FL FL - Rosemary Day, 27, Jacksonville, 21 May 2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Bumping up for Rosemary!

Let's hope the karma following Ivy and WS will follow us as we search for answers about Rosemary Day! :please:

I will get caught up on her case tomorrow. Such a sweet family she has. Made me think of Rosemary when Ivy's car was found. I know her sister will be thrilled if we bring this case up to the forefront...

Okay, so it looks like JSO waited 22 days to enlist media. She is still missing well over a year later.

Rosemary's page received 1,619 likes in that amount of time...we can change that right?

Was there any mention of the abusive boyfriend's name? Did LE interview him? I wonder if there was a complaint filed concerning an altercation between them.

I am so interested in the abusive boyfriend, too. I have not found a name yet in MSM... so I am going to start hunting again.

Good question regarding filing of complaints. It seems it was pretty well known within Rosemary's circle that this person was a threat to her!

I did see a picture of RD with a young man that might know more information. He also wrote on the wall of the "Find Rosemary" website.

I know we can't post any names that are off limits!

Also... WS certainly CAN change the number of likes to Rosemary's Page!

I found an article from May 20, 2012 with some new information...

http://www.actionnewsjax.com/content/topstories/story/Rosemary-....

Rosemary Day Still Missing One Year Later

May 20, 2012

"Monday will be one year since anyone has seen Rosemary Day's smile. But her parents have not given up hope that they will see it again."

"Rosemary was last seen at a Golden Corral on Blanding Boulevard May 21st.
They reported her missing on Memorial Day. 'We don't know what happened to Rosemary for sure. We just want her to come back,' said her parents."

"Investigators say they do suspect foul play in this case."

I am so interested in the abusive boyfriend, too. I have not found a name yet in MSM... so I am going to start hunting again.

Good question regarding filing of complaints. It seems it was pretty well known within Rosemary's circle that this person was a threat to her!

I did see a picture of RD with a young man that might know more information. He also wrote on the wall of the "Find Rosemary" website.

I know we can't post any names that are off limits!

Also... WS certainly CAN change the number of likes to Rosemary's Page!

I might have more time to devote to this tomorrow. (hubs giving me the stink eye "always on your phone"), so I haven't had much opportunity to read up on more than 2 of your links yet.

Do any of them state what kind of meds she needed? For instance, one can survive without behavioral meds, but maybe not without heart meds.

I might have more time to devote to this tomorrow. (hubs giving me the stink eye "always on your phone"), so I haven't had much opportunity to read up on more than 2 of your links yet.

Do any of them state what kind of meds she needed? For instance, one can survive without behavioral meds, but maybe not without heart meds.

Thanks DecemberSunshine (love your name BTW :smile:) I don't want to get you in trouble with hubby.

But I did find an article that gives name of ex-boyfriend, and per this article it looks like Rosemary was having breakfast with him at the Golden Corral before she went missing.

The Florida Times-Union
Posted Jan. 5, 2012
Updated: Jan 6, 2012

Family Reaches Out with $5000.00 Reward For Clues In Case Of Missing Jacksonville Woman

"Day has been missing since May 22, Rutherford said. The last place she was seen was the Golden Corral restaurant at 582 Blanding Blvd. in Orange Park, where she was meeting an ex-boyfriend for breakfast, her sister Bonnie Pennington said."

"Detectives have talked with James Smith III, the former boyfriend, Rutherford said."

(Sorry... I am not having good luck with links today.)

Wow! While googling Rosemary... I am finding more information.

I still have not found out, in answer to December Sunshine's pertinent question, the type of meds Rosemary was on... but I will keep looking, and if anyone else finds this info. please relay to us on WS.

TIA

However... I did find more information on the ex-boyfriend...

http://first coastnews.com/rss/article/257156/3/Orange-Pa....

FCN - First Coast News

Orange Park Woman Has Been Missing For 1 Year

"According to a message from her sister in the info section on "Help Find Rosemary Day" page, Day was in an abusive relationship and was asked by the family of her abuser to drop the charges.

