FL - Sarah Boone, 42, charged with murdering boyfriend Jorge Torres, 42, by leaving him locked in suitcase, Winter Park, Feb 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
still trying to get the court to give her legal advice on how to get her handcuffs removed for court. Adamant that her past DV arrest should not be factored into the decision to have the cuffs removed or not.

Dep. Chad Barnett, OSCO testifying now about alternate means of restraint and control that can be used in the courtroom.

There is a device that can be strapped to the defendant's leg, and can be used to shock the defendant if there is misbehavior in the court room. It is called a stun cuff. Levels of stun can be deployed depending on the severity of the behavior or threat posed by defendant.

Sarah doesn't understand why Barnett was presented and placed on the stand? Is this to tell me there is an option?

JUDGE: is your motion only seeking to have freedom of your hands or are you asking to move more freely? I AM SEEKING CLARIFICATION.

SARAH: [goes off on a lengthy question about whether she should be asking the court with more specificity for what she wants]

JUDGE says I cannot give you legal advice. I took your motion (reads her motion aloud) at face value. If you want to clarify what you are asking me for at this time you can.

SARAH: lengthy description about why she was so broad in her motion because she doesn't know the options aside from cuffing, or shackling. Doesn't want to be shackled or hand cuffed. Sarah is stating she would want neither in place during court appearances.

Judge: while it is clear that the ability of a pro se defendant to be free of constraints is not absolute. The courts would agree to allow Defendant to be unshackled, seated at counsel table and to sign consent to wear the shock cuff.

Motion granted, but you will wear a stun cuff.

judge clarifies, during hearings she will not be handcuffed but will be shackled. Because there will be no jury to see her in those hearings.

for trial she may be stun cuffed with no other restraints in place.

judge asks if there is anything else. of course there is :rolleyes: questions about entries protocol for the laptop, they aren't going to be looking at what I am looking at and making notations about that? Judge no, they will note when you are given the laptop and when it is returned to them.

Sarah B repeated several times that she didn't have time to examine the documents. Sounds like a priority thing to me. You do what you have to or need to do, and especially if your life is on the line. I believe she can't process the amount of information provided her. I don't mean she can't understand it (that may be the case), but that it is just too much to take in. Can't live in denial and take all that evidence in.

judge asks if there is anything else. of course there is :rolleyes: questions about entries protocol for the laptop, they aren't going to be looking at what I am looking at and making notations about that? Judge no, they will note when you are given the laptop and when it is returned to them.
I had to laugh when Judge asked her that (is there anything else?). With SB there is always something else!

Sarah B repeated several times that she didn't have time to examine the documents. Sounds like a priority thing to me. You do what you have to or need to do, and especially if your life is on the line. I believe she can't process the amount of information provided her. I don't mean she can't understand it (that may be the case), but that it is just too much to take in. Can't live in denial and take all that evidence in.
perhaps she would have been better served spending the time she devoted to her creative art project, the flyer/advert for loyal, creative, LISTENING, attorney, on diving into her discovery ;)

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
subzero55
Back