FL FL - Monroe Co, WhtFem UP16374, 30-40, in Everglades National Park, Mar'75

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
They were from Canada, DoeNetwork lists Ontario Provincial Police as the case workers, so absolutely from the north! It also said that McGregor was reported missing after "a considerable time", so his missing date perhaps isn't that accurate?

I did find him on DoeNetwork, though, and it mentions that he had dentures. Unfortunately, NamUs no longer lists these identifiers..

The Doe Network: Case File 4303DMFL

DMacgregor.jpg

Donald Alexander MacGregor
Missing since May 7, 1973 from Miami, Florida
Classification: Missing

Vital Statistics

• Date Of Birth: October 12, 1928
    • Age at Time of Disappearance: 44 years old
    • Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'10"; 169 lbs.
    • Distinguishing Characteristics: White male. Short brown hair; brown eyes. Thin build.
    • Marks, Scars: Scar on the bridge of nose.
    • Dentals: Dentures.

Circumstances of Disappearance
On 7 May 1973 Donald MacGregor and his wife were vacationing in Miami Florida.

Donald left for Panama City for business on the 7 May 1973 and was suppose to be in Panama City for about 6 weeks.

Donald was reported missing after a considerable time had passed and no one had heard from him.
Omg this Guy had Dentures! Super Great Find and he was fro
Up North! Mrs Badcrumble I seriously think your on to something with this guy.

Omg this Guy had Dentures! Super Great Find and he was fro
Up North! Mrs Badcrumble I seriously think your on to something with this guy.
Woah! I totally missed that in one of your links, but.. Holy hell! I will find contact information and perhaps call him in; it wouldn't hurt, at least. But rn I have a date night with Morpheus.. ;)

I came across this woman from Ontario Canada. Thinking maybe the guy came and picked her up. I know her hair is said to be brown but looks light brown that in day to day sunlight could turn lighter. She is also just one inch off.

The Doe Network: Case File 2856DFON

MOverdijk1.jpg

Madelene Marie Therese Van Overdijk
Missing since March 12, 1973 from Brantford, Ontario, Canada

Vital Statistics

• Date Of Birth: April 13, 1935
    • Age at Time of Disappearance: 37 years old
    • Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'3"; 112 lbs.
    • Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown hair; gray eyes. Slim build.
    • Clothing: Lawrence tartan pants and vest (Black and Red), black blazer, black long coat, black patent leather shoes. Carrying approximately $150.00 Canadian currency.
    • AKA: Maiden name is Blouin.

On March 12, 1973 Madelene Van Overdijk was reported missing by her husband. She was last seen at her residence, 60 The Strand in Brantford, Ontario.

Information reported to police suggested she was going to Toronto. It is unknown if in fact she made it to Toronto.

Then there is woman the timeframe is good and so is her height and hair color. She also had The only thin is she is on the younger end and her story doesn't really go it
The Doe Network: Case File 2461DFAB

TPettit1.jpg
TPettit2.jpg

Theresa Anne Pettit
Missing since June 1, 1973 from Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Vital Statistics

• Date Of Birth: December 30, 1949
    • Age at Time of Disappearance: 23 years old
    • Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'4"; 120 lbs
    • Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Blonde, short hair; blue/green eyes. Glasses.
    • Jewelry: Braided silver wedding ring.
    • Dentals:Terry had extensive dental work. Had worn braces for a few years.

This woman went missing from Syracuse NY which is very close to where the shirt the UID came from . Mentions she went to meet a man in MA. She is blonde but she is 5'2 and 20. But I thought I would include her also.
RHBuck.jpg

Rosemary E. Hamilton Buck
Missing since August 11, 1973 from Syracuse, Onondaga County, New York

Vital Statistics

• Date of Birth: July 2, 1953
    • Age at Time of Disappearance: 20 years old
    • Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'2"; 110 lbs.
    • Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Blonde hair; hazel eyes.
    • Scars/Marks: Scar on abdomen and a discoloration on her leg.
    • Clothing: White coat; blue jeans.
    • AKA: Mary
    • Dentals: Not available. Her two front teeth crossed slightly.
    • DNA: Available

Rosemary Buck was last seen hitchhiking near the corner of Sixth North Street and Wolf Street on August 11, 1973 at approximately 12:00 P.M.

