FL - Michelle Mishcon, 53, & John Stevens, 59, brutally murdered, Tequesta, 15 Aug 2016 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What are thinking, voluntary manslaughter?

I think it was involuntary manslaughter, like DUI manslaughter:
http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/article27347041.html
Which it sounds like him going on TV could worsen his sentences unless he owns up to it. If he was to admit what he had done (either taken drugs that night or trying to kick steroids), that could help his sentencing. I don't see him getting M1 or M2 since someone going crazy on drugs doesn't fit for that, but with manslaughter he could still see a long time behind bars.

Several times it has been mentioned that possibly he was going to his dad's house, intending to take his frustrations and other feelings he had on him. But, in his state of mind, plus whatever foreign substances he had in his body, he didn't realize he was at the wrong house. That's why I'm thinking voluntary manslaughter.

Thanks for that link, I was looking all over that website trying to find it. I wonder, will Dr. Phil air it Friday anyway you think?
Irritates me. Victims have no rights it seems. He went on THEIR property and brutally killed them, but now we got to remember hes got rights and I am sure his daddy has him a very high powered attorney.

Wow, now the Dr Phil/Harrouff segment might not air:
http://www.mypalmbeachpost.com/news...ce-biting-slayings-suspects-tv-intervi/nsxtR/
If the Harrouff lawyers are the ones who blocked it, it won't do them any good as LE can get the full, unedited interview regardless of what is or isn't shown on TV.

Can anyone tell me what the link of AH from the Dr. Phil show (on the last page) said? It's no longer working. Was it actually AH talking?

I think he probably used steroids since high school (I think he started when he was junior or a senior), which hiding steroids in sports is a big and lucrative business itself where he's problem known for years how to avoid being caught on non-FBI drug tests. Also I think he had recently quit steroids, which triggered roid rage so him quitting steroids also probably goes into why he said he'd test negative (which testing negative still wouldn't mean drugs weren't the proximate cause). If he says on Dr. Phil he's never touched any kind of drug including steroids I wouldn't believe him give his YouTube videos, but if he admits he has in the past used drugs that can be used against him in court.

I have kinda been wondering it the statement about not finding drugs was in response to a question which gives it totally different context.

I don't think he randomly blurted it out

jmo

I've was sick and in the hospital, but home now. What have I missed? Shocked when I saw a preview with AH. What!!! What's going on? Is it still going to air on DrP today?

No, as of yesterday, we learned the episode has been squashed, at least temporarily, out of respect for the Stevens family. Don't you know hospitals are no fun?! Hope you're feeling better, glad you're back.

WEST PALM BEACH (CBS12) - The Dr. Phil Show called it “The Frat Boy Dubbed the ‘Cannibal Killer’ Breaks His Silence from His Hospital Bed.”
But producers announced the interview with Austin Harrouff has been postponed.

The victims' family questions the timing in all this, as they speak exclusively with CBS12, just days before a grand jury convenes in the murder case.
Before Dr. Phil’s producers pulled the episode, John and Michelle Stevens' family heard a snippet from the show. John Stevens, John Stevens’ son, said Austin Harrouff was talking in circles.
"In the little clip they played he said something about people are worshipping me and dreams about being the President of the United States.

[h=2]WHY WAS IT POSTPONED?[/h]“I do think they will still air it,” Stevens said, noting when the grand jury renders their indictment, the evidence in the case will be made public record. "Yeah, it’s coming and it’s just something we are going to have to deal with..they will release exactly what they think happened in that garage."

Dr. Phil's producer struck up a relationship with the Harrouff's after the interview with his father in August..

"It's clear to me that Dr. Phil Show thinks that Austin's perspective is more interesting than the families' perspective.
Stevens' son says what he heard from the Dr. Phil producers would be damaging to Harrouff's case.
Dr. Phil's folks won't say why they postponed it.
"My take is Dr. Phil did that to maintain a relationship with that family he is going along with their lawyers wishes or postponing it until after the grand jury or whenever,"

http://cbs12.com/news/local/face-biting-teen-killers-hospital-bed-interview-with-dr-phil-postponed

Here's a preview of the AH interview where we'll get to see AH talking (it's not just a voice interview but it includes video with him using something like FaceTime):
http://www.drphil.com/shows/the-fra...ler-breaks-his-silence-from-his-hospital-bed/
Seeing the preview I'm not hearing anything that I didn't expect as I don't think he maliciously set out for murder, but had some sort of drug-induced psychosis from either drug withdrawal (steroids) or drug use (shrooms, flakka, etc) or a combination of both. Just because someone acts psychotic, it doesn't mean they aren't the cause of their own psychosis.

Hmmm now that link goes to. Gary Condit interview dangit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You know what I bet happened - he had not been arrested yet, was probably not read his Miranda rights and lawyers yanked it. The interview was conducted Oct. 3, the day before he was arrested.

I wonder if some of these teenagers are using this stuff to see if it makes them crazy, too? Not that they want to set out to hurt somebody, but how would it feel to have the strength of Hercules?
Then, they end up summersaulting thru a plate glass window, or worse. Nico came out of that with just one visible black eye, but how many bruises did he have that we couldn't see? And what did the mother and son look like after the ordeal?

How is it going Curious Me?????

I'm really struggling, but improving everyday. Thanks for asking.

Following what you all have to say and your updates. It's gone in a strange direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lawdaughter222