FL FL- Orlando, vacant lot, Partial skeletal remains, John Doe,UP553, homicide, DNA ID - Richard Wick, 48, of NY

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

dotr

Reaction score
1718142341011.png
''In October 1993, two hunters stumbled upon the partial skeletal remains of an unidentified individual on an old vacant lot that had been used as a vegetable farm in Orlando, Florida. The remains were provided to the Orange County Sheriff’s Office, who conducted an excavation of the area on the following day in an effort to recover additional remains. Upon examination, it was determined that the remains were that of a white male who was between the ages of 45 and 55 years at the time of this death. Due to the limited information and the condition of the man's remains, no other identifying characteristics could be determined. The man's manner of death was determined to be homicide.

Details of the case were entered into the National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) as UP553.

''A reference sample was collected from a potential relative and compared to the DNA profile of the man. This comparison confirmed the identity of Orange County John Doe as 48-year-old Richard Wick. Wick moved to Florida from New York and was reported missing by his family, with whom he was in touch with regularly, after he failed to contact them for an extended period of time''.

Vegetable farm? My first guess is this guy was homeless and got caught raiding a farmer's vegetable garden. And that's when he got shot.

Vegetable farm? My first guess is this guy was homeless and got caught raiding a farmer's vegetable garden. And that's when he got shot.
Judging by that picture, that place had not been used as a vegetable farm for a long time. Somebody used it as a dump site for his body, IMO.

I grew up in that area and also on a farm.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro
Back