GUILTY FL - Savannah Gold, 21, Jacksonville, 2 Aug 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I hope they can just wait formhim at the gate to serve this. Unacceptable to think the police can’t gain access to serve a warrant. If only Savannah had been allowed that protection in life.

Oopsie! I meant to say it was a subpoena for the defense to do a deposition) not a warrant. Apparently between my brain and my fingers I have a problem LOL. But yes, how to avoid a subpoena 101, live in a gated community.

Last edited:
The Kelsey Berreth case has made me consider if the third part of this triangle was more involved like KKL was with PF afterwards.

Burning at the burn pit at LR's house, and her being with LR that night if I recall correctly, makes me go h m m m m.

I'm going to have to go back and review, but that's what I recall at this moment.. that she was with him supposedly watching a movie or something?

Oh well, back to other threads.

Burning at the burn pit at LR's house, and her being with LR that night if I recall correctly, makes me go h m m m m.

I'm going to have to go back and review, but that's what I recall at this moment.. that she was with him supposedly watching a movie or something?

Oh well, back to other threads.
Jumping off this...
Since the video shows movement in the backseat, I wonder if someone was back there and strangled her. Maybe he’ll say he confessed for someone?
I’m going off of descriptions of the video from this thread. I wonder if we’ll ever get to see it.
I wish this would go to trial. I’m worried her mom won’t see the justice she deserves.

Jumping off this...
Since the video shows movement in the backseat, I wonder if someone was back there and strangled her. Maybe he’ll say he confessed for someone?
I’m going off of descriptions of the video from this thread. I wonder if we’ll ever get to see it.
I wish this would go to trial. I’m worried her mom won’t see the justice she deserves.

Yes, someone was back there. That has already been verified that HE, Lee Rodarte, was in the back seat.

He stated that iirc in his interview.

The trial may still be delayed again because the two people who they did not serve their subpoena for deposition on, a neighbor, and his roommate, have not been reissued that I have seen yet.

And earlier this month there was a notice asking for a key to the slides for histological examination on the 7th of March ( screenshot below)

This was after defense apparently got the histological slides recut as was noted above?

I wonder what the defense strategy is going to be because they seem to be interested in the histological slides of the lungs. I would think they have two options, one was the defense says she was strangled, the other one says she was burned alive. Or perhaps they're going to go with she did not die when she was strangled, she did not die when she was burned. But she died when she was in the water and thrown into the pond ?

Pick one? Any of the options are sickening, and I don't care if they disagree with the prosecution, any of those three he is guilty. Perhaps they are looking for a Casey Anthony jury from Pinellas County?

CORE - Clerk Online Resource ePortal

ETA, personally, I do not want to have this go to trial. I want him to plead as soon as possible and her mother can do a victim statement.

ETA #2- her hyoid bone was broken, iirc, that says it all to me. She was strangled to death, and to this day I don't understand why they did not say that was the cause of death. But I guess they could not because she was burned and put in water afterwards.

Sick b@$t@rd

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190314-213821_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
    Screenshot_20190314-213821_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Order by judge.. 3/15, in response to the defendants request on 3/7

MOTION FOR ORDER DIRECTING THE MEDICAL EXAMINER'S OFFICE TO PROVIDE A COPY OF THE KEY OF SLIDES OR SECTION KEY MATCHING HISTOLOGICAL SLIDES

It appears they are still moving forward with their expert trying to see the histological slides of the lungs.

She was either choked to death (which I believe) burned to death (burn pit documented ,that night in the backyard) or was thrown in the water at the end and died ( doubtful, after being strangled and burned).

And her hyoid was broken, which is the number one signal for strangulation death, so I still think she was strangled in the car.

So what is the defense expert going to say with these histological slides?.

On top of that, I still am not seeing two (unserved) resubmissions of subpoenas of two of the key Witnesses. The neighbor, and his roommate.

Can the defense delay and delay and delay because the subpoenas are not served on two key Witnesses?

