Hair ColorOrange
Head Hair Description--
Body Hair Description--
Facial Hair Description--
Left Eye ColorBrown
Right Eye ColorBrown
Eye Description--

Her NamUs page has been removed.

Lately there's been a lot of activity on the Missing Persons side for Florida. I don’t know if there’s been a change in legislation or something, but it started with hundreds of unpublished MPs cases being removed, then they started publishing more and more cases. Now they add and remove dozen if not hundreds of cases each day.

Maybe it’s now mandatory for all missing cases to be entered on NamUs. A lot of them are juveniles, sometimes I see multiple profiles for the same kid. I even sent NamUs a list of duplicates and they removed them. I can hardly keep up with them, they surely keep me busy these days.

Her NamUs page has been removed.

Lately there's been a lot of activity on the Missing Persons side for Florida. I don’t know if there’s been a change in legislation or something, but it started with hundreds of unpublished MPs cases being removed, then they started publishing more and more cases. Now they add and remove dozen if not hundreds of cases each day.

Maybe it’s now mandatory for all missing cases to be entered on NamUs. A lot of them are juveniles, sometimes I see multiple profiles for the same kid. I even sent NamUs a list of duplicates and they removed them. I can hardly keep up with them, they surely keep me busy these days.

Interesting information. Thank you for discussing, and keeping up with this.
I have been quite happy that Othram has been quite active in our Florida cases.
And a fair number are people from out of state... that is why Florida NEEDS Othram so much.

I always say there are so many more in florida because we have so many people who come to Florida to bring trouble, not just tourist dollars.
moo

Well said. I did find it curious that a state with such a large population has such few missing persons.

I was checking my file now, since the end of May 2024 the number of open MP cases went from 750 to over 2300. It makes more sense this way. And who knows how many people are missing but unreported. Now I am curious if there will be a similar change in the Unidentified and Unclaimed persons cases as well.

There is a statute in Florida from last year (I believe) where there was a new policy adopted for reports to LE of missing children or adults that they must be reported to missing person agencies, including NamUs within 2 hours of taking the report. It has to be in the jurisdiction of where the MP was last seen and the report cannot be denied. This report can be from a parent, a caretaker, DCF, daycare, etc.

There was also a bill introduced by Jennifer Bradley in Florida called SB 678. This bill allowed for funding to LE for Forensic Investigative Genetic Genealogy (FIGG) on unidentified persons in the state of Florida. The Governor signed the bill and I think it was to take effect 7/1/24. This may be why there is so much activity on the Florida cases. So we should be seeing a jump in cases disbursed to different labs for genetic testing on DNA should it have been salvaged and available. Very exciting. Hoping more states follow suit with this.

If interested, you can read the full statute and the state bill. I just looked up the statute. It’s 937.021 section 3, 4a and 4b. The state bill is SB 678.

There is a statute in Florida from last year (I believe) where there was a new policy adopted for reports to LE of missing children or adults that they must be reported to missing person agencies, including NamUs within 2 hours of taking the report. It has to be in the jurisdiction of where the MP was last seen and the report cannot be denied. This report can be from a parent, a caretaker, DCF, daycare, etc.

There was also a bill introduced by Jennifer Bradley in Florida called SB 678. This bill allowed for funding to LE for Forensic Investigative Genetic Genealogy (FIGG) on unidentified persons in the state of Florida. The Governor signed the bill and I think it was to take effect 7/1/24. This may be why there is so much activity on the Florida cases. So we should be seeing a jump in cases disbursed to different labs for genetic testing on DNA should it have been salvaged and available. Very exciting. Hoping more states follow suit with this.

If interested, you can read the full statute and the state bill. I just looked up the statute. It’s 937.021 section 3, 4a and 4b. The state bill is SB 678.

wow... THANKS. This does explain a lot..l..

Wow, thank you for sharing, your posts are always so informative. To me, this is what NamUs should be, comprehensive and up to date. I really hope other states wil be inspired by Florida and adopt the same policy.
I remember seeing something in the FDLE meeting minutes about funding for investigative genealogy, I am looking forward to seeing it in action. Great job, Florida!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back