FL - Parents throw 9-year old child into bonfire to "rid him of demon"; father shot dead after attacking police - 12/24/23

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Clearsky

Reaction score

Richard Ham was “armed” with two metal rods, the Highlands County Sheriff’s Office wrote. Lakenya Lavonn Phillips was met with various charges after police recovered her son from a burning fire

View attachment 470028
Thank goodness this little one was rescued! He would have surely met certain death with those two. I hope he feels safe, secure, well fed and clean now.

Snip:
The child is not suffering from serious injuries and is currently with the Florida Department of Children and Families.

Authorities spoke to the child, who said that he had not bathed or brushed his teeth in at least 10 days and had not been fed for at least 24 hours.

The nine-year-old also added that both adults “regularly” used drugs. Apparently, Ham had previously threatened the child with a large knife — and said that knife had been used to “to kill someone.”

Richard Ham was “armed” with two metal rods, the Highlands County Sheriff’s Office wrote. Lakenya Lavonn Phillips was met with various charges after police recovered her son from a burning fire

View attachment 470028
There's so much going on in that article. It reads like fiction but sadly it's true.

The sheriff's office discovered Phillips and the 9-year-old boy were listed as missing and endangered out of Wichita, Kansas on December 6. It still has not been determined when or why they came to Highlands County.

Richard Ham & Lakenya Phillips Relationship?

The sheriff's office discovered Phillips and the 9-year-old boy were listed as missing and endangered out of Wichita, Kansas on December 6. It still has not been determined when or why they came to Highlands County.
@PayrollNerd Thanks for your post.
Missing and endangered from/in Wichita KS.
Ends up in FL.
Any hint of communication btwn Ham & Phillips before she & son were reported missing & endangered?
Puzzling.

Last edited:
That's not something a person would typically believe or attempt to "fix" by throwing a child into a bonfire. It makes me think they were a cult akin to the Turpin family.
I think they were just doing a ton of drugs. Drugs were found in the vehicle and the son reported he saw his mom and Han doing drugs together.

That's not something a person would typically believe or attempt to "fix" by throwing a child into a bonfire. It makes me think they were a cult akin to the Turpin family.

Any group that teaches that children can be possessed by demons is a cult, in my opinion.

There are lots and lots of these groups, and they are attractive to people with pre-existing mindsets/mental conditions, IMO.

Obviously, we only hear about the extreme examples where LE gets involved.

I think they were just doing a ton of drugs. Drugs were found in the vehicle and the son reported he saw his mom and Han doing drugs together.

Even so, drug users still have thoughts and beliefs in their heads. This story didn't make itself up. A child was harmed because someone (druggie or not) had crazy ideas.

IMO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meganreinert
Back