I wish @gitana1 could give input on how long a trial can be delayed if they cannot serve defense deposition subpoenas on two of the key Witnesses for the prosecution.

They have already had two ..or three..delays? How many delays can they have for such? The defense has had two months or more to resubmit subpoenas and I don't see that being done .

Last edited:
I did not know that they could do this, but the defense has served the State's Attorney's office for two of the people they could not serve the warrants on. They served the warrant on them in care of the state's attorney office. AB ( roommate at the time on Halifax) and RK (ME office) have been subpoenaed through the SAO to give depositions on April 16th.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190326-152409_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
    Screenshot_20190326-152409_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
    174.8 KB · Views: 11
  • Screenshot_20190326-152227_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
    Screenshot_20190326-152227_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
    169.5 KB · Views: 11
Wednesday, April 3rd:
*Pretrial Status Hearing (@ 9am ET) - FL - Savannah Page Gold (21) (Aug. 2, 2017, Jacksonville) - *Lee Rodarte, Jr. (28) arrested & charged (8/6/17) & indicted (8/29/17) with 2nd degree murder with weapon & tampering with evidence; confessed, but plead not guilty. Bond was at $500K, but on 1/31/18 ordered to be held with no bond. Remains in Duval County jail without bond.
10/30/17: waived right to speedy trial. Final pretrial hearing 10/23, jury selection 10/29/18 have been struck. New trial date for October, no date set. 7/3/18: Defense files Motion for Continuance, granted. Strike dates 10/23 & 10/29. Moved to October, with no set date. Next pretrial hearing 8/29/18. 8/29/18: Pretrial cancelled re-scheduled for 8/30. 8/30/18: Next Pretrial hearing on 9/27, Final pretrial on 2/19/19 & jury selection starts on 2/25/19. 9/27/18: Next Pretrial hearing on 11/8, final pretrial & trial date on target.
11/8/18 Update: Next Pretrial hearing on 1/15/19. Others dates still a go. 1/15/19: Added Pretrial hearing on 2/5. 1/18/18: Disposition hearing on 1/29. 2/5/19: Motion for continuance granted. Strike dates 2/19 & 2/25/19. Next Pretrial hearing on 4/3. Final pretrial hearing on 5/23, trial will now start 6/3/19.
3/15/19 Update: 3/15/19 Defense's motion for order directing the ME's office to provide a copy of the key f slides or section key matching histological slides.

Hearing:

4/3/2019 9:00 AM PRETRIAL 3rd Floor 305

5/21/2019 9:00 AM FINAL PRETRIAL 3rd Floor 305

Docket:
4/3/2019
4/3/2019 JUDGE AHO, MARIANNE

4/3/2019 ASST. STATE ATTY. MAKAROWSKI, CHYNA-MICHELE

4/3/2019 ATTY. FOR DEF. YOUNG, SANDRA KAYE

4/3/2019 DEFENDANT PRESENT IN JAIL

4/3/2019 FINAL PRETRIAL 05/21/2019 9:00 AM - 305 3RD FLOOR, 501 W ADAMS ST JACKSONVILLE FL 32202

4/3/2019 06/03/19 JURY SELECTION

link: CORE - Clerk Online Resource ePortal

for some reason I had 5/23 as next hearing - I see it's 5/21.

@Niner

On the 15th last week, they slid in a last-minute extra pre-trial hearing and The final pretrial was canceled for tomorrow. The next pretrial will be on June 3rd. The dates for the final pre-trial and jury selection have been changed and are:

08/22/19 FPT; 08/26/19 JS

Also, the charges were on 15th amended.

They originally were 1) murder, and 2) tampering with or fabricating evidence.

They are now 1) murder in the second degree 2) tampering with evidence 3) abuse of a dead body.

Also on the 16th, there was a two-page disclosure to the prosecution which is not available yet, and should be available to read in a few days and I'll update then again.

Not guilty has been entered as a plea for all three of them.