She is the mother of a son who was 2 1/2 years old at the time. She had an apartment on Wolf Street, on Syracuse's North Side.
She had been in a mental hospital and struggled, with alcohol, a bad marriage, and was getting on and off public assistance.

Rosemary frequented the former Yellow Balloon Bar on Thompson Road, near Erie Boulevard East. She often traveled to attend rock concerts.
She told friends she was eventually going to Boston, MA., to meet with an unknown male friend.

Donald MacGregor is a really intriguing suggestion Mrs. Badcrumble!!! Wonder what kind of work was he going to be doing up in Panama City for 6 weeks? And why did so much time go between his disappearance and the report of it?

Unfortunately, the ladies later suggested by madamx, don't match either the hair color or the age range.

The way the unidentified couple was killed is really interesting to me. It said in the newspaper clipping that they were stabbed by a blunt object and repeatedly beaten to death. If this was a gangland or drug dealers style murder, the killer or killers would've been prepared with at least knife or a gun or perhaps rope to strangle. Brutally beating with a dull instrument would create such a bloody mess, and suggests to me the crime committed would've been more spontaneous. And unless it took place on a easily washed off area, or a place with a drain, the killer or killers were taking their chances that someone could've noticed blood and membrane. The crime scene could've been on a boat or in a dry dock where boats are repaired. Given that these victims were cut apart after the murder by something like a band saw, a dry dock a.k.a. boat repair shop would definitely own one or more of them.
In addition the location of the where the bodies were found suggest to me, that the crime scene is either in the Keys or on the west coast of Florida.
Geesh...think I'm going down a rabbit hole on this one already...LOL.

Donald MacGregor is a really intriguing suggestion Mrs. Badcrumble!!! Wonder what kind of work was he going to be doing up in Panama City for 6 weeks? And why did so much time go between his disappearance and the report of it?

Unfortunately, the ladies later suggested by madamx, don't match either the hair color or the age range.

The way the unidentified couple was killed is really interesting to me. It said in the newspaper clipping that they were stabbed by a blunt object and repeatedly beaten to death. If this was a gangland or drug dealers style murder, the killer or killers would've been prepared with at least knife or a gun or perhaps rope to strangle. Brutally beating with a dull instrument would create such a bloody mess, and suggests to me the crime committed would've been more spontaneous. And unless it took place on a easily washed off area, or a place with a drain, the killer or killers were taking their chances that someone could've noticed blood and membrane. The crime scene could've been on a boat or in a dry dock where boats are repaired. Given that these victims were cut apart after the murder by something like a band saw, a dry dock a.k.a. boat repair shop would definitely own one or more of them.
In addition the location of the where the bodies were found suggest to me, that the crime scene is either in the Keys or on the west coast of Florida.
Geesh...think I'm going down a rabbit hole on this one already...LOL.

Yeah I know.. I was just posting these ladies since they were in the timeframe that this man disappeared. But they all off by something..

YES, Yes this case sucked me up when I found the John Doe in the Everglades and realized.. hey wait a minute, its the same exact spot as this Jane Doe..they must be together. And what do you know.. they are together... Now its..who are they? and how did they get there?

here is another one that prob is not the UID but I will throw her in anyway. she is shorter but disappeared a month after the guy

3659DFWA.jpg

Name: Salie Belle Maxi Signani
Case Classification: Endangered Missing
Missing Since: June 1, 1973
Location Last Seen: Renton, King County, Washington

Physical Description
Date of Birth: August 24, 1940
Race: White
Height: 5'1"
Weight: 125 lbs.
Hair Color: Blond
Eye Color: Brown
Nickname/Alias: Sallie Bigelow, Sallie Gard
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Unknown

Identifiers
Dentals: Not Available
Fingerprints: Not Available
DNA: Available

Clothing & Personal Items
Clothing: Unknown
Jewelry: Unknown
Additional Personal Items: Unknown

She was recently divorced and left home to live with another man. She failed to show up for work on a Monday in early June 1973. Investigation done at that time was apparently lost. A new case originated in 2003.

