FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The article says she went running ahead the others towards her home. I wonder how far away she was?

I remember when my youngest was about 4, he would cover his face with a blanket, and think that NO ONE could see him...it was the funniest thing.....I guess because he couldn't see anyone....LOL
actually that is called object conservation... and it is a developmental charactaristic of that age... if something is not "showing"....... children at this age think it is gone forever or out of sight of everyone... the reason why I comment on object conservation in a four year old is because at the same time I do not see this child running off and hiding for seven hours in the dark. It just does not fit the developmental characteristics of a child this age. Sure she could have wandered off for a few hours and not checked in.... but for seven in the dark? I am worried (unless we find out more in the coming days about the family that could have altered her behavior...ie, abuse, etc... not to throw that word in the mix... and hate to..... but we learn by experience... and that includes the normal and healthy development of a child)

sorry for the runon post!

Also, when I first moved here. The closest bus stop was half a mile away. Walking is healthy for kids....but not very safe in many areas.

Sharing this email from CCSO in the event it has more info than news sites:

Missing Child

The Clay County Sheriff's Office is looking for a missing child in the Grove Park area. The childs name is, Summer Renne Thompson date of birth 4-15-02. Summer is a white female 3 feet 5 inches tall weighting 65lbs. Summer was last seen wearing a cranberry jumper with pick stripes on the sleeves. Summer was lastseen in the area of Grove Park Elementary walking west on Debarry Ave at 2:50PM today. Anyone with any information is asked to call the Clay County Sheriff's Office at 264-6512.

Clay County Sheriff's Office
Community Relations Unit
(904) 213-6131

Okay, the media really needs to stop this. New rules:

-You hear a child is missing.
-Report the details you get from LE, and a photo.
-WAIT ON THE REST UNTIL YOU CAN VERIFY IT!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks a bunch.

I wish I knew how to post a map that shows up as a picture here on WS...anyway here is a map starting at her school and the way she would have walked home. If anyone knows how to post this as a picture please do here is a link though...hope it helps:

http://www.bing.com/maps/default.as...213648034587_Gano Ave __&rtop=0~0~0&encType=1

:praying: for all those volunteers out there helping! And for LE, of course!!! I am impressed with the blogger reports regarding all who are helping search and those whose hearts are with the searchers also.

Most of all, I pray for Sommer and her family. May we be celebrating her safe return very very soon!

:praying:

they had Sheriff Beasler on one of the news stations at 10, can't remember now which one it was that I was watching....but he did talk...

I just pray that this is not another totally dysfunctional family like CA and HC's families. I don't think I can take anymore of these types of people who seem to feel that everything else is more important than these children! Where did things go so wrong for our innocent children?

who was at home for the children when they got home?

was a parent there?

did they both work?

were they latchky kids??????? Was there an older sibbling there meant to watch after them if that was the case?

so a 7 and 5 yr old head home to be alone till parents get off work......I hope not....

We don't know any of this yet. Let's not jump to conclusions...this family is already going through hell.

I wish I knew how to post a map that shows up as a picture here on WS...anyway here is a map starting at her school and the way she would have walked home. If anyone knows how to post this as a picture please do here is a link though...hope it helps:

http://www.bing.com/maps/default.as...213648034587_Gano Ave __&rtop=0~0~0&encType=1

Here you go.

Somer map school.jpg

"The child's mother notified police around 6:30 p.m. that her daughter, Summer Renee Thompson, had not returned home from school."

OMG......what time did these children usually get home from school? 3 or 3:30?

6:30 she reported it????

they had Sheriff Beasler on one of the news stations at 10, can't remember now which one it was that I was watching....but he did talk...

cam, I was going to ask if you were listening to the Clay County scanner, but then I saw there were no live feeds. It probably would have been on a private channel anyway.

We don't know any of this yet. Let's not jump to conclusions...this family is already going through hell.
in previous links it has been reported that the mother was out looking for a time and flagged down a patrol car that passed her by as she was looking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yoshi Baehr