FL FL - Royal Palm Beach, WhtFem Skeletal 12UFFL, 20-40, in woods, Dec'87 - Pati Lisa Loguercio Rust

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think the back injury and broken clavicle could actually raise the chances that the UID is Adler. If she was in the car when it crashed (as the result of an accident or someone intentionally causing it), she definitely could have sustained those injuries.

I wondered the same thing, but I don't know enough about forensics to know what makes them say "a back injury OR arthritis", and the wording doesn't specify whether it's known if the bone injuries were new or old.

I'm no more than a lurker at the best of times, but it seems like this should be submitted?

I think the clavicle injury could have occurred during the accident. The arthritis is another issue, but who knows what she told her family about her health? It's still worth submitting, IMO.

Also, I'm sorry you startled that guy (and were embarrassed), but that gave me a good chuckle! : )

I think the back injury and broken clavicle could actually raise the chances that the UID is Adler. If she was in the car when it crashed (as the result of an accident or someone intentionally causing it), she definitely could have sustained those injuries.

While that does make sense, it still does not solve the issue of arthritis.

I got in touch with the detective in charge of the UID's case and sent him the information, including a link to this thread. He replied this morning:

Thank you for the information. I passed it on to the Palm Beach Sheriff’s Office Cold Case Squad and am doing further research on my end too. I will let you know what developes.

Rus

I emailed the detective in charge of the UID's case a few days ago to ask if he's heard anything from Palm Beach County's cold case squad. His reply:

Not yet, they are still working on it, and it involves them and Broward Sheriff’s Office so they are talking to them too

Was really confused as to why they're talking to Broward County's Sheriff's Office since Loxahatchee and Royal Palm Beach are both in Palm Beach County, then I realized that some agencies list Robyn as being missing from Tamarac (which is in Broward).

It's fairly common for missing persons reports to not include everything. Sometimes (as was pointed out) the person filling out the report wasn't aware of the MP's full medical history or didn't think to include it, and sometimes LE withholds information that they can use to rule out or confirm an identification. And sometimes things just don't get transcribed.

There's a new facial reconstruction on this Jane Doe.

attachment.php

http://cbs12.com/news/top-stories/s...odies-recovered-palm-beach-county-13651.shtml

Attachments

• 1987 Loxahatchee Jane Doe.jpg
    1987 Loxahatchee Jane Doe.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 242
I keep thinking about Cindy Smith. NamUS MP#5767

But I'm a newbie so what do I know!

Eta: especially with that new facial reconstruction which has a very modern type look to it. If Cindy were of similar age now as to when she went missing, I feel as though she would look similar. JMO.

Carl and Pinkruby - Do you want me to pass those on to Det. Ruslander? I've been corresponding with him for a few months now and he usually replies pretty quickly; I can send him those two PMs right now if you'd like.

Carl and Pinkruby - Do you want me to pass those on to Det. Ruslander? I've been corresponding with him for a few months now and he usually replies pretty quickly; I can send him those two PMs right now if you'd like.

Yes please do pass on Cindy Smith! Thank you for offering!

I was wondering about the nose as well however it looks as though its contouring, with makeup--usually bronzer is used. It's used to make your nose appear slimmer/smaller (which I guess you may want to do as a woman if it were formerly broken or particularly large). In that newer facial reconstruction she also has contouring used on her cheeks. On the cheeks contouring is used to make it look like you have more defined cheekbones than you actually do. Both are popular makeup techniques.

JMO as a 32 year old female. :)

Oh, I just noticed the UID's DNA status has been set to ''Samples submitted - tests complete''. So keep that in mind!

I also noticed that Robyn Melanie Adler's DNA status has been switched from ''No DNA available'' to ''Initial inquiry underway''. I wonder if they're collecting DNA from her family to test it against the UID? I wouldn't know; I first emailed Ruslander in November and, from what I understand, he hasn't heard much from Broward County (they're apparently in charge of Adler's investigation).

Here's an interesting one:

HEIDI ZAMPELL
Age (22), height (5'2 - 5'3), and weight (125 lbs) are all within range. Race and hair color match. Timing and distance (148 miles) fit.
She looks very similar to the reconstruction. The lips and face shape line up, and she has the same ''crook'' in her nose. And her hair is done in mostly the same way the old reconstruction wore it.

But what gets me is that she's listed as being ''slightly hunchbacked''. The UID had something wrong with her back.

Zampell has no DNA in the system, so no automatic rule-out could be made.

Here's an interesting one:

LAURA ZAMPELL
Age (22), height (5'2 - 5'3), and weight (125 lbs) are all within range. Race and hair color match. Timing and distance (148 miles) fit.
She looks very similar to the reconstruction. The lips and face shape line up, and she has the same ''crook'' in her nose. And her hair is done in mostly the same way the old reconstruction wore it.

But what gets me is that she's listed as being ''slightly hunchbacked''. The UID had something wrong with her back.

Zampell has no DNA in the system, so no automatic rule-out could be made.

Side by side. It's hard to compare because Heidi's head is tilted at an odd angle.

Attachments

• Heidi Zampell and 12UFFL.png
    Heidi Zampell and 12UFFL.png
    72.8 KB · Views: 64

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads