FL - Shawn Wuertley for rape, attempted murder, Panama City Beach, 2008

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
YW. Some of these cases just blow you away. Every time I think we've reached a new level of brazen disregard for humanity....the ante gets upped. Seriously, I'm beginning to wonder what the heck is going on in people's brains....is it too much MTV or reality tv or what?? This one left me speechless. I'm so glad this girl survived. I hope she recovers completely and then she should think about contacting Beth Holloway or someone (after her lawsuit against this hotel) and get her story out to teens. Sheesh.

I've gone ahead and written a blog post about this, because it's really bugged me:

"Accused Rapist Shawn Wuertley: Background Check, Anyone?"

No new info in it as far as anyone posting here is concerned, but I've expressed the question we're probably asking the most. How the did this animal get a job as a security guard in the first place???

I've gone ahead and written a blog post about this, because it's really bugged me:

No new info in it as far as anyone posting here is concerned, but I've expressed the question we're probably asking the most. How the did this animal get a job as a security guard in the first place???

Is it the new economy where hiring the cheapest labor around is what management wants? Foregoing background checks because they don't have to spend much? Clearly this is a criminal but the management of that hotel bears some responsibility for not being responsible to their guests.

Considering all I did was google his full name of Shawn Ray Wuertley, and find out he's got a parole violation ya'd think maybe someone would have checked. Steve, that's a good Blog. There was a security guard in a supermarket chain in our area who raped a young girl at work. Of course he had a record. I'm not sure what the law allows where and how, but I worked with a security guard who was extremely helpful to young girls and came out he had a record once he got arrested. Of course, of course this is not the majority, but I don't trust anybody no matter what. I don't trust the hotel, I don't trust the supermarket chain. Horrible way to live, but better ahead of the game than hurt or dead.

Yikes! I just got some pamphlets in the mail from this place the other day! :eek:

We had already decided not to go to FL before I heard this though. Gas is too high!

Yikes! I just got some pamphlets in the mail from this place the other day! :eek:

We had already decided not to go to FL before I heard this though. Gas is too high!

Ain't it though?

And I'd be happy to be back home right now, myself (I'm from Nashville but live in the Atlanta area now :)).

Steve

Three police officers in Panama Beach were giving verbal reprimands in regards to missing Wuertley's warrant. Hotel manager is declining comment.http://www.newsherald.com/headlines/article.display.php?id=1148

Well, that makes it all better then. :mad: Verbal reprimands? Call me stupid, but I think when something like this happens, a verbal reprimand just doesn't cut it. Then again, I thought that security guards would at least have a cursory background check done before employment. Silly me.

Well, that makes it all better then. :mad: Verbal reprimands? Call me stupid, but I think when something like this happens, a verbal reprimand just doesn't cut it. Then again, I thought that security guards would at least have a cursory background check done before employment. Silly me.

Honestly, I hope this young woman and her family sue that place into bankruptcy. A man in that position should have been one of the most thoroughly vetted employees in the place. It's utterly inexcusable that he had the job in the first place.

Let's see: A verbal indication of less-than-optimal performance (translated to "It's OK, you're one of us at PCPD and there are no real conequences to our actions) versus being sexually assaulted and thrown off a six story building to die. Now that's a fair tradeoff.

C6

Right? Well, maybe they're waiting to fire someone's hinney. This link says Major Humphrey's is now looking into why his "department" made such a mistake. Maybe the public outcry and outrage set in on the good Major.http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,339509,00.html

Verdict is guilty. He was immediately sentenced to 30 years, of which he must serve 85% of the sentence.

www.wjhg.com/home/headlines/41244392.html

At the trial she was forced to testify, and it was offensive. The defense tried to play her off as a college kid, drinking and having consensual sex. It was repulsive.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties
Back