FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I need brain bleach after seeing those pics, Padua -- and I'm no prude!

LOL

No worries guys! I deleted them myself!!!!

I am pretty disturbed she would put something like that on her MS page. Hell I have done some crazy stuff at parties but never something like that and it would never make it online! sheesh. and she has kids... not a good example for them, no?

I am pretty disturbed she would put something like that on her MS page. Hell I have done some crazy stuff at parties but never something like that and it would never make it online! sheesh. and she has kids... not a good example for them, no?

I didn't see those on her page - maybe they were on a friends page?

Nope, she needs to thank her friend Texas Queen for having a c rap load of pics the public can see on her myspace and adding people's names under them!!!!

I wouldn't put parties or weed smoking on my sites either!
This makes her look bad.

I agree, and being on this site makes me triple-think before I post anything on my spaces. I just put my kids young photos on my facebook this year, and they're now in their late teens.

Let's please refrain from blaming the family for now. There is no evidence she was hanging out with SOs or anything. I know it is easy to want to lash out because we see so many crappy parents these days, but we have no evidence she is like that at this juncture.

When I looked at her MS, I noticed she said she would have to "take out a loan" to go to the movies. Perhaps after school care wasn't affordable to her.

When I had two young kids, my job wouldn't let me take off for ANYTHING. I had to use my lunch hour to see my oldest son's middle school graduation! Some jobs are like that and in this day and age, people need to hold on to what they get. It SUCKS. I was paying a fortune for child care for my youngest son and my oldest had to walk a long way. I was sick about it every day for a long time and then some friends who owned a book store that went to my church offered to let him go there after school. I was so thankful as I had no family nearby to help me and latchkey care cost as much as full-time care for my younger son! Due to "insurance" and such, I was told!

We don't know this mother's situation. I'm not a partier at all and yet, I can't judge her unless I learn more about her circumstances.

As for the walking home, if this is a situation at all these schools, then perhaps the people who are home could be "watchers" after school. I wouldn't mind opening my door or windows to watch kids in my neighborhood walk home safely! We need to start thinking outside the box to solve this problem!

Just catching up here-- thanks to everyone for the links, maps, and info.

Has anyone seen an estimate of how long it takes those kids to walk 2.2 miles home from school? Seems like a longgg walk for little ones, especially the way they dawdle. Forty-five minutes or so? This is terrifying...

honestly, that's why I do NOT have a MS, Facebook, Twitter or anything else like that....I am a private person and I don't want anyone to be able to get into my life at all....especially after watching various things on the news/programs, etc about how people can get into them, trace things, find out info, etc. Nope....not for me....and I think I will keep it that way LOL......now pics I must have thousands of those, but someone would have to come to my house to see them...hehehehe...

I in no way am blaming the mom for anything. But, I'm in my office by myself and just wanted to share with someone. Sorry. Next time I'll wait til I get home and show my husband (even though he HATES talking about missing kids cases and such)

Oh Lawd......it's looks like a grown up Halloween party, tacky yes, anything more, no. Mom may be on the wild and crazy side, but that does not mean she was a bad mom. It may turn out she was...........but I'm not basing anything on those pics.

well we have some PC LE's in Clay County - just heard them verify their 10-20's on scanner.....

Nope, she needs to thank her friend Texas Queen for having a c rap load of pics the public can see on her myspace and adding people's names under them!!!!

The great thing about tagged photos is that you can remove your tags or you can set your tagged folder to private or just-friends. It's still her fault for letting that get out there I suppose.

I in no way am blaming the mom for anything. But, I'm in my office by myself and just wanted to share with someone. Sorry. Next time I'll wait til I get home and show my husband (even though he HATES talking about missing kids cases and such)

I certainly wasn't pointing my finger at you! I've gotten wound up in the same thoughts myself and have to talk myself down. It is so easy to think that a lack of parenting caused these terrors because more often than not, it is!

My point was made at this time because we are still pretty early in the investigation and my heart goes out to this family as they must be going through emotions I hope I never have to understand.

Maybe the officer has seen something like that before. It's an obvious possibility if somebody had their trunk open in a driveway and she climbed in but I think he's probably just doing a little grasping for straws hoping for a non-criminal scenario.

Thats a great idea. Esp after she had a fight when walking home. Maybe she thought she would be in trouble and hid somewhere.

Oh Lawd......it's looks like a grown up Halloween party, tacky yes, anything more, no. Mom may be on the wild and crazy side, but that does not mean she was a bad mom. It may turn out she was...........but I'm not basing anything on those pics.

Right, and the kids weren't at the party.

good thing I have all my nasty pictures hidden right? boom chicka wah wah

kidding folks... justtttt kidding....

honestly, that's why I do NOT have a MS, Facebook, Twitter or anything else like that....I am a private person and I don't want anyone to be able to get into my life at all....especially after watching various things on the news/programs, etc about how people can get into them, trace things, find out info, etc. Nope....not for me....and I think I will keep it that way LOL......now pics I must have thousands of those, but someone would have to come to my house to see them...hehehehe...

lol I agree. I only have a facebook page, but both of my parents, my sister, my cousins and aunts/uncles are my friends on there, so I am very careful about what gets on my page! Plus it's private so unless you're my friend you can't see anything but my name and a small picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Required