3659DFWA - Salie Belle Maxi Signani

this lady seems to fit the bill.. only thing with her is she had a kid... but I guess could of lost the daughter somewhere along the way?

Original

Doris Helen Wurst, Female, White / Caucasian
Date of Last Contact January 12, 1974
Missing From Plantation, Florida
Missing Age 34 Years

Sex Female
Race / EthnicityWhite / Caucasian
Height 5' 1" - 5' 4" (61 - 64 Inches)
Weight 105 - 115 lbs

Date of Last Contact January 12, 1974

Last Known Location Map
Location Plantation, Florida
County Broward County
Circumstances of Disappearance missing with her daughter, Caren Wurst

Hair Color Blond/Strawberry

Left Eye Color Green
Right Eye Color Green
Eye Description

Missing Person Case

I had same issues not finding information. I was forwarded the articles today. I have a couple theories on how they died together, or possible connections.

I actually considered her today. However M.E. stated they were only deceased approximately 4 weeks, which death would likely have occurred Feb 1975. The lady above would've been missing 14 months. Which doesn't rule her out based on one of my theories.

I researched the brand labels, one/two each on victims were manufactured in CA. Just a thought

Again just an observation who stated man could be from north. This could mean nothing. His shirt had Freeport, ME.

But favors one of my theories they weren't traveling together. If anyone wants to know more of my theory, just ask.

1671UFFL - Unidentified Female
No_Image_Available_female.jpg
CASE%20NUMBER.jpg

Date of Discovery: March 15, 1975
Location of Discovery: Monroe County, Florida
Estimated Date of Death: 4 weeks prior
State of Remains: Not recognizable - Traumatic injuries
Cause of Death: Blunt force trauma

Physical Description
Estimated Age: 30-40 years old
Height: 5'4"
Weight: 120-130 lbs
Hair Color: Light brown or blond
Eye Color: Unknown

Identifiers
Dentals: Available, previous extensive dental work, teeth not taken care of in her later years
DNA: Unknown

Clothing: White v-neck athletic shirt with red, white, and blue ribbed collar with a small black and gold eagle embossed on the left front, brand or label "Dunofold, Inc." store label "Stan Smith, Mohawk, New York", size medium; baggy white muslin calf-length pants, size medium; red colored knee length socks
Jewelry: String with five small bells tied around left calf

Circumstances of Discovery
The decedent's body, along with unidentified male 3798UMFL, was discovered in a clump of bushes 400 feet off Loop Road, about 5 miles south of the Tamiami Trail in the Everglades. Both bodies had been beaten to death with a blunt object, cut in half, placed separately into four green garage bags, and then stuffed into four canvas duffle bags. The duffle bags were non-military issue and were a common type without any markings. The hands of both victims had been removed to prevent identification. A cheap pair of Japanese-made handcuffs were found inside the bag with the female. She had been cuffed before murdered execution style.

The clothing had brand labels found primarily in northern cities, leading investigators to the assumption the couple were originally from the north. Neither were wearing underwear, leading detectives to speculate there were hippies. The female had extensive dental work done previously but had not taken care of her teeth as she had earlier in her life.

Investigating Agency(s)
Agency Name: Monroe County Sheriff's Office
Agency Contact Person: Major Crimes Sgt. Barney Sajdak
Agency Phone Number: 305-289-2430
Agency E-Mail: bsajdak(at)keysso.net
Agency Case Number: MCSO75OFF303708

Agency Name: District 16 Medical Examiner's Office - Monroe County
Agency Contact Person: Tiffany Fridley, Medicolegal Death Investigator
Agency Phone Number: 305-743-9011
Agency E-Mail: MEO(at)monroecounty-FL.gov
Agency Case Number: 75-0133

NCIC Case Number: Unknown
NamUs Case Number: 15399

Information Source(s)
NamUs
FL Department of Law Enfocement
The Miami Herald - Mar. 17 & 19, 1975
1671UFFL

