Found Deceased FL - Miya Marcano, 19, Arden Villas apts, Orlando, 24 Sep 2021

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
As a parent of daughters myself, life is very frightening.
We continue to live on a planet where 1 in 24 persons is a sociopath (that statistic is from my psychologist) .
These creatures simply have no regard for human life.
They lack the empathy center of the brain .
Combined with low frustration tolerance... Anything can happen.
The fact is, we are walking past monsters. Every day. Everywhere.
As my Dr. said, "You're probably walking past 50 or more sociopaths on a busy day at the airport."
This story feels like family
My daughter attended UCF; we used to live about half a mile from Arden Villas.
Heart aching for them.

So very sorry to hear this news. I used to live in the University area, felt safe, and loved it there.

Glad to hear that. When I hear about these things, it hits home to me. I have a daughter in college. I just want to go get her...wrap her up in a baby blanket and hug her tightly.

Okay, we can't do that. The most we can do is? It is such a powerless feeling. Is the world an unsafe place? Or are these random, isolated cases?

@mickey To answer your ?...I do not feel safe.
My daughter survived an attack herself; and I was mugged, when walking to pay my rent.
I rarely talk about it; PTSD.
No , it is not safe for women... That's the cold, hard fact.
I worked at and attended a class on campus safety. Most of us were victims , or our kids were victims.

Been checking this thread out for a couple of days and really hoping for the best while expecting the worst. My heart is breaking for her family. I mean, they dropped absolutely everything and were there at her place in mere hours and have been tirelessly searching. What makes this even more tragic is that there is no justice to be had for this monster who snuffed out Miya’s light. Just a tragedy all around. Words fail me. I am hopeful that one day when her family feels they can proceed further I feel the apartment complex needs to be held accountable for their part in this. What happened there was so not okay.

Alexa Lorenzo
@ALorenzoTV

#BREAKING: Deputies have found a body believed to be #MiyaMarcano.
@OrangeCoSheriff
says crews found the body at Tymber Skan apartments in Orange County this morning.
@WFTV

Cell phone records show the prime suspect- Armando Caballero- was in or near Tymber Skan the day she was reported missing, Friday September 24. He was found dead 2 days later.

@OrangeCoSheriff
says cell phone pings from #ArmandoCaballero led them to Tymber Skan apartments where they found a body around 10am this morning. Sheriff Mina says they’re confident it’s #MiyaMarcano. Her purse was also found near it.
@WFTV

Sheriff: “As a community, sheriff and as a father, we are grieving.”
So we are not looking for any other people, we believe, pretty conclusively that Armando Caballero is responsible for this crime and there's not any other person or persons that we are looking for in this case

I am so sorry, Miya. Heartbroken and furious that this happened to you. May the worm responsible rot in h*ll.

Last edited:
@shanadk I agree with you. The world is unsafe. I feel like I don't live my life to the "fullest". I live my life on "defense" now. And my daughter, a few years ago, we gave her self defense classes for Christmas, along with a CCW class. Perhaps, that is what all young women need now.

When I was 19 (a long time ago) I went to a self-defense class along with a friend -- and we ended up having to defend ourselves from the self-defense teacher (who was highly acclaimed in the local papers.) We were the only young women in the class; all of the other women were much older. He was too touchy-feely in his demos and he said he was writing a book and asked if we would model for the pictures. We said "no," and dropped out after the 1st class. Then he came to both of our homes where we each lived with single mothers, walked around checking windows (said he wanted to be sure that our homes were secure) and after that started stalking us. After we reported him to the police he backed off, but it was scary at the time.

When I was 19 (a long time ago) I went to a self-defense class along with a friend -- and we ended up having to defend ourselves from the self-defense teacher (who was highly acclaimed in the local papers.) We were the only young women in the class; all of the other women were much older. He was too touchy-feely in his demos and he said he was writing a book and asked if we would model for the pictures. We said "no," and dropped out after the 1st class. Then he came to both of our homes where we each lived with single mothers, walked around checking windows (said he wanted to be sure that our homes were secure) and after that started stalking us. After we reported him to the police he backed off, but it was scary at the time.

Wow! That is terrible. Fortunately, my daughter took a class from her Dad's military friend who runs a place here. He is super nice.

But, good information, people need to check out where they are going.

Unfortunately many questions won't be answered, as he is deceased.
I'm hoping this went quickly for her.
Sending so much love and light to her family
One of the things that I think happens a lot in these stranger kidnappings is the idiot perpetrator is using some movie modus operandi, binds and gags the victim then puts them in a trunk for an hour and they suffocate before whatever the actual motive was is even carried out. I don't know if that's better or worse but it may well have been what happened here

@shanadk I agree with you. The world is unsafe. I feel like I don't live my life to the "fullest". I live my life on "defense" now. And my daughter, a few years ago, we gave her self defense classes for Christmas, along with a CCW class. Perhaps, that is what all young women need now.
Is what anyone who wants to be as responsible as possible for their own safety needs, young or old man or woman.

One of the things that I think happens a lot in these stranger kidnappings is the idiot perpetrator is using some movie modus operandi, binds and gags the victim then puts them in a trunk for an hour and they suffocate before whatever the actual motive was is even carried out. I don't know if that's better or worse but it may well have been what happened here

Is what anyone who wants to be as responsible as possible for their own safety needs, young or old man or woman.
They weren't strangers. They worked together at the apartment complex. As an employee in the maintenance department, he used his access to a master key to gain entrance into her apartment and waited for her to get home from work.

He was an evil man who took the coward's way out by killing himself, but at least he won't be able to hurt another woman - and for that, I am grateful.

Although it's not the outcome they prayed for, Miya's grandmother Violet Delville said that the discovery gives the family closure.

'Miya, we found you. It’s not what we really wanted but I want you to know that we will always love you and we will continue to keep you in our hearts and we’ll never forget what you meant to us,' she said this evening surrounded by candles, flowers and photos of her granddaughter.

Wherever you are, remember that we always love you and we will never, ever forget you,' she said of the Valencia College sophomore.

'We are devastated. We are angry and we know our lives have now been changed forever,' Miya's cousin, Caili Sue, told The Sun. 'Everyone has been very somber since the announcement.'

Miya's devastated parents did not attend the final vigil, according to NBC Miami.
Miya Marcano's family say 'we will get justice' as they gather for vigil after her body was found | Daily Mail Online

Devastated. Broken,” Marcano’s cousin Caili Sue said. “I can’t even put into words how we’re feeling as a family. I feel defeated, I failed my cousin and I don’t know how we’re going to get through this.”

“Today when we were just going on a big search when we were called back and gave us this devastating news,” Delville said.

The family is grieving after a week of pain and suffering. Miya’s parents were too upset to be at the final vigil.

“Her life was cut short. She was 19 years old. She had the whole rest of her life ahead of her,” Sue said.
Emotional Vigil Held For Miya Marcano After Body Found Believed To Be Hers

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bands0408
Back