FL - Quarter-sized gallinippers to invade Sunshine State, entomologists predict

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
JusticeForever! Noticed yours was post #100!! Godot will get an award for sure...but we may need to solicit a volunteer to go up & rap on his door to tell him. :)

A meme? You mean like this one? ;)

attachment.php

:thud:

why?

WHY?!!!

OMG! YOu poor thing!

Did it hurt more than a regular mosquito bite? Does it itch?

I think I'm going to live....but it really shocked me how much it stung! I jumped and let out a scream! It was like being pricked by a large and very sharp sewing needle! It didn't swell up at all, but it got me in a weird place - on the very tip of my pointer finger on my left hand where I have had major callouses for the past 30+ years from being a guitar player. I mean...I didn't think I had any feeling left there in the tips of my fingers, but dayum...I do! Those things must bite DEEP! I can still feel where it got me hours later!

I think I'm going to live....but it really shocked me how much it stung! I jumped and let out a scream! It was like being pricked by a large and very sharp sewing needle! It didn't swell up at all, but it got me in a weird place - on the very tip of my pointer finger on my left hand where I have had major callouses for the past 30+ years from being a guitar player. I mean...I didn't think I had any feeling left there in the tips of my fingers, but dayum...I do! Those things must bite DEEP! I can still feel where it got me hours later!

...after seeing your experience, I read G's article more closely & others. My skin is crawling...those things don't mess around!Take care of yourself & feel better soon. Jeez, they even bite pets!

"Mega mosquitoes, whose bites 'feels like getting stabbed,' are scheduled to invade Florida...called gallinippers or even "hairy-legged zebras," are about 20 times the size of a normal mosquito.

...can penetrate through multiple layers of clothing and will bite anything from people to pets; they've even been known to feed on fish and tadpoles.

...They feed day and night, using a saw-like jaw to drill down into a target's skin. The pain associated with a mosquito bite happens when the mosquito withdraws its straw-like jaw -- ...'like pulling a hook out of the skin.'"

http://www.isciencetimes.com/articl...uitoes-why-gallinipper-bites-feel-getting.htm

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassie.ryan18
Back