopped cooperating and said she wanted to be represented by a lawyer.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marisa_breanna97
Back