FL - Sarah Boone, 42, charged with murdering boyfriend Jorge Torres, 42, by leaving him locked in suitcase, Winter Park, Feb 2020

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Interesting...

"A woman reportedly employed by the Letcher County Sheriff’s Office also gave her phone to investigators to be examined. Stamper testified that she was one of Stines’ employees and believed she’d received text messages from Stines that detailed what occurred at lunch and ultimately led to the shooting."

I’m lost- related to S.FL suitcase case?

‘HAS’ to testify?

Is that just banter, venting?
The only way to counter the interviews/interrogations is for SB to take the stand.

Her only chance IMO is if she comes across as a sympathetic character somehow.

Sadly (for truth) her courtroom antics and jailhouse theatrics will never reach the jury.

Will her "it wasn't intentional" sway the jury?

She's on trial of course for murder, but in many ways, she's really on trial for that video.

What will the jury do with it?

JMO/JM?s

The only way to counter the interviews/interrogations is for SB to take the stand.

Her only chance IMO is if she comes across as a sympathetic character somehow.

Sadly (for truth) her courtroom antics and jailhouse theatrics will never reach the jury.

Will her "it wasn't intentional" sway the jury?

She's on trial of course for murder, but in many ways, she's really on trial for that video.

What will the jury do with it?

JMO/JM?s
I think the jury will be just as appalled as we were. That is disgusting evidence of SB's intentions, IMO. I don't believe her entire repertoire will fly with them. I see no sympathy being given for her situation.

She is probably wishing she could speak with Lori Vallow to see how she was able to get all that makeup on her face in court.

It was layered so thick that she may have needed a backhoe to remove it. SB doesn’t have enough long hair for a daily-do like Lori’s.

She probably sees herself more like Amber Heard in the AH v JD trail. Remember how AH came with a different hair style every day and used it to great effect for emoting. Perhaps planning on a hair piece or full wig even for her grand performance.

Once the jury sees that video, it's over for SB. How convenient of her to supply the damning evidence! This trial will take under a week and deliberations under an hour. MOO.

Imagine if there'd been no videos...

It'd just be SB saying she had no idea who put JT in a suitcase or how he died, she may even have alleged intruders came and did it or some other false allegation

Once the jury sees that video, it's over for SB. How convenient of her to supply the damning evidence! This trial will take under a week and deliberations under an hour. MOO.
Yes the video is shock to say the least. Also there is added information about Torres:

"Investigators say Torres was also found with multiple injuries from the night of February 24 including scratch marks on his back, bruises on his forehead and injuries to his left shoulder."

THIS is going to be really bad for SB.

Min sentence is 16.75 years in FL for murder-2. She already served 4.5, so not too bad if she gets the min. IMO

"Are you trying to make it worse?" :oops:

"That was not my intent." #SarahBoone tells detectives "I miss [Jorge Torres] a lot" and that it's "punishment enough" she has to live with her boyfriend being left to die in a suitcase.
#CourtTV WATCH LIVE - #SuitcaseMurderTrial begins October 7!
My favorite part of that whole ridiculous interview! Just watch that detective's face. You can see everything! First, he hears her say something totally selfish and tone-deaf, and you can see his eyebrows barely go up, and he mulls it over, looking down with his steepled fingers, thinking what to say back to that to try to get her to see how self-serving her comment was, but he takes his TIIIIIIIME, before he eventually says the perfect thing. (Reminds her she's not the only one who will now have to go on w/out Jorge, since he had little daughters who loved him.) That should've put her in her place, but all she does is take a moment to digest that, and you see her eyebrows furrow as she realizes she does not like that, then looks at him all indignantly, and says, "Are you trying to make it worse???"

And then, bless him, he just says, "make what worse?" and never unsteeples his fingers, loved that. Reminded me of my dad, all that part.

Overall though, I really didn't feel like that interview was very useful to them. OK, yes, it was useful as evidence against her, which is what they're there for, I know, but there were questions I felt they could've asked or followed up on to get a deeper understanding of what happened, what was in her mind, then and now, as well as to get her to understand the reality of what she did. AND to admit her responsibility! It was all really unfathomable, she knows they know exactly what happened to him and her role in it, but she still sits there so entitled-acting and expecting them to at times respect, other times pity, sometimes even ADMIRE her!

What was it she told them about excelling in everything she does?? Why would she even say that ever, but especially at this moment? I think she was likely an award-winning, straight A, teacher's pet-type student who always set the curve and could do no wrong, who graduated and became a lackluster, slacker-type, unimpressive, alcoholic adult w/no motivation and no accomplishments to show since she left school. But she still sees herself as she was as a student and ignores/denies/justifies her failure as an adult, so she still acts like she's better than everyone else, esp. smarter, when everyone else can see that her smarts aren't doing her a darn bit of good. IMO, they're probably making her worse! OMG, she would be so annoying to have to be around. She is not the type to find much sympathy with any jury, I expect.

