FL FL - Michael Spero, 35, last seen leaving his home, vehicle found abandone in. Learwater, Carrollwood, 26 August 2024

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

truthfinder2019

Reaction score
The Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office is asking for the public’s assistance in locating Michael Spero, who was last seen leaving his Carrollwood home on August 26th.

Spero’s vehicle, a 2017 black Jeep Compass, was found abandoned in Clearwater on September 11th, raising concerns about his safety.

1726679774094.jpeg

Anyone with information on Spero’s whereabouts is urged to contact the Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office at 813-247-8200.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">❗ ❗<br>Detectives with <a href="x.com">#teamHCSO</a> are asking for the public&#39;s help locating Michael Spero. Q<br><br>His vehicle,… <a href="x.com">pic.twitter.com/ESpztfn1QG</a></p>&mdash; HCSO (@HCSOSheriff) <a href=" ">September 12, 2024</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

He posted on FB on 25/8 about writing a book, I wonder if he was not going somewhere to interview someone for it. Apparently they do not understand why the car was where it had been found

From the above link

1726686042401.jpeg

I wonder what is the paper clipped on the rear window, and the vicinity of water is worrying

He posted on FB on 25/8 about writing a book, I wonder if he was not going somewhere to interview someone for it. Apparently they do not understand why the car was where it had been found

From the above link

View attachment 532107

I wonder what is the paper clipped on the rear window, and the vicinity of water is worrying
Oddly, it appears the license plate has been removed for some reason. I thought at first it was blacked out for privacy reasons, but I can see the holes in the vehicle where the plate would attach.

Oddly, it appears the license plate has been removed for some reason. I thought at first it was blacked out for privacy reasons, but I can see the holes in the vehicle where the plate would attach.
Good eye! The road looks fairly well traveled so I don't see it as a vehicle stolen, then deliberately abandoned there after removing the plate. Removing the plate might slow a LE check for the owner of the vehicle, but the VIN number will give pretty much the same info.

I guess some people keep their dash cam running all the time. I think that is what couriers do, like Uber & Lyft or maybe delivery trucks.

I have to give mine a command to start recording. If I am involved in an accident, or the road is rough, then it records automatically.

I guess some people keep their dash cam running all the time. I think that is what couriers do, like Uber & Lyft or maybe delivery trucks.

I have to give mine a command to start recording. If I am involved in an accident, or the road is rough, then it records automatically.
I keep the one in my car running all the time. I always thought that was normal. The camera comes on with ignition on and goes off when the car is shut off though an impact can wake it back up. I just let it loop until something is needed (and so far nothing has been needed).

I keep the one in my car running all the time. I always thought that was normal. The camera comes on with ignition on and goes off when the car is shut off though an impact can wake it back up. I just let it loop until something is needed (and so far nothing has been needed).
Mine comes on when I start my vehicle and turns off when I shut it off. It just doesn't constantly record.

When I'm traveling, I will give it the command to record when I see something like a swerving or speeding driver, someone pulling over to the shoulder or median, or an accident, etc.

Of course when I was rear-ended the 3rd and the the 4th time, it came on automatically, which is why I got it in the first place. I swear I don't know how people can miss a big boxy blue Honda Pilot. But apparently it has a Cloak of Invisibility that is epic!

I hope people who travel the CCC regularly can see back to the date this gentleman went missing and look for his vehicle.

Mine comes on when I start my vehicle and turns off when I shut it off. It just doesn't constantly record.

When I'm traveling, I will give it the command to record when I see something like a swerving or speeding driver, someone pulling over to the shoulder or median, or an accident, etc.

Of course when I was rear-ended the 3rd and the the 4th time, it came on automatically, which is why I got it in the first place. I swear I don't know how people can miss a big boxy blue Honda Pilot. But apparently it has a Cloak of Invisibility that is epic!

I hope people who travel the CCC regularly can see back to the date this gentleman went missing and look for his vehicle.
Mine continuously records. It just doesn't download to my phone unless I initialize it.

From the above link

View attachment 532107

The paper could be a notification of abandoned vehicle. Parking type citations (tickets) for non abandoned cars are normally left under a front wiper but a notice of an abandoned vehicle might be left on the rear so that other LE that spot the vehicle can see that a notice has already been left.

The paper could be a notification of abandoned vehicle. Parking type citations (tickets) for non abandoned cars are normally left under a front wiper but a notice of an abandoned vehicle might be left on the rear so that other LE that spot the vehicle can see that a notice has already been left.
I don't know about Florida but, here in Missouri, our LE use fluorescent sticker on the rear window to indicate abandon vehicles. Would be nice to know from a local what Florida uses.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lisa0457
Back