FL FL - Rosemary Day, 27, Jacksonville, 21 May 2011

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
another intriguing, bizarre case,is 15 year old Ailene Lander...

Abducted by her step-father with her mom and 5 siblings!

they are on the run... And the search is on... :what:

and there is another one from Jacksonville....Alexis Newman she left with a step father..(.mad at mama about a boy) but BF is a convicted felon and it has been since June....She actually lived in hazelhurst Georgia when she left but she lived in Jacksonville and is very good friends with a friends daughter..(not sure her case is on here, i will check).what is it with all these stories so close to home....I know someone else asked on Ivy's thread about the Karen Barnes case (killed in arson on boat by ex husband in St, Marys back in August). I did not say this then because it would have looked like I was a freak claiming to know all these people and I of course knew it had nothing to do with Ivy...but Karen was a friend of mine and I had had dinner with her and her husband on that boat in April. The same husband (now ex, and dead from Camden County LE shooting him when he pulled a gun on them...) So, it has been very active in my world lately which is what eventually brought me to WS....stalking for info....Also, cannot say enough about Camden County LE (every dept) they have had a rough year.....So glad for them also that Ivy was found alive....they def needed good news!

Always careful over here. Its ok, during the day (as long as you stay in your car LOL) You want find me here at dark time though. When the time changes and it starts getting dark earlier, you should see what comes lurking out. :what:

and there is another one from Jacksonville....Alexis Newman she left with a step father..(.mad at mama about a boy) but BF is a convicted felon and it has been since June....She actually lived in hazelhurst Georgia when she left but she lived in Jacksonville and is very good friends with a friends daughter..(not sure her case is on here, i will check).what is it with all these stories so close to home....I know someone else asked on Ivy's thread about the Karen Barnes case (killed in arson on boat by ex husband in St, Marys back in August). I did not say this then because it would have looked like I was a freak claiming to know all these people and I of course knew it had nothing to do with Ivy...but Karen was a friend of mine and I had had dinner with her and her husband on that boat in April. The same husband (now ex, and dead from Camden County LE shooting him when he pulled a gun on them...) So, it has been very active in my world lately which is what eventually brought me to WS....stalking for info....Also, cannot say enough about Camden County LE (every dept) they have had a rough year.....So glad for them also that Ivy was found alive....they def needed good news!
Oh my gosh, Cam!

So many missing persons in your area... And one you had dinner on the boat with! :what:

Karen Barnes
Alexis Newman
Ivy Merck
rosemary Day

I was brought to WS for the Baby Lisa case... And became hooked from then on!

DH and I even took a short trip to sleuth to the area where Sierra Lamar went missing ..... Since I live in SoCal.

It definitely gets under your skin!

Be careful... It seems like your area is a hot spot for missing people! :please:

see you here and on the other threads! :seeya:

Oh my gosh, Cam!

So many missing persons in your area... And one you had dinner on the boat with! :what:

Karen Barnes
Alexis Newman
Ivy Merck
rosemary Day

I was brought to WS for the Baby Lisa case... And became hooked from then on!

DH and I even took a short trip to sleuth to the area where Sierra Lamar went missing ..... Since I live in SoCal.

It definitely gets under your skin!

Be careful... It seems like your area is a hot spot for missing people! :please:

see you here and on the other threads! :seeya:

This is the message I sent to Rosemary's site administrator...so I will see what happens...quite sure I left nothing out...lol....I hope
I am allowed to paste it on here...i think so since it was written by me...if not I am sorry and I will do better next time..

Hi....not sure you remember me. I reached out to you several times when Rosemary first went missing. Actually participated in a few searches for her also. She has never been far from my mind and heart. I have a prayer list on my bathroom mirror and her name has been on it since I first heard of her disappearnce. For some reason I was drawn to her....she has such a light around her when I look at her pictures....okay I say all of that to say this....I got involved with Websleuths when Ivy Merck was mssing. Ivy and my son dated in HS and I adore her. While doing some research on her I came across WS....for a few days I read and read and read and really thought they were a bunch of people that were just well nosy....(lack of a better word) I wanted to explain to them what I knew of Ivy and her family and help them understand what an amazing young lady she is...(perhaps she had just lost her way for a time)...so I joined. Let me just say they (happy to say me too) are a group of the most loving, compassionate, caring, thought provoking, smart, intelligent and on and on people I have ever been associated with in my 50 years on this earth.

There was a discussion thread for Rosemary's case on Websleuths and after Ivy was found I asked some of the "sleuthers" if they would join me in trying to help bring awareness back to Rosemary's case. They started a new discussion thread and we have done a little ground work. I know someone has already reached out to you and you did give her some information but she did say you were a little hesitant...(maybe that was just his/her feeling and I am also not sure if it was the same person that is reading this message) I just want you to know we are a family/victim friendly site and will do whatever we can to help promote searching for her and put our heads together and possibly come up with an avenue of clues that has been missed or overlooked. I am telling you the lengths WS went to in researching the facts of Ivys case and the knowledge many heads , versus one was staggering to me. I am not going to say there will never be anything on the site that bothers a family member because the facts and speculatings come out but certainly not in a malice or hateful way. I will tell you that is what first caused Ivy's brother and sister in law to join WS..they read all the speculation and our thoughts and I believe they first joined to dispel rumors and QUICKLY realized we were only out for one thing and that was to find Ivy and they began to help us and gave any info they could. Her brother and father have actually given WS a lot of credit for Ivy being found when speaking to the meda.