Considering the 11th Hour of changing the charges, and dropping it from murder to second-degree, Could we be moving toward a plea agreement? Or does the prosecution merely Base it upon they could not prove first-degree, and it is therefore second-degree and they added charge

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190520-094848_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190520-094848_Chrome.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
One of the latest submissions to the court is showing who the defense is listing as their witnesses. It is a two-page list.

It appears that the list contains the law enforcement folks that we have listed before, her mother, her brother who worked at this business also that evening, The Neighbors on Club duclay and also folks on Halifax where his old house was, and her body was found...and "CNS" ( the triangle girlfriend that work there at the time)

They are still looking for his old roommate? At the address where the body was burned allegedly?

I don't see any of his family members on the list, nor do I see anybody else from the business on such list.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190521-150947_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
    Screenshot_20190521-150947_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Monday, June 3rd:
*Pretrial Hearing (@ 9am ET) - FL - Savannah Page Gold (21) (Aug. 2, 2017, Jacksonville) - *Lee Rodarte, Jr. (28) arrested (8/6/17), indicted (8/25/17) & charged (5/15/19) with 2nd degree murder with weapon, tampering with evidence & abuse of a human body; confessed, but plead not guilty. Bond was at $500K, but on 1/31/18 ordered to be held with no bond. Remains in Duval County jail without bond.
7/3/18 Update: Defense files Motion for Continuance, granted. Strike dates 10/23 & 10/29. Moved to October, with no set date. Next pretrial hearing on 8/29/18. 8/29/18: Pretrial cancelled re-scheduled for 8/30. Had pretrial hearings on 11/8 & 1/15/19.
8/30/18 Update: Final pretrial on 2/19/19 & jury selection on 2/25/19. 2/5/19: Motion for continuance granted. Strike dates 2/19 & 2/25/19. Next Pretrial hearing on 4/3. Final pretrial hearing on 5/21, trial will now start 6/3/19 with jury selection.
5/15/19 Update: Amended charges from 1st degree murder & tampering w/evidence to above charges. Motion for continuance-granted. Plead not guilty to all charges. Final pretrial hearing for 5/21 is cancelled & moved to 8/22. Trial now set for 8/26. Pretrial hearing added for 6/3.

One of the subpoenas has been returned as far as the person has moved. The " triangle girlfriend ", CS, was not able to be served for the trial.

Within the search warrant returned, it says her father says she has moved to Atlanta one year ago.

Yup...

Sitting on hands, sitting on hands...

Following another trial where a key witness moved out of state.

SMDH, SMDH.

I learned so much about cases from following those in Florida where we learn why cases are delayed. They were not able to serve three subpoenas for the trial so far, but this one is significant.

(e.g. Maleah case, brother left the state)

So, we have two key witnesses that cannot be located. The roommate that he lived with when the burning was done * allegedly* in his backyard fire pit, and the triangle girlfriend that he was with the night of the murder * supposedly watching a movie*?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190607-194126_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
    Screenshot_20190607-194126_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
    152.4 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
That is a bit infuriating to me - why should her mother have to go testify in this case? Would it be related to the text messages they initially received?

That would be my assumption. Her mother did not think that it was her texting at the time if I recall correctly.

ETA

21-year-old woman allegedly disappears amidst strange circumstances

Around 6:30 p.m Wednesday, according to the missing person's report, Gold's father received a text reading, "hey i just [w]anted to tell you and mom i met a really great guy and we[']re running away together i love him and we[']re leaving to[n]ight i[']ll call you later when we get t[o] where we are g[oi]ng."

Gold's mother said she texted and called her daughter's phone several times with no response.

Gold's brother, who was not named in the report, said he received a text at 6:11 p.m. stating, "heyi quit im leavingwith my boyfriend i cant do this *advertiser censored* anymore im fine justwant to get away.", according to the police report.

He said this was very out of character and doesn't know who the boyfriend would be. He also said the text was written in a way that is not indicative of the way Gold normally texts.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velvetshadow
Back