FL FL - Nancy Meither, 66, Panama City Beach, 28 September 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

doodles1211

Reaction score
Nancy Meither, 66, of Dry Ridge, Kentucky, was last seen Friday at about 10 p.m. beach side at Sunbird condos. Her family believes if she did not drown in the Gulf, she may have been kidnapped.
Nancy Meither, 66, of Dry Ridge, Kentucky, was last seen Friday at about 10 p.m. beach side. She was last seen wearing a black and gray one-piece swimsuit behind the Sunbird Condominiums, 9850 S Thomas Drive, where her husband had left her to go to their room. Despite police deploying helicopters to aid in the search, Meither has not been seen since...
According to Panama City Beach Police reports, Nancy Meither and her husband, Jerel, were sitting on the beach Friday night watching the sunset. At about 10 p.m., Jerel Meither went to their room to go to bed and Nancy Meither remained behind on the beach and told him she’d be up. However, Nancy Meither never made it back to the room, PCBPD reported.

Search continues in Panama City Beach for missing woman - News - Panama City News Herald - Panama City, FL

42775064_10155809608706658_3402306369850703872_n.jpg

WMBB-TV

This is just not adding up. Official sunset in Panama City is 6:27. So they sat out in the dark for 3 and a half hours after it got dark, it's down in the low 70's at that point and she's only wearing a swimsuit, wherein the husband goes back to the condo and goes to sleep without ensuring she is back safely? That makes no sense. Search continues in Panama City Beach for missing woman - News - Panama City News Herald - Panama City, FL. I understand the family holding out hopes but 66-year-old women are seldom kidnapped. The average kidnapping victim is female age 12-17. Yes, older women are sometimes carjacked, but kidnapped off a beach with no valuables on her person? Highly doubtful. I'm guessing if alcohol was not a factor she got caught by a sneaker wave. Spending summers on the Oregon coast as a kid we were taught to never turn out back on the ocean and NOT to approach it after dark as it's easy for a rogue wave to take you offshore.

Nancy Meither, 66, disappeared last Friday at around 10 p.m. She and her husband, both retired teachers, watched the sun set from the beach. The husband left her there, and Nancy Meither never returned to their room.

The pair had been staying at the Sunbird Condos (pictured) for the past three weeks.

Meither was last seen wearing a black and gray one-piece swimsuit.

Dry Ridge Woman Reported Missing in Florida

sunbird.jpg

Hopefully that condo complex has security cameras - because this story makes ZERO sense.

I agree, between the sunset, the fact that she was last seen at 10:00 pm (well after sunset) and last seen in a bathing suit (at 10:00pm) makes not sense at all. No dinner?

I agree, between the sunset, the fact that she was last seen at 10:00 pm (well after sunset) and last seen in a bathing suit (at 10:00pm) makes not sense at all. No dinner?
I'm beginning to think dinner was liquid. The husband in one of the first links posted here mentioned her "cup" was missing. This new article now states he left her in the water at chest level, and he was seen leaving the water but she did not. I'm sorry, but there is NO way, my husband, if thinking clearly, would leave me in the ocean at 10 at night, and go to bed. IMO, I think both had over-imbibed on perhaps their last days of their vacation (as many of us have), he went inside and promptly fell asleep and she drowned. Investigation continues for missing Kentucky woman

She was last seen in the Gulf behind the Sunbird Condominiums.

"Mr. and Mrs. Meither were down on the beach enjoying the sunset. They actually spent a majority of the day on the beach," Chief Drew Whitman said.

Witnesses told police they saw Nancy's husband head back upstairs to their condo while she remained in the water at what appeared to be chest level.

"Couple hours later, someone called up and said, 'Hey, we saw him leave the water. We never saw her leave the water'," Chief Whitman said.

Police said Mr. Meither told them he fell asleep and called police the next day when he couldn't find her.

"He went and checked on her, she wasn't in her room. He got a little concerned, went down to the beach and found the chair that they were sitting in," Chief Whitman said.

Investigation continues for missing Kentucky woman

This reporting is all over the place!! Was she in the water, was she behind the condo, was she in the chair???

She was last seen in the Gulf behind the Sunbird Condominiums.

"Mr. and Mrs. Meither were down on the beach enjoying the sunset. They actually spent a majority of the day on the beach," Chief Drew Whitman said.

Witnesses told police they saw Nancy's husband head back upstairs to their condo while she remained in the water at what appeared to be chest level.

"Couple hours later, someone called up and said, 'Hey, we saw him leave the water. We never saw her leave the water'," Chief Whitman said.

Police said Mr. Meither told them he fell asleep and called police the next day when he couldn't find her.

"He went and checked on her, she wasn't in her room. He got a little concerned, went down to the beach and found the chair that they were sitting in," Chief Whitman said.

Investigation continues for missing Kentucky woman

This reporting is all over the place!! Was she in the water, was she behind the condo, was she in the chair???
The beach is behind the condo so that's technically correct. Sounds like police talked to more than one witness who all said the same thing that both were in the water,and he left and she remained in the water. I'd believe that over anything else right now.

Agree with all of you that this doesn't add up. I'm pretty familiar with that area, and unless I'm mistaken that part of the beach is VERY DARK at night, with very few artificial / electric lights. There would probably be people walking on the beach and maybe wading in the shallow water, but to be out chest deep at night is very unusual.

Agree with all of you that this doesn't add up. I'm pretty familiar with that area, and unless I'm mistaken that part of the beach is VERY DARK at night, with very few artificial / electric lights. There would probably be people walking on the beach and maybe wading in the shallow water, but to be out chest deep at night is very unusual.
The last time I was in Panama City there was a big ban on lighting on the beaches, because of the turtles. But, that was years ago, when I used to frequent Panama City often.

The last time I was in Panama City there was a big ban on lighting on the beaches, because of the turtles. But, that was years ago, when I used to frequent Panama City often.
The lighting ban is still in effect. We love to visit during hatching season, and watch when the volunteers excavate a hatched nest. Sometimes, a few stragglers are helped out.

Interesting - the NAMUS info linked above said they were seen in the water a bit after 6 pm NOT 10 PM and the husband left around then, still enough light for witnesses. However, didn't he get suspicious when in the hours between then and sleep his wife didn't return?

Interesting - the NAMUS info linked above said they were seen in the water a bit after 6 pm NOT 10 PM and the husband left around then, still enough light for witnesses. However, didn't he get suspicious when in the hours between then and sleep his wife didn't return?

They had been on the beach all day, and that can be exhausting.The husband probably showered and went to bed early not realizing that anything was wrong.

did the husband say anything about drinking? im going with she was too intoxicated to get back to shore or a tide/wave swept her out. either way, i thinks this is a tragic accident

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tattvaspa895
Back