1671UFFL - Unidentified Female

No_Image_Available_female.jpg

State of Remains: Not recognizable - Traumatic injuries
Physical Description
Estimated Age: 30-40 years old
Height: 5'4"
Weight: 120-130 lbs
Hair Color: Light brown or blond
Identifiers
Dentals: Available, previous extensive dental work, teeth not taken care of in her later years
Clothing: White v-neck athletic shirt with red, white, and blue ribbed collar with a small black and gold eagle embossed on the left front, brand or label "Dunofold, Inc." store label "Stan Smith, Mohawk, New York", size medium; baggy white muslin calf-length pants, size medium; red colored knee length socks
Jewelry: String with five small bells tied around left calf
The decedent's body, along with unidentified male 3798UMFL, was discovered in a clump of bushes 400 feet off Loop Road, about 5 miles south of the Tamiami Trail in the Everglades. Both bodies had been beaten to death with a blunt object, cut in half, placed separately into four green garage bags, and then stuffed into four canvas duffle bags. The duffle bags were non-military issue and were a common type without any markings. The hands of both victims had been removed to prevent identification. A cheap pair of Japanese-made handcuffs were found inside the bag with the female. She had been cuffed before murdered execution style.

The clothing had brand labels found primarily in northern cities, leading investigators to the assumption the couple were originally from the north. Neither were wearing underwear, leading detectives to speculate there were hippies. The female had extensive dental work done previously but had not taken care of her teeth as she had earlier in her life.
Investigating Agency(s)
Agency Contact Person: Major Crimes Sgt. Barney Sajdak
Agency Phone Number: 305-289-2430
Agency E-Mail: bsajdak(at)keysso.net
Agency Case Number: MCSO75OFF303708

Agency Case Number: 75-0133

NamUs Case Number: 15399
Information Source(s)
NamUs UP15399
FL Department of Law Enfocement
1671UFFL

3798UMFL - Unidentified Male

No_Image_Available_male.jpg

State of Remains: Not recognizable - Traumatic injuries.

Physical Description

Estimated Age: 40-50 years old
Height: 5'10"
Weight: 145-150 lbs
Hair Color: Reddish brown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: May have worn a beard

Identifiers

Dentals: Edentulous, healed gums

Clothing: White knit shirt with brand or tag label "Catalina", size M; khaki or green L.L. Bean, Freeport, Maine shorts with double pockets in front, store label "Yodel Britches", size 32
Jewelry: Unknown

The decedent's body, along with unidentified female 1671UFFL, was discovered in a clump of bushes 400 feet off Loop Road, about 5 miles south of the Tamiami Trail in the Everglades. Both bodies had been beaten to death with a blunt object, cut in half, placed separately into four green garage bags, and then stuffed into four canvas duffle bags. The duffle bags were non-military issue and were a common type without any markings. The hands of both victims had been removed to prevent identification. The male had been trussed with chord before murdered execution style.

The clothing had brand labels found primarily in northern cities, leading investigators to the assumption the couple were originally from the north. Neither were wearing underwear, leading detectives to speculate there were hippies.

Investigating Agency(s)

Agency Contact Person Det. Patricia O'Keefe
Agency Phone Number: 305-289-2371
Agency E-Mail: Unknown
Agency Case Number: MCSO75OFF30378

Agency Case Number: 75-0132

NamUs Case Number: 15404

Information Source(s)

NamUs UP15404
FL Department of Law Enforcement
3798UMFL

I think this woman was found with a man.. because there is male remains found the same day and the same location.. its a bit odd that they have not connected them.. and I have not found anything written about them either anywhere..

they both have traumatic injuries.
the way the clothing is described is the same
there is no mention of shoes for either of them
they both have the same PMI
they could have been brother and sister, considering John Doe was an auburn, and Jane doe was a strawberry blonde, which this in mind red hair is a recessive gene that they seem to both carry, and for Jane Doe blond is also a recessive gene as well

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deprizilla
Back