FL FL - Sheena Morris, 22, Bradenton Beach, 31 Dec 2009

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I've been reading the evidence in this case. People blame her boyfriend. The police report states there is sand on her feet and cuffs and sand in the shower. Nothing suspicious.
The police have cellphone pings and text messages that occured between Sheena Morris and her boyfriend that puts him far from the "scene". He went home and she stayed.
Her friends say she is emotional and prone to suicide attempts.
Why is this a mystery? It's suicide from what I can tell.
The police have this one right.

I've been reading the evidence in this case. People blame her boyfriend. The police report states there is sand on her feet and cuffs and sand in the shower. Nothing suspicious.
The police have cellphone pings and text messages that occured between Sheena Morris and her boyfriend that puts him far from the "scene". He went home and she stayed.
Her friends say she is emotional and prone to suicide attempts.
Why is this a mystery? It's suicide from what I can tell.
The police have this one right.

Looks that way to me too.

Do you happen to know where I can view the "ping analysis" her mother claims is not consistent with LE findings?

The 20/20 episode was finally aired, and it can be seen on Youtube.

The latest news I have on this case is from 2015. The Archangels of Justice managed to get the Florida State law enforcement panel to recommend that the case be re-investigated. Now, it's up to the Bradenton Beach Police Dept. to decide whether or not to investigate again.

For those interested. This case has been given the final say by FDLE and been deemed a suicide. However, there are still experts in disagreement with this ruling. The Arch Angels of Justice give a concise summary and illustrate some reasons (in my opinion) for the ruling; citing the botched procedures of the domestic disturbance response several hours before the death takes place.
You have one chance to investigate a crime scene and looking into a shower stall to see a hanging woman and saying, "Suicide," is not the best way to do that.
I would hope my mother would fight the same way for me.

Link Summary of case Arch Angels of Justice - [video=youtube;Y3B9DUVN-XU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3B9DUVN-XU[/video]

As law enforcement officers across the country study the 2009 Sheena Morris case as a ‘staged crime scene,’ officials are hesitant to reopen case

BRADENTON BEACH — New evidence has emerged that may prove Sheena Morris did not hang herself in a Bradenton Beach hotel room on New Year’s Day 2009, according to national forensic experts.

Marks caused by the pooling of blood after death — known as lividity — indicate that Morris was seated in a wicker chair at some point after her death, and thus refute the suicide conclusions of multiple investigations conducted by Bradenton Beach Police, the Florida Department of Law Enforcement and an assistant state attorney, says Jan Johnson, a certified senior crime scene analyst who has four decades of local, state and federal crime scene experience.

Johnson, who has worked for the Escambia County Sheriff’s Office, FDLE and the FBI, has studied the Morris case at the family’s request for years. Johnson founded Forensic Pieces in 2000 — a private firm that provides specialized forensic expertise in civil and criminal cases. She also offers advanced crime scene training to law enforcement officers throughout the county on topics such as shooting reconstruction, advanced crime scene investigations, advanced bloodstain pattern analysis, crime scene photography and “staged crime scene” investigations.

In her “staged crime scene” classes, Johnson highlights the Morris case using a PowerPoint presentation that features photographs taken by investigators from the District 12 Medical Examiner Office. The photos were taken inside the hotel room where Morris was found hanging in a shower stall from a dog leash, as her body was lifted onto a bed, wrapped in a sheet and then placed in a body bag.
Experts: New evidence in Sheena Morris Bradenton Beach death disproves suicide

For more than a decade, Kelly Osborn has fought to prove her daughter did not take her own life. Osborn said she has always believed Morris’ fiancé at the time, Joe Genoese, killed her daughter.

A team of experts at Forensic Pieces analyzed one photo in particular, that was taken minutes after Morris was discovered dead. Forensic expert, Jan Johnson told ABC Action News reporter Michael Paluska the lividity marks on Morris’ body prove that her death was a staged suicide.

Lividity is blood going where gravity tells it to post mortem. Experts said the marks show an inverted triangle mark on her lower back.
Suicide or murder? Forensic experts uncover new clues in 2009 New Year’s Day death

Published Jan 22, 2020.

Sheena Morris death case turned over to Florida Attorney General

Snips:
State Attorney Ed Brodsky is handing over the Sheena Morris case to the Florida Attorney General’s Office of Statewide Prosecution — 11 years and 22 days after she was found hanging in the shower stall of a Bradenton Beach hotel.

This will be the fifth investigation into her death.

In a written statement sent Wednesday morning, Brodsky cites a 2018 letter from several forensic experts that describes lividity marks — caused by the pooling of blood after death — new evidence that the Herald-Tribune revealed last August. The marks indicate Morris was seated in a wicker chair at some point after her death and, therefore, could not have killed herself.

Published January 22, 2020 - Updated January 27
Video at link.

More than 11 years after she was found hanging in Bradenton Beach resort room, investigation continues into Sheena Morris’ death

Snips:

“The most recent are the lividity marks that are basically in Sheena’s buttocks and back," said Osborn. "I don’t think it takes any sort of expert to look at those photos and understand that Sheena died in that chair, was there for several hours and was then placed in the shower.”

Osborn also says a 911 call shows that there was a dispute between Morris and her ex-boyfriend. She believes he’s the one responsible for her death.

State Attorney Ed Brodsky, who has been taking a close look at this case, says the Florida Attorney General’s Office of Statewide Prosecution has agreed to review this case.

Published Jan. 29, 2020

11 Years Later, Florida Attorney General to Investigate Sheena Morris Death

Snips
Since Morris’ death, both local and state agencies have looked into the case. Osborn says each time she felt it was one agency covering up for another.

Osborn has since hired private forensic investigators who believe that her daughter’s death was murder. Osborn says while reviewing crime scene photos, they discovered lividity marks on Morris’ backside that were the result of sitting on a hotel room chair after her death.

Justice 4 Sheena Facebook post 1/4/2021

Justice 4 Sheena

12 years ago today, January 4th 2009 just a few days after Sheena’s death, the medical Examiner won’t allow us to identify Sheena because they don’t have a viewing facility. They bring her to a funeral home for us to see her after the so-called autopsy. The only thing we can see is her face, Sheena’s mother exclaimed “oh my gosh there’s a bruise on the bridge of her nose!” The woman at the funeral home says “it’s probably from the autopsy “ . We all know, dead bodies don’t bruise after they are dead.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChampagneGrams
Back