FL FL - Pensacola, WhtMale, 25-45 - Lion, Cross with Halo and "ex-con" tattoos- UP103127- March 8, 1989

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

PatLaurel

Former Member
Reaction score
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

0 Missing Person Exclusions

Estimated Year of Death 1988-1989
Estimated PMI 2 Months

Height 5' 9"(69 inches) , Estimated

Circumstances of Recovery- Unidentified white male found extremely decomposed and partially skeletonized. Located in a thicket between an abandoned building and refrigerator-freezer trailer on Palafox street. Believed to be a transient. Believed to have been deceased 2-4 months at the time of discovery.

Distinctive Physical Features​

Tattoo
Lion on lower anterior sternum, Cross with Halo over superior medial aspects of nipples bilaterally and “ex con” overlying the anterior medial aspect of the left lower leg (just above the ankle)

Clothing and Accessories​

Clothing
HIS brand blue jeans Dark blue/black nylon socks Brown rubber sole casual lace-up shoes Blue/green fish net underwear (jockey)
On the Body

Last edited by a moderator:

NamUs profile was updated and there's a different description of the Lion tattoo.

"Seated Lion with possible necklace rosary around the neck(...)"

I did notice a cross when I uploaded the photo, but not a rosary and, now that that detail was added, I believe the animal depicted is not a Lion, but a Dog. What appears to be the mane is the "possible" rosary (and some other indiscernible symbol) around the neck. Also, the short tail resembles that of a Dog, same with the snout. MOO

As to the crosses above the nipples, they are "Pachuco Crosses", and since they represent gang affiliation and are usually accompanied by the gang initials, I wonder if the Lion/Dog could be the symbol of the gang our JD was affiliated with? Pachuco Cross Tattoo Meaning and symbolism - MyTatouage.com

MOO JMO

A couple of articles suggest investigators thought he may have been from California. I wonder what made them come to that conclusion. If true, he was pretty far from home.

Personal effects indicate the man may be from California.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back