OMO

My favorite part of that whole ridiculous interview! Just watch that detective's face. You can see everything! First, he hears her say something totally selfish and tone-deaf, and you can see his eyebrows barely go up, and he mulls it over, looking down with his steepled fingers, thinking what to say back to that to try to get her to see how self-serving her comment was, but he takes his TIIIIIIIME, before he eventually says the perfect thing. (Reminds her she's not the only one who will now have to go on w/out Jorge, since he had little daughters who loved him.) That should've put her in her place, but all she does is take a moment to digest that, and you see her eyebrows furrow as she realizes she does not like that, then looks at him all indignantly, and says, "Are you trying to make it worse???"

And then, bless him, he just says, "make what worse?" and never unsteeples his fingers, loved that. Reminded me of my dad, all that part.

Overall though, I really didn't feel like that interview was very useful to them. OK, yes, it was useful as evidence against her, which is what they're there for, I know, but there were questions I felt they could've asked or followed up on to get a deeper understanding of what happened, what was in her mind, then and now, as well as to get her to understand the reality of what she did. AND to admit her responsibility! It was all really unfathomable, she knows they know exactly what happened to him and her role in it, but she still sits there so entitled-acting and expecting them to at times respect, other times pity, sometimes even ADMIRE her!

What was it she told them about excelling in everything she does?? Why would she even say that ever, but especially at this moment? I think she was likely an award-winning, straight A, teacher's pet-type student who always set the curve and could do no wrong, who graduated and became a lackluster, slacker-type, unimpressive, alcoholic adult w/no motivation and no accomplishments to show since she left school. But she still sees herself as she was as a student and ignores/denies/justifies her failure as an adult, so she still acts like she's better than everyone else, esp. smarter, when everyone else can see that her smarts aren't doing her a darn bit of good. IMO, they're probably making her worse! OMG, she would be so annoying to have to be around. She is not the type to find much sympathy with any jury, I expect.

OMO
Well stated @sunspun ….. and can’t disagree at all!

The part that is upsetting IMO is there seems to be the continued …. well…. this defendant….. as an alcoholic….

For anyone that has dealt with friends or family or even their own addiction and recovery, attempts by SB or her counsel to play that card in light of this case fall flat IMO. It is infuriating and a ridiculous excuse. IMO it is not a reason for the predicament that SB finds herself in now.

And on balance SB’s behavior, conduct, and reaction during that interview tell me all I need to know about the defendant. And it isn’t good in my estimation. IMO it is difficult to have any sympathy for her. Instead it all belongs with her now deceased partner JT and the cruel fate he met at her hand and by her actions and inactions. MOO

"Are you trying to make it worse?" :oops:

"That was not my intent." #SarahBoone tells detectives "I miss [Jorge Torres] a lot" and that it's "punishment enough" she has to live with her boyfriend being left to die in a suitcase.
#CourtTV WATCH LIVE - #SuitcaseMurderTrial begins October 7!

I just cannot understand how Owens is going to spin this. Sarah said multiple times in the 2 hour interview, to LE on scene, etc. that this was all an accident and it was not her intent. It's all recorded. Yet Owens said in open court that they will be arguing it was self defense and not accidental!

I just cannot understand how Owens is going to spin this. Sarah said multiple times in the 2 hour interview, to LE on scene, etc. that this was all an accident and it was not her intent. It's all recorded. Yet Owens said in open court that they will be arguing it was self defense and not accidental!

Self defense would be to jump in the car and call 911 to let them get him out of the suitcase.

But she didn’t want anyone to rescue him. She was angry and she was going to make him suffer.

2. Owens filed the defense witness list. It's not viewable to the public, but the state then filed a response and includes some of the detail from it. Their response says: "The Defendant, in her Third Amended Witness List, has listed the following “people” as witnesses: a. Custodian of Records, Orange County Office of the State Attorney, b. Domestic Violence supervisor for the Office of the State Attorney, 9th Judicial Circuit, Orange County, c. Victim Advocate supervisor for the Office of the State Attorney, 9th Judicial Circuit, Orange County, d. Misdemeanor Supervisor for the Office of the State Attorney, 9th Judicial Circuit, Orange County."

The state lists lots of case law and citations why the above people, as employees of the state attorney's office, are protected by law and "anything these witnesses could say about the Defendant and the decedent would be protected by the work product privilege." The state says: "If the Defendant wants public records from the State Attorney’s Office, she should do whatever everyone else has to do—file a public records request... The State is at a loss for what non-privileged testimony any of the “people” listed above could provide in this case. Therefore, the State is requesting the Court to enter a protective order to prevent any employee of the State Attorney’s Office from being a witness in this case."

Replying to myself to follow up on this. The state had requested the court prevent employees of the State Attorney's office from testifying after the defense said they were going to subpoena them as witnesses. The judged filed an order on this yesterday and agreed with the state! The defense cannot have staff from the State Attorney's office testify during the trial. Orange County Clerk of Courts Records Search

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LinLu
Back