FL - Sarah Boone, 42, charged with murdering boyfriend Jorge Torres, 42, by leaving him locked in suitcase, Winter Park, Feb 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I've always felt "Hide and Seek" was a cop-out for Boone. Just a way to try to explain why she put him in there.
How in the world do you play "hide and seek" when you're the one who hid the person you're supposedly "seeking" or who is to be "seeking" you? In no reality does that make any type of sense.

It's probably been stated on here already; I'm new so havent had a chance to peruse/search..

9/3/24

Judge Kraynick refused to continue the trial, noting that the case had already been pending for four years, six months and four days.
He admonished that Owens was fully aware of the trial dates and deadlines when he stepped into the case, and said that Boone “only has herself to blame” for her previous attorneys’ withdrawals.

Speaking outside of court after the hearing, Owens said that he had unsuccessfully attempted to negotiate a plea deal for Boone, but will move forward with the case despite being unable to secure a continuance. “I’m going to have to have some help,” Owens acknowledged. “I’m trying to assemble a team right now.” Owens also noted that he was not working pro bono on the case, telling the cameras, “Sarah owes me.”

Boone is due back in court for a motions hearing on Sept. 26. Her trial is scheduled to start on Oct. 7.
Sarah "owes" him? What's she going to pay him with? Monopoly money? Is he working on credit? For when her celebrity ship comes in? Media sensation Sarah Boone? She makes so much as a penny off this case, it ought to go straight to the victim's family.

Judge is holding firm to the schedule.

State is holding firm on the charges.

JMO

I'm so glad the judge didn't agree to postpone the trial!

The attorney seems to have a huge plan, saying he wants to bring on two forensic psychologists and a crime scene reconstruction expert. Not sure how he plans to get all that done in the limited time left.

The attorney himself seems fond of rambling, bringing up general complaints, his other responsibilities and commitments, and various details of other cases. The judge's response to one of his rambles: "And?"

The way Sarah was laughing and smiling and smirking before the hearing started made me roll my eyes. She really thought she was about to "win" with her new fancy attorney.

Love that the judge stood firm! Jmo he can always offer a short extension down the road if need arises. Re future appellate possibilities, at least the record is crystal clear on how the pretrial hamster was running and Imo it's gotta count for something. Also Mr Owen knew the situ before he signed on and judge made sure to have that in the record.

Tough decision, but I think judge is saying 'no' to being held hostage to what could maybe be appealable post a conviction .At this point, breaking through Ground Hog Day crazy making and getting the case off the hamster wheel onto a straight path takes precedence I guess. Moo

Sarah ' owes him' ????? Funny way of stating it. Maybe he'll be her 'handler in the way Gypsy Rose Blanchard is making her millions on social media... and her laughing. Lets see her on trial date in October. Glad judge said no continuence

Sarah "owes" him? What's she going to pay him with? Monopoly money? Is he working on credit? For when her celebrity ship comes in? Media sensation Sarah Boone? She makes so much as a penny off this case, it ought to go straight to the victim's family.

Judge is holding firm to the schedule.

State is holding firm on the charges.

JMO
Maybe that she will do a fund set up to receive from "fans from all over the world". And, yes---a book. I agree that ALL profits/proceeds from anything go to the murder victim's family.

From the Docket, it appears that SB has also gone through 3 Judges thus far so I'm not sure how denying the Motion to extend the trial date by 30 days will play out.

While I say good on Judge Kraynick (who wasn't assigned to SB's case until 1/16/24) for holding his ground, I think the previous Judicial Officers made a big mistake by allowing SB's charade to go through 8 defense attorneys, and their error will serve to backfire on Judge Kraynick. I hope I'm wrong. JMO

1/16/2024Pre-Trial Conference - Kraynick, Michael S (Actual: Kraynick, Michael S)9:00 AMRoom 12-A On The 12th Floor

From the Docket, it appears that SB has also gone through 3 Judges thus far so I'm not sure how denying the Motion to extend the trial date by 30 days will play out.

While I say good on Judge Kraynick (who wasn't assigned to SB's case until 1/16/24) for holding his ground, I think the previous Judicial Officers made a big mistake by allowing SB's charade to go through 8 defense attorneys, and their error will serve to backfire on Judge Kraynick. I hope I'm wrong. JMO

1/16/2024Pre-Trial Conference - Kraynick, Michael S (Actual: Kraynick, Michael S)9:00 AMRoom 12-A On The 12th Floor

I suppose this judge may have looked at the record and thought to try and avoid the mistakes of those previous judges. Somewhere, sometime it had to stop. He could still grant a short continuance down the track for 'extraordinary good cause'(or whatever the phrasing was in original no continuance ruling). Perhaps Owen will find such a cause. Judge stands firm now is important imo, means Owen will have to work for a short continuance knowing the judge has boundaries and.is not to be manipulated. Jmo

9/3/24

Judge Kraynick refused to continue the trial, noting that the case had already been pending for four years, six months and four days.
He admonished that Owens was fully aware of the trial dates and deadlines when he stepped into the case, and said that Boone “only has herself to blame” for her previous attorneys’ withdrawals.

Speaking outside of court after the hearing, Owens said that he had unsuccessfully attempted to negotiate a plea deal for Boone, but will move forward with the case despite being unable to secure a continuance. “I’m going to have to have some help,” Owens acknowledged. “I’m trying to assemble a team right now.” Owens also noted that he was not working pro bono on the case, telling the cameras, “Sarah owes me.”

Boone is due back in court for a motions hearing on Sept. 26. Her trial is scheduled to start on Oct. 7.

Yes! Standing ovation for Judge Kraynick for laying down the law! Sarah “has only herself to blame” - truer words were never spoken!

As for Attorney Owens…thoughts and prayers to you sir. If you get her to and through a trial, you may be eligible for sainthood.

If not…given the high number of victims…you and Sarah’s other 9 attorneys may be eligible for compensation in a class action lawsuit against her for pain and suffering from trying to reason with the most unreasonable human on the planet. Too bad Alex Murdaugh is behind bars, this is right up his alley!

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marisa_breanna97
Back