FL - Multiple Fatalities at Mass Shooting at Madden Gaming Tournament, Jacksonville, 26 Aug 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I heard an interview earlier and the man was talking about hiring professional gamers and sending them to this tournament. Leaves me wondering how much money is involved.

I think this tournament is not much money compared to others.

For example, the Dota2 championships that just happened the other day....the winning team won over $11 million (but this includes everyone like coaches, etc).

David Katz: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com
A witness told the Los Angeles Times that the shooter, identified as David Katz, had played in the tournament earlier and lost. Steven “Steveyj” Javaruski, who was another competitor in the tournament, told the newspaper the gunman came back to the event with a gun and “targeted a few people” before fatally shooting himself.

Another witness, Javaris Long, told the Tampa Bay Times that the suspect was “nerdy” and got mad because he lost, so he went to his car, got his gun, came back and “started blasting everybody.”

For this tournament specifically I'm not sure, I've heard that it was a couple of thousand. Some of the bigger gaming tournaments have prize money in the millions.
This was the qualification matches for the actual tournament to be held later.
So this guy didn't even make it to the tournament itself and still killed people.
Some gamers have been swatting other online players. And this guy went above and beyond.
Too much anger for guys that just sit in their mammas house all day and play games. :(

This was the qualification matches for the actual tournament to be held later.
So this guy didn't even make it to the tournament itself and still killed people.
Some gamers have been swatting other online players. And this guy went above and beyond.
Too much anger for guys that just sit in their mammas house all day and play games. :(
He won last year. I wonder if he'd planned on doing this at the finals instead, but had to change when he was eliminated?

IMO Katz’s eyes look empty. Also, I’ve poked around and found a past few videos of him and his appearance has taken quite a drastic turn mostly regarding his skin in the last while. My guess is this is untreated/undertreated mental illness with a young man harboring a lot of resentment. All my opinion. So interested to hear more about his family situation and past. <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Refuse to watch NFL or anything having to do with the NFL.
That said,
I put gaming up there with UFC Fights as the Dark Underbelly of American sports.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman
Back