FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anything ever come of the scanner chatter from PC about Clay County. Anybody know what that was about?

Only the very old homes in Oregon have attics, generally. I don't remember anyone having one when I lived in California.

Sorry I know this isn't incredibly relavant but are you saying that only in the state of Oregon there are houses with attics?

The house I grew up in in Missouri has a huge attic (built 1919). My dad's house has an attic (pull down) and a bomb shelter (cold war era home, lol). My grandmother who lived in GA for awhile had an attic and her house was built in the 80's. I think it is a feature that is being phased out in newer houses but I think there are still plenty of houses around the country which have attics - FWIW.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,568636,00.html?test=latestnews

He said 57 sex offenders have been interviewed within a 3-mile radius, and their homes and yards have been searched. The search was expanded Tuesday to a 5-mile radius, and officials say they will interview 30 more registered sex offenders.

57 sex offenders in a 3-mile radius?

There are just no words.

BRB. Going to get my 10-year-old from the bus stop, as usual, where there are exactly 2 RSOs in a 3 mile radius (but I take no chances)...

Great, moms' MS friend, TQ has pics from Christmas in Puerto Rico. I can already hear CA butting into this case (you know she will!) and making the ZFG connection. :(

He said 57 sex offenders have been interviewed within a 3-mile radius, and their homes and yards have been searched. The search was expanded Tuesday to a 5-mile radius, and officials say they will interview 30 more registered sex offenders.

There are just no words.

BRB. Going to get my 10-year-old from the bus stop, as usual, where there are exactly 2 RSOs in a 3 mile radius (but I take no chances)...

I am in a town of 800 where we have none listed, but that's not because there are no predators; they just haven't been caught YET. But I'm working on that....

I really hope one of our wonderful astrologers will do a chart for this child. This is so sad.

the reporter on Channel 4 should handcuff his hands behind his back when he does a report. I found myself watching his erratic hand movements instead of listening to what he was saying.

Pop. 7,000 and I know where my 2 SROs live, what they drive, what they look like and what they had for lunch yesterday (okay, well, maybe not that)...

But, seriously, there are still incidents like kids getting approached by strangers from vehicles that we hear about through email and school notifications... and, there are only 2 of these creeps around here and their offenses were against an adult.

There are just no words.

RSO's from school address:

10 within a mile
39 within 2 miles
74 within 3 miles
132 within 5 miles

I find it strange when a little girl is missing the sheriff turns over a news conference to two women about an alleged incident that happened 10 days before.

Just wanted to let everyone know I'm back from the search area where camcneishg, her son and I walked through the area. Lots of people out handing out flyer's. LE is about to do another grid search of a wooded area they have been keeping people out of all day. This is the area searched last night in the dark. At this time the only thing volunteers can do is hand out flyer's in their neighborhood, street corners or shopping areas. Will say there are tons and tons of LE there from Clay, Duval, St. Johns, Florida Highway Patrol, Florida Dept. of Transportation. PSA's, LE Auxiliary, Fish and Game Comm. and I sure more just can't remember. Don't think I have ever seen so many LE in one area. Was heartwarming to see them and know everything that can be done is being done.

Was told by LE if nothing is found today they will probably ask for volunteers to search tomorrow. I will put the word out the minute I hear anything
so anyone who wants to search can come. Not really sure the areas to be searched mostly homes with some wooded areas. Nothing like Satsuma thank goodness.

GrannyL

Thanks GrannyL ... cam & ur son for doing what you do!

cam... your legs will "literally" be hurting tonight with all that walking ;) not just in your avatar :D

I've read that Somer's dad says he hasn't seen her in 2 years.

Divorce records in Clay County show that her parents are just now going through their divorce, with activity as recent as 9/11/2009.

Not throwing suspicion, but am hopeful as other scenarios are far worse.

Just wanted to let everyone know I'm back from the search area where camcneishg, her son and I walked through the area. Lots of people out handing out flyer's. LE is about to do another grid search of a wooded area they have been keeping people out of all day. This is the area searched last night in the dark. At this time the only thing volunteers can do is hand out flyer's in their neighborhood, street corners or shopping areas. Will say there are tons and tons of LE there from Clay, Duval, St. Johns, Florida Highway Patrol, Florida Dept. of Transportation. PSA's, LE Auxiliary, Fish and Game Comm. and I sure more just can't remember. Don't think I have ever seen so many LE in one area. Was heartwarming to see them and know everything that can be done is being done.

Was told by LE if nothing is found today they will probably ask for volunteers to search tomorrow. I will put the word out the minute I hear anything
so anyone who wants to search can come. Not really sure the areas to be searched mostly homes with some wooded areas. Nothing like Satsuma thank goodness.

GrannyL

GrannyL - I can't be there to search as much as I really want to be able.

Can you let us know if there's anything else we can do?

donate for water - order pizza...whatever we can do from a distance to help.

TIA!!

They have the grandmother on HLN right now (a taped interview). She seems very sweet, she looks heartbroken. She says Somer is an indoor kid, didn't like to play outside much. She says Somer's mother is devastated and is losing hope as time goes on, wishes it were all just a bad dream.

After I read your post I put on HLN and saw the interview with the grandmother. It was so hard to watch her pain. So very sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Required