CANADA Canada- Amanda Antoni, 31, found dead in her basement, considered suspicious but ruled an accidental fall down stairs, Calgary, 26/10/15, *Netflix*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I still feel like if she fell down these stairs her head would hit that ledge, that piggy bank is kind of around the corner. I just don't see her head hitting the piggy bank smack down from the angle.

1723434116309.png

Amanda’s autopsy report noted that she died due to blunt-force trauma, it also revealed that she didn’t have any brain trauma or any severe injuries except a broken right orbital bone. Autopsy determined Antoni died between 7-7:30 p.m. on Saturday.

Some info on oribital bones and orbital fractures:

The “orbit” or “socket” of the eye encases the eyeball and protects its place in the skull. The structure of the orbit is made up of several orbital bones that provide a strong base for the eye so that it can perform its functions properly.

There are seven orbital bones that make up this structure: the frontal, sphenoid, zygomatic, ethmoid, lacrimal, palatine and maxilla bones. Each of these plays a role in keeping the eyeball protected.

Though small, the orbital bones are quite strong to protect the eye inside the head.

What is an orbital bone fracture?​

An orbital bone fracture or break is what it sounds like: a broken orbital bone (or multiple bones). This is frequently the result of an accident, such as a car wreck or being hit hard by a flying object (for example, a baseball during a ballgame). Broken orbital bones can also happen if you come into contact with the force of someone’s fist.

There are three main types of orbital fractures — blowout, orbital floor and orbital rim — in which any or all of the bones can be affected.

Types of right orbital fractures​

There are a few types of orbital fractures. The type of fracture you have depends on which bones surrounding your right eye fracture or break. Types of right orbital fractures include:
  • Right orbital rim fracture: An orbital rim fracture is an injury to the outer edges of the eye area. The bone in this area is thick. People with orbital rim fractures often have other facial and eye injuries.
  • Right orbital floor fracture: An orbital floor fracture occurs when an injury pushes the eye socket backward. This can also affect the eye’s muscles and nerves.
  • Right blowout fracture: A blowout fracture is a break on the inner wall or the surrounding bones of the eye sockets. These bones are thin, and this injury can occur as a result of seemingly minor hits to the face.

Release from CPS page below... interesting that CPS submitted this case for the Netflix show. They are wanting tips, I think they might think it's homicide but just need that one tip maybe?

Amanda’s death was initially thought to be suspicious, and over the next 14 months, investigators spent countless hours pouring over evidence and consulting experts.

Throughout the investigation, detectives sought expertise from our own Cyber/Forensics Unit and Forensic Crime Scenes Unit. Detectives also worked closely with The Office of the Chief Medical Examiner in Calgary, a biomechanics expert and the RCMP Behavioural Sciences Unit to review the evidence in the case.

In the years following Amanda’s death, the lead investigator continued to work with Amanda’s family to provide answers, and in 2020, the case was submitted to Netflix’s Unsolved Mysteries with the hope that new public attention on the case could resolve any outstanding doubt once and for all.

Calgary Police Service homicide investigation featured in new Unsolved Mysteries episode

I’m local and this case really freaks me out.

There’s no doubt that the neighborhood where her house is located, Castleridge, is a rough area with lots of transient characters.

I think that the sister-in-law and her ‘associates’ need to be looked into more carefully.

I’m local and this case really freaks me out.

There’s no doubt that the neighborhood where her house is located, Castleridge, is a rough area with lots of transient characters.

I think that the sister-in-law and her ‘associates’ need to be looked into more carefully.
I am definitely in line with this. Sister might be cleared but what about her pals? I think if Amanda was "confronted" or set up somehow by another female, that female had a look out person or someone else with her for intimidation.

Is there a vibe in the area/neighborhood that it was more homicide than accidental do you think?

I am definitely in line with this. Sister might be cleared but what about her pals? I think if Amanda was "confronted" or set up somehow by another female, that female had a look out person or someone else with her for intimidation.

Is there a vibe in the area/neighborhood that it was more homicide than accidental do you think?
I think the vibe is that there are a lot of questions surrounding her death considering all the circumstances….ex: the barking dog in distress, the person running through the yard as seen by the neighbors, the background story with the sister-in-law, the toughness/high crime area of the neighborhood.

The very fact that CPS submitted the story to Unsolved Mysteries tells me that they must have questions too….and are likely looking for tips. Eventually, someone will talk, if this was not an accident.

I think the vibe is that there are a lot of questions surrounding her death considering all the circumstances….ex: the barking dog in distress, the person running through the yard as seen by the neighbors, the background story with the sister-in-law, the toughness/high crime area of the neighborhood.

The very fact that CPS submitted the story to Unsolved Mysteries tells me that they must have questions too….and are likely looking for tips. Eventually, someone will talk, if this was not an accident.
If murder (which is my stance as obvious lol) I truly hope it's resolved too.

I don't recall a reward offering, I'm foggy. Wish they have a reward to maybe conjure up some loose lips IF anyone knows anything.... they might talk. IF there's anything to talk about of course.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro
Back