MISTRIAL FL - Six Bodies found in Deltona mass murder, Aug 2004 *guilty* *mistrial 2023*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Those are some ugly scary sickos. I do believe drugs were involved in this somehow. I cannot imagine why they would target the girl so fiercely when they were the ones trespassing?? They must have known her somehow before this incident.
It does scare me how often this happens. I am very suspicious of some neighbors of ours. I suspect drugs of some kind are involved, the police are over there quite often. Other things go on that make us wonder how safe this neighborhood really is, and this is a quiet suburb with very nice homes.
One just never knows anymore.

IdahoMom said:
Thanks Eye. He was a very cute kid. What a waste! :(

He was a nice kid. My oldest son attended HS with Jonathan Gleason. They were not friends but they did share an interest in music.

The house where they arrested the ringleader is less than a mile from my house. This is all too close to home for me, my husband and I actually discussed selling our home but it's a goldmine and we want to hold on a few more years.

You know, people smirk at me when I check to see what kind of sickos are living in my neighborhood. FDLE has the sex offenders online and you can pull up a list by addresses. This county does not keep a list of convicted felons online, I don't know why because they did where I used to live. I would have liked to know someone like Troy Victorino was living in my neighborhood. I've seen that guy at the little bodega up the street buying beer!

ETA: The local LE in this town have a very "good ol' boy" mentality. They were parked in front of my house for four hours a few weeks ago because the people next door were having a huge fight. I like how they park in front of MY house...anyway, they had three patrol cars and a motorcycle here for four hours settling a domestic dispute. No one had a gun, no one was hitting anyone. He called to have her taken out of the house and the City of Deltona sent FOUR of it's finest to handle the matter. Made me wonder who the hell was watching the rest of this town, we have a population of 70K but it's still a small town, just spread out a bit.

Also this past weekend a man robbed the local Winn Dixie at gunpoint and pistol whipped the employee and two vendors who were in the store, threatening to kill them all.

Thanks for sharing, Gatormom. I understand perfectly about wanting to know what's going on around you-that's very prudent of you.
I am a Realtor, and it might be best if you let some time pass and allow memories of this incident to fade a bit before selling.
At least you know now that 4 SICK GOONS from your community are now in police custody and no longer roaming the streets. Now, if they could just get the death penalty!

IdahoMom said:
Thanks for sharing, Gatormom. I understand perfectly about wanting to know what's going on around you-that's very prudent of you.
I am a Realtor, and it might be best if you let some time pass and allow memories of this incident to fade a bit before selling.
At least you know now that 4 SICK GOONS from your community are now in police custody and no longer roaming the streets. Now, if they could just get the death penalty!

IF? This is Florida, they'll all get the needle. Age will not be a factor.

Thank you for the real estate advice, I will mention it to Mr. Gatormom.

Michele Nathan's Mom was interviewed this morning at the Courthouse in Daytona where the 4 thugs were arraigned. She stated that she hoped they would get the DP and wanted them to die. She said her other daughter, "Amber" was now staying with her (wouldn't leave her side) and recognized one of the murderers as a classmate from the school she had attended last year. Amber didn't "know" him but recognized him. He was one of the 3 teens that Victorino hired to help him perpetuate this murderous slaughter.

I don't know the outcome of this morning's hearing as yet. Anyone else hear anything?

I agree, GatorMom .. this is Florida and they surely will get a DP trial. There's no fooling around down here ....

Rum Tum

As expected ....

The 4 thugs were arraigned this morning in Daytona.

All were charged with 6 counts of 1st degree murder and burglary.

All were appointed public defenders by the state.

All were denied bail.

Rum Tum

They also need to be charged for killing the dog, too.... animal cruelty.
:furious: :mad: :furious: :mad: :furious: :mad: :furious: :mad: :furious:

The latest news ...

Florida's lame-brained Dept. of Corrections has done it again. Bureaucratic ERRORS ~ Typical in our state, unfortunately.

The deaths of the 6 innocent people (and a little doxie dog) slaughtered by Victorino & his band of thugs could have been avoided altogether if the Dept. of Corrections had been doing their job. They didn't.

Troy Victorino, the 28 yr. old ringleader, who as we know had a long history of violence ..
also had a violation of his probation and was released from jail PREMATURELY. He was still supposed to be in jail when the mass murder took place.

Victorino reported to the probation officer on Thursday, August 5th but the probation officer failed to ask for or seek a warrantless arrest. The spokesperson for DOC said there was no excuse for that "inaction".

One probation officer & 3 probation supervisors have been fired as a result of this mistake.

"A MISTAKE!" It was avoidable!

Can you even imagine how the families of these 6 victims must feel now?

Rum Tum

:furious: :furious: I'm just sick...!! :mad: These poor families, just can't imagine their anguish..!! :furious:

Heard that the 27 yr old's probation officer and 3 supervisors were fired because when he was re-arrested he automatically violated his parole from the prior offense he had committed. The parole folks were supposed to file an order for re-arrest within 48 hrs and did not. But what I REALLY want someone to explain is why, if LE was called SIX times in the last 10 days because of this guy's squatting and they had been informed of the threats made, why were patrols not stepped up in the area and why did they not offer protection to Erin since she had been directly threatened by Victorino???

Hello everyone...

My name is Jay Ziegler. Johnathan Gleason was my best friend and former bandmate of Karma Diver and I'm extremely saddened by his untimely death, as all of us are in the group. I just want to thank everyone here who is showing a very deep interest in this case and offering their condolences to not only John's family but to the other victims and their families as well. Once again thank you very much, as I will be sharing this site with many other people who haven't seen it yet.