I say all of this to say we would love to do what we can but so much time has passed and I know the family must have much information that would cut out a lot of leg work for us, so would you like us to help and would you be willing to pass on any information that may be helpful as we start this process? Please think about it and know either way, I will on my own do what I can for Rosemary's mysterious disappearance to be brought back to the forefront and her mysterious disappearance to be solved. She will stay on my prayer list for sure. Thanks for listening. Be Blessed!

BBM
LOL, you remind me of someone that works with me that lives in your area also. He knows everybody too!
I dont think he knew these two though.

I went down Liberty today when I went out for lunch. The area her car was found was further down than I expected. Just as bad (worse) of an area.

Im thinking person who put it there came from westside area through downtown made last right before going over Mathews bridge. Good place to drop car off to either get stolen (may have been their purpose) or was it broke down (out of gas etc....)

Going to check other cases listed, til something new comes up here.

Maybe someone will answer Cam's letter.

BBM
LOL, you remind me of someone that works with me that lives in your area also. He knows everybody too!
I dont think he knew these two though.

I went down Liberty today when I went out for lunch. The area her car was found was further down than I expected. Just as bad (worse) of an area.

Im thinking person who put it there came from westside area through downtown made last right before going over Mathews bridge. Good place to drop car off to either get stolen (may have been their purpose) or was it broke down (out of gas etc....)

Going to check other cases listed, til something new comes up here.

Maybe someone will answer Cam's letter.

Yes, I thought it was down close to the Mathew's Bridge....have not heard from anyone yet regarding my letter....so where are you going? Gabbie's case is so troubling to me....I know Grant knows where that child is.....:banghead:

This case has always been in the back of my mind since I saw it on the DOE network. Reminds me of a friend of mine from my college days.

Anyway, the reason I'm posting is that you can actually see Rosemary's car on Google Maps street view. If you use Street View and place yourself at the intersection where N Liberty St, E State St, E Union St and the Matthews Expy come together, you can actually look down N Liberty St and see the blue Corolla parked against the curb. The date at the bottom signifying when the Google car came through taking pictures is June 2011. It's only if you are at that intersection however. If you move up N Liberty, the date on the Street View changes to April 2011 and the car isn't there, of course.

So, I guess that establishes that the car had been there since June 2011.

I think everyone involved in this case knows JS3 is responsible. Camdenres.. thank you for trying. Unfortunately this case is a prime example of LE not searching or caring when you make the victim look like a crack addict. I have always believed that JS3 left her suitcase with the crack pipe in it to make it look like she left... but, of course, if she were a crack head, she wouldn't have left her pipe.

I wonder who he is abusing now? How many women will he harm before he is convicted? If she is ever found, it will be by accident, but with all the water around here, I doubt that will ever happen.

Yeah, if the POI was abusing her he surely is abusing another woman. Maybe right now. :(

Hi. I'm unsure if anyone still watches this thread but first, I want to thank you for your interest in trying to help find Rosemary.

I can not speak on behalf of no other member of her family, only for myself and what little relationship and time I had with her. I also cannot speak of any info on the case, which honestly, is none.

Having said that, I want to say that my name is Naomi. I'm her half sister. Tomorrow is her birthday and since she's still missing after three years, I want her to not disappear into paperwork and missing posters and cold case files.

There is only so much one person can do. But one person is a mighty force.

Please keep in mind that I am respecting the privacy of her family and can only speak to my relationship and interaction with her preceeding her disappearance, and will do so with respect as well.

Soooo, how can we jumpstart this again?

Families support each other on missing adults day
By Crystal Chen - Assignment editor/reporter
Posted: 5:53 PM, February 26, 2016
Updated: 6:06 AM, February 29, 2016

Jacksonville Sheriff Mike Williams, officers from five other counties including and other leaders joined the families as they remembered Yvonne Belcher, Ricky Caldwell, George Contos, Austin Davis, Rosemary Day, Mark Degner, Michelle Ennis, Michael Frazier, Bryan Hayes, Joshua Smith and John Rowan Jr., among others.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/families-support-each-other-on-missing-adults-day

I have learned that the sister who was advocating to find Rosemary has passed. She came out of the water at the beach and had a brain anyuerism (sp?). Such a sad fate for this family. Meanwhile, no more new leads for finding Rosemary. Prayers for this family.

Rosemary is featured this week on the Charley Project homepage.

Rosemary Rivas Day – The Charley Project

My heart goes out to her and her family.

In my opinion, the scene at her apartment was probably staged, and her car was abandoned by the suspect, probably hoping it would be stolen, if it's true that the doors were unlocked.

If it's true that her ex was abusive and that his family asked her not to press charges, that is shameful.

I searched for but couldn't find recent news articles. Rosemary was clearly a wonderful woman, and I hope there will be justice for her.

Whatever happened to her, stories like this break my heart. Obviously none of us "know" what happened to her, but it seems the likely outcomes are either she met with foul play at the hands of her companion or she ended her own life. In either case, she clearly led a troubled life that came to a lonely end. So sad...

Is there any reason to believe it wasn't the abusive boyfriend?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rayhartley90
Back