FL FL - Pat Carter, 62, & Kelly Moriarty (fnd dec'd), 38, Bradenton, 17 Dec 2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Yeah, sorry, I got corn-fused whilst trying to read the links and learn all the names and relationships. :blush:

Does the story of Doris commonly carrying a duffle bag of weapons only come from SM (via dailymail, kinda like the National Enquirer)?

Much of what I've gleaned about Doris was stated by SM in USA Newspapers & UK Dailymail and yes the Dailymail sure digs up the stories. One National Gay Newspaper picked up the story about the ladies.

It still bothers me that the daughter and son-in-law aren't checked out more thoroughly. They certainly have the most to gain, evidently Kelly's car appears to just be driven somewhere, they only report Doris missing after brother of Kelly reports Kelly missing and who's to actually believe the last time they were seen was December 16th especially knowing Kelly's car was found a few days after that. I do not believe this was a random act of violence but rather deliberate.

methinks the answer to the mystery is in RedCardinal's first post ...

Just reread it....and LadyL I am with you.....

Police are investigating a possible break in severed leg case

There may be new information in a still-unsolved murder mystery involving a severed leg that washed ashore in St. Petersburg in December.

[snip]

It turns out the day before Moriarty's leg was found, Sarasota deputies had pulled over a white car in which, reports show, they found drugs.

More important, perhaps, is what was found in the trunk.

According to the arrest report, deputies found a stun gun, two hatchets - one with what appeared to be blood stains - a knife, gloves and dark clothing.

Deputies arrested 45-year-old Anthony Brigitzer for possession of the stun gun which he was not supposed to have, because of a prior felony.

More: http://www.wtsp.com/news/local/arti...nvestigate-possible-break-in-severed-leg-case

Police are investigating a possible break in severed leg case

There may be new information in a still-unsolved murder mystery involving a severed leg that washed ashore in St. Petersburg in December.

[snip]

It turns out the day before Moriarty's leg was found, Sarasota deputies had pulled over a white car in which, reports show, they found drugs.

More important, perhaps, is what was found in the trunk.

According to the arrest report, deputies found a stun gun, two hatchets - one with what appeared to be blood stains - a knife, gloves and dark clothing.

Deputies arrested 45-year-old Anthony Brigitzer for possession of the stun gun which he was not supposed to have, because of a prior felony.

More: http://www.wtsp.com/news/local/arti...nvestigate-possible-break-in-severed-leg-case

From SheWho's article

This woman was arrested at the same time

http://florida.arrests.org/Arrests/Kelly_Rosier_5516267/

I certainly hope that they have the hatchet and that they are testing it for DNA. So sad! It has been quite a while, I would think that the results would be back soon.

Just found this in the Herald Tribune Newspaper which covers Sarasota, Venice, North Port areas - Kelly Rosier from Venice and Anthony M Brigitzer from North Port. May 7th 2012 Anthony Brigitzer has been arrested for 8 counts of fraud and another 8 counts of dealing in stolen property story at this link http://www.heraldtribune.com/article/20120507/BREAKING/120509660/2627?Title=Fraud-charges-filed-against-convicted-felon&tc=ar

I believe Anthony Brigitzer may be from Cleveland, Ohio area.

This fellow has some strange tattoos'

http://mugshots.com/US-Counties/Florida/Sarasota-County-FL/Anthony-M-Brigitzer/details/

Thanks Red Cardinal!! :)

Yes, interesting tattoos indeed when places in context with the sexual preference of the women.

Can somebody refresh my memory please?
Did he have access to a boat that we know of?
Any records that he owns one? (Or family)

Thanks.

I believe the daughter did it, I saw her facebook page and there is no mention of her mother, it is as if the mother never existed to her. She only mentions her father in a prayer and the rest is all the great times she is having with her husband and daughter. I lived in Plant City in 2004 till 2007 I thought it was a great town to live in.

I believe the daughter did it, I saw her facebook page and there is no mention of her mother, it is as if the mother never existed to her. She only mentions her father in a prayer and the rest is all the great times she is having with her husband and daughter. I lived in Plant City in 2004 till 2007 I thought it was a great town to live in.

I admire your courageous post! Thanks for the facebook mention on here, it seems callous to me to not utter a word about your poor mama missing! even if we don't get along in a family, no matter what the reason may be two people went missing. I think your right on CinnamonGirl! Plant City seems to be a lovely area! I've enjoyed the town newspaper!

Are there any new updates on this case? It still makes me think that the family of Doris may know more than they are saying!! Hopefully there is closure to this soon as this only shows just how violent a society we live in!:moo:

It would be interesting to see the cell phone communication for December 2011 and learn about pings. Also, there may be prints in the abandoned car. Bank transaction information and receipts in the vehicle probably will provide some clues, too.

I don't know why they are checking into the two who were arrested. But I suspect the son-in-law.

It would be interesting to see the cell phone communication for December 2011 and learn about pings. Also, there may be prints in the abandoned car. Bank transaction information and receipts in the vehicle probably will provide some clues, too.

I don't know why they are checking into the two who were arrested. But I suspect the son-in-law.

Right on with the pings! If the ladies each had a phone and thrown into the ocean would they still ping? and for how long? Thanks!

The phones would short out really quickly in the water. But they could use information from their last calls to figure out where they were the last time that they were able to make calls.

I can see the writing on the wall with this one. How would you feel if your mother or mother-in-law was trying to evict you a week before Christmas?

It seems like one of these women might have been the victim of circumstance.

Hi to other WS friends I'm still here, thought I'd check in once I keep waiting for a news release and there is nothing. I check the papers and check Hillsborough County Sheriff web site and just nothing it's like every thing has come to a stand still. We must never give up here and lets pray that one of the regions involved come up with a clue to solve this. Pray they begin at Doris Carter's home. I think some kind of skullduggery has gone on here and these 2 women got in the way and it's all about greed, just my opinion there.

It amazes me that the murder of a young woman in New Orleans draws hundreds of people while this case has drawn no more than a dozen.

It is too bad we have not had any updates on this case. I too believe that they need to look further into the family of Doris Carter. With Kelly being a woman of oportunity and Doris's family being on the verge being ousted from the home, you would think they would try and dig a little further!!! Just sayin.

Hi I'm new, I first heard about Doris Carter and Kelly Moriarty in the UK Daily Mail Newspaper. I also think it is very strange that Stacy Muralt and Anthony Muralt never reported Doris Carter missing all through Christmas, New Year even until the police show up at the door, then they decide to report Doris missing.
I found out that William Carter now deceased Doris's husband Manufactured Carter's Cast Nets at McLin Drive, Plant City. They apparently owned a home across the road Stacy Muralt divorced a Mr. N<modsnip> and married Anthony Muralt,
Mr. & Mrs. Carter sold the house across the road to their daughter & son-in-law for $10.00 (this is on the Hillsborough Court Records) so it looks like this daughter and son-in-law borrowed on this property and get in over their heads and the house was foreclosed on, it is gone! It looks like the couple moved in Doris's home, Anthony Muralt runs a business called Affordable Signs at McLin Drive, precision cutting equipment is involved. I checked Stacy and Anthony out and their financial troubles seemed hefty. What really shocked me was Doris Pat Carter on December 15th 2011, Plaintiff took out a Judgement for Possession Unlawful Detainer Defendants Stacy Muralt & Anthony Muralt - Doris wanted them out of her home. The two ladies go missing the next day.

Ya this sounds like a good place to start looking.

It's hard to believe there has been no further news about this case. It appears to be another one for the back burner that might get solved in another 50 years.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missing-CC
Back