FL FL - Michelle Parker, 33, Orlando, 17 Nov 2011 - # 7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was out all day. Does anyone know why Tim Miller left and didn't search?

O/T Paynes Praire in Gainesville still has Florida Cracker Horses that roam there. Sometimes you can see them out grazing when you're driving up 441. They are wild horses.

I got verified because I know Michelle and am local.

First Post... I was just tweeted a new time-line.

http:///viewArticle.action?articleId=281474980847350#.TtlwMIl5zfM.twitter

My goodness, I picked a lousy week to start a job- took me hours to catch up here!

Regarding the term "cracker"- We're one year new to FL and when my kids are called a cracker, it's a jab at them for being white. Tweens use that word often and it really bothered mt kids once they figured it out.

I was trying not to be the buzz kill .... because everyone was saying it purely in a jovial manner...

But this actually true. "Cracker" can be a derogatory word. It can also, not be. I'm sure that doesn't make any sense. It technically IS a "bad" word - it's equivalent to the "n" word. It supposedly dates back to the slave times , and the term "cracker" refers to one who would crack a whip.

It's one of "those" words. Those words that if said in jest by people who love each other is "funny" . I have several friends of another race who sometimes use that word, and we all laugh...

...but it is true that it could be used in a negative manner. For instance....you see a person walking down the road....you do NOT was you say "hey cracker". LOL.

Again- I clearly see no one here meant it in a negative manner, just want to support her, because, yeah , it actually is a "bad" word.

...but it doesn't offend me to hear it in jest.

AHHHH I'm on pins and needles!!!

What does the process of being "verified" entail? I'm sorry :( I'm new here, should anyone who is local to this area, and speaking about this case as a local become verified?

No just because your a local doesn't mean you need to be verified. If you claim to be a family member, friend, someone who has inside info and want to post it you have to be verified.

No worries

Perfect, great find, thank you.

From the link: which leads me to say, this so called friend should be questioned about Shannon's death.

Leonard stated that when he stepped away from Shannon Smith, she fell from the seat, striking her head on a tile floor," the report continues. "Leonard contacted emergency medical services ... when he was unable to wake Shannon Smith."
In October 2001, Detective Charles Deisler wrote a follow-up report to the case in which he noted, "Numerous in-person attempts have been made to question Leonard at his residence concerning the events leading to the death of Shannon Smith. ... He has refused to discuss the case beyond what he provided in his written statement and has repeatedly referred me to his attorney

I was trying not to be the buzz kill .... because everyone was saying it purely in a jovial manner...

But this actually true. "Cracker" can be a derogatory word. It can also, not be. I'm sure that doesn't make any sense. It technically IS a "bad" word - it's equivalent to the "n" word. It supposedly dates back to the slave times , and the term "cracker" refers to one who would crack a whip.

It's one of "those" words. Those words that if said in jest by people who love each other is "funny" . I have several friends of another race who sometimes use that word, and we all laugh...

...but it is true that it could be used in a negative manner. For instance....you see a person walking down the road....you do NOT was you say "hey cracker". LOL.

Again- I clearly see no one here meant it in a negative manner, just want to support her, because, yeah , it actually is a "bad" word.

...but it doesn't offend me to hear it in jest.

Oh my mercy! I am glad you shared. I know that this term was used in SFL in the sixties to refer to fl natives. We always thought it was a reference to teh crackerbox houses. OMG. Now I feel horrible. I make a blanket apology to anyone that I offended. I never use racial slurs.

Oh my mercy! I am glad you shared. I know that this term was used in SFL in the sixties to refer to fl natives. We always thought it was a reference to teh crackerbox houses. OMG. Now I feel horrible. I make a blanket apology to anyone that I offended. I never use racial slurs.

Me too. My friends all jokingly call themselves that. No offense meant.

First Post... I was just tweeted a new time-line.

http:///viewArticle.action?articleId=281474980847350#.TtlwMIl5zfM.twitter

Thank you and Welcome!

I believe the reporter is off a little in the timeline. A resident noticed the Hummer at around 10:30 but didn't know it was "The Hummer"

OPD on patrol noticed it at around 12:30 am.

Michelle was supposed to be at work at 7:30 at the barn.

Regarding the black birds and turkey vultures- for the past two weeks, (here in Central FL), the blackbirds have been "coming home". It's kinda freaky, usually late in the afternoon, and I'm always amazed at the amount of them flying over. (Yeah, it's a close-your-mouth-event when looking up.)

The turkey vultures are different- it's not uncommon so go to McD's or BK and see 15-20 of them roosting over the dumpster. These birds are HUGE- around 5 feet for a wingspan. They definitely love dead animals in the road and are willing to risk their lives to chow on a dead squirrel.

Not long after Michelle disappeared, WESH Orlando posted a pic of the vultures hanging around their building asking fans for a comment- my only concern and comment was if there could be a body nearby.

It's my understanding that they can track the scent if a body is in a shallow grave. (2-3 feet) They'll hover and circle that prey which should always raise questions for those in the area.

Their diet- they prefer those recently dead, and avoiding carcasses that have reached the point of putrefaction. This should ALWAYS be a red flag to people and LE if you see large groups of turkey vultures circling.

Thanks for posting that link! I'm so glad to finally read court documents and one complete piece about the circumstances of the 2nd wife's death and the domestic violence.

The problem I have with that is brain injuries can be fatal after the date of original injury.

Thanks for posting that link! I'm so glad to finally read court documents and one complete piece about the circumstances of the 2nd wife's death and the domestic violence.

Your welcome ingra....Lots of info there. The court documents have some familar names. Judge Perry, Sgt. Allen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Required