'I believe that with all my heart if she followed through with the charges and her abuser would be in jail! Her act of kindness backfired on her and all of us,' her sister wrote."

This one is from August 25, 2011 but it speaks of Mr Smith and a stormy relationship.

http://jacksonville.com/news/metro/2011-08-25/story/prayers-fliers-search-jacksonvilles-rosemary-day-continues

This article is a wealth of information!

"What happened to Rosemary Day continues to baffle police and those who knew the unemployed woman who loved cats, the Beatles and reading her Bible."

"Day had long suffered depression she rarely discussed."

"Police have asked for the public's help in the case but decline to say whether they have suspects. James Smith III, the man last seen with Day, told The Times - Union on Wednesday that 'I've already talked to the cops downtown.'"

"Smith, 47, declined to say anything more before closing his front door. Police would not answer a reporter's questions about Smith."

Day's parents filed a missing-person report May 30 after not hearing from their daughter since May 21 and finding her apartment abandoned. Police found her partially packed suitcase, her depression pills and a crack cocaine pipe inside.

Read more at Jacksonville.com: http://jacksonville.com/news/metro/...onvilles-rosemary-day-continues#ixzz26hUlh0QK

Interesting group of items found at Rosemary's abandoned apartment.

I wonder... if she really did indulge in crack cocaine... if she was trying to alleviate her depression through street drugs?

I wonder why the suitcase was not completely packed and taken with Rosemary, (wherever she was intending to go.)

I would imagine most people suffering with depression would be loath to leave their meds behind when traveling or moving.

On another note.. . I have been searching the internet for pictures and/or public records of James Smith III.

I am finding this difficult for the following reasons:

- James and Smith (III) are such common names, that the internet is saturated with people of that name.

- There are so many vehicles to use for looking at public records for Floridians that it is difficult for me to navigate the many various search vehicles.

I searched on FB for Rosemary Day and found one who has UCF (in Orlando) listed as her network; wearing a silver dress.

ETA: https://www.facebook.com/rosemary.day.33 (Mods - please remove if it is not okay to link.)

In her friends list is a JS that lives in Jacksonville. His picture is him holding up a fish.

Insomnia so just lurking about here on WS...

A person with access to her home could easily make it appear she was going to leave, wanted to leave, was 'ending it all' in some way (leaving pills behind as she would no longer need them and signs of drug use), etc. Sadly, I think that whole scene is a set up by a person who saw her that morning and had access to drugs. Imo this does not look good for her. :( I'm glad the cops seem to realize there is foul play even if they can't pin it down on that one person.

I will get caught up on her case tomorrow. Such a sweet family she has. Made me think of Rosemary when Ivy's car was found. I know her sister will be thrilled if we bring this case up to the forefront...
Yay! Camdenres is here! :skip: :great: :skip:

The mods were so accommodating and, in addition to this information and support thread, set up a discussion thread for Rosemary Day yesterday!

Look over there, please!

You would be a TREMENDOUS help as we sleuth this lovely lady, Rosemary!

I have tried to contact the admin. of the Help Find Rosemary Day page to let them know we are working on this case on WS. Maybe you could help get the word out, too?

Blessings!
IHNC

Yay! Camdenres will be joining us on this thread! She was the one that brought Rosemary's case to my attention when we were seeking Ivy!

She should be a wealth of information, being an "insider".

:skip:

You guys, I went to her missing pg and it's gone.

So then I went to this article
http://jacksonville.com/news/metro/...s-search-jacksonvilles-rosemary-day-continues

Almost at the bottom are 2 names that were passing out flyers with the initials JSA and LH easy to find JSA fb pg.

Then on her pg is LH

On his pg is Rosemary's sister initials...T D L

On her pg she states her sister got her wings first...posted Sept 7 of this year

Sadly I think she is gone.

Can't find anything in MSM

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarolAnnWalker112947