If anyone has any tributes or words to share with John...please do not hesitate to visit here at:

http://karmadiveronline.tripod.com

Best regards and thank you very much...

Jay Ziegler, Former Guitarist Of Karma Diver

RIP John Gleason 1986-2004 And by the way, today would have been his 18th birthday.

Didjitmachines said:
Hello everyone...

My name is Jay Ziegler. Johnathan Gleason was my best friend and former bandmate of Karma Diver and I'm extremely saddened by his untimely death, as all of us are in the group. I just want to thank everyone here who is showing a very deep interest in this case and offering their condolences to not only John's family but to the other victims and their families as well. Once again thank you very much, as I will be sharing this site with many other people who haven't seen it yet.

If anyone has any tributes or words to share with John...please do not hesitate to visit here at:

http://karmadiveronline.tripod.com

Best regards and thank you very much...

Jay Ziegler, Former Guitarist Of Karma Diver

RIP John Gleason 1986-2004 And by the way, today would have been his 18th birthday.
Hi Jay-
Welcome and thank you for sharing. I am sure this is a very difficult time for you and your friends that were close to John.
Please feel free to come here and share. The posters here are terrific. I am very sorry for your loss.

IdahoMom

Today six patrol cars were parked outside the house where Victorino was arrested.

He was not living there, he was not staying there. LE has removed several vans full of evidence.

I have no idea what is going on but when I drove past there this morning on my way to Winn Dixie, there was one patrol car. Three hours later there were 6 and 2 crime scene vans.

Something is definitely up with that house.

I'm very sorry for your loss, Didjit. My coworker and her husband lost his cousin in that house. I'm so saddened by this case and the deaths of these innocent young people. It's just horrible and devastating.

LvsAMystry said:
I'm very sorry for your loss, Didjit. My coworker and her husband lost his cousin in that house. I'm so saddened by this case and the deaths of these innocent young people. It's just horrible and devastating.
I'm sorry to hear about your coworker's loss.

Adding my prayers for the families and friends of the Victims of the monsters as well as the Department of Corrections - whom I hold just as responsible. Every person in this state is a walking target and has been for the past 15 or so years. If the monsters in this case were not on Meth, I'd be very surprised as it is taking over in the rural areas that previously were safe from the Big City highs.

RR

Aug 12, 2004

Deltona Murder Suspect Had Probation Status Downgraded Twice
By Mike Schneider
Associated Press Writer

DELAND, Fla. (AP) - Twice in the past year, the probation classification of an ex-convict arrested in the slayings of six young people was downgraded to low supervision, even though a probation officer had warned in her notes that "this is an extremely dangerous individual."
Troy Victorino was initially given the maximum level of probation supervision when he was released from prison last October after serving six years for battery and probation violation. The maximum level requires the offender to make monthly visits to a probation officer and requires the officer to make monthly checks at the offender's home or work.

But by the end of last May, Victorino's classification was reduced to minimum supervision, which only requires the offender to report to a probation officer monthly, according to Department of Corrections documents obtained by The Associated Press on Thursday.

Victorino, 27, and three teenage co-defendants were arrested on first-degree murder charges for allegedly stabbing and bludgeoning to death six people last Friday in a Deltona house - apparently over an Xbox video game system and clothes.

For Victorino, his first minimum probation classification was short lived. He was accused of violating his probation in a hit-and-run accident and was returned to maximum supervision at the beginning of June. But Victorino returned to minimum supervision for most of the month of July when it was determined he was not the driver and the probation violation charge was dropped.

After he was arrested July 29 for allegedly punching an acquaintance in the face over a car debt dispute and released on $2,500 bond, Victorino's classification returned to the maximum supervision.

The classification downgrades were made even though probation officer Brenda Mintell in her notes in December had written that "this is an extremely dangerous individual." Victorino had three probation officers between October 2003 and August 2004.

Department of Corrections spokesman Sterling Ivey said the downgrading of Victorino to minimum supervision was the result of data entered incorrectly into a computer system that determines the classification based on a point scale.

Even when Victorino was listed at minimum supervision, he actually was given maximum supervision, Ivey said. However, Victorino's case notes show that in the month of July, Victorino only made an office visit to his probation officer and that his probation officer did not make a home check. They spoke on the phone twice and the probation officer spoke with Victorino's employer.

Ivey said he did not know why the information was entered incorrectly, although there were changes made to the computer system earlier in the year.

Victorino's most recent probation officer and three probation supervisors were fired Monday for failing to send papers quickly enough to a judge that could have led to Victorino's re-arrest for violation probation after his July 29 arrest.

Case notes showed that probation officer Richard Burrow submitted the violation of probation report on Wednesday, Aug. 4, but it was returned to him to make corrections that same day. He did not file the paperwork with a judge until two days later, the day the bodies of the murder victims were found.

Victorino, meanwhile, made an office visit to Burrows on Thursday.

"He said he would be moving again soon," Burrows wrote of Victorino in his notes. "Did not mention his new arrest."

The corrections department has clarified its policy because of what happened.

In a memo Wednesday, probation and parole officers were ordered to immediately request the arrest for violation of probation of an offender who is arrested for another felony. A warrantless arrest is required in cases where the offender has a prior history of violence or is a threat to the community, said the memo from R. Beth Atchison, a corrections attorney.

"Our first and primary responsibility is to protect the public," she wrote.

AP-ES-08-12-04 2001EDT

This story can be found at: http://ap.tbo.com/ap/florida/MGBV072KTXD.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flimflam