FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why? There is nothing to indicate the mother's friend has done anything to Somer. Why draw suspicion on someone with no cause?

:cow:

Maz
I can imagine that LE has already checked out/is checking out this possibility.. they would be remiss not to. (moo)

Just had HLN on saw granma pleading for Somer.
Says Somer is a sweet little girl that plays indoors allot.
Somer is VERY friendly.
Mother is distraught and is thinking the worse as each hour goes by.

Could you do an update of your map and bump it up for everyone to see. If you will please add a Crossing Guard at (1.)Gano and Miller St/Fromhart (2.) Grove Park and Gano and (3) DeBerry Ave. and Gano. Also a Deputy in marked car with lights flashing at #2. That's three crossing guards and one Deputy in a three block area she walked in and only the first crossing guard is reported to have seen her. It's like she vanished into thin air. Did NOT hear this from LE just people hanging around. You can see from DeBerry all the way to Miller St. no problem.

Thanks,
GrannyL

Updated map
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=e...0.17177,-81.716652&spn=0.020109,0.038495&z=15

I was thinking of the crossing guards but had no clue to were they would be ,Thanks GrannyL

Why? There is nothing to indicate the mother's friend has done anything to Somer. Why draw suspicion on someone with no cause?

:cow:

Maz

This is a sleuthing website. We try to come up with every possible scenario. These are just opinions. I don't think anyone is trying to throw an innocent person under the bus. We're all just thinking out loud. We don't have much info to go on right now so anything is possible.

The reason my hinky meter rose when I heard that he was living there with them and was there when they got home from school was because of the fact LE stated he sent the children to go look for Somer. Why couldn't he go with them? If a child doesn't come home from school..why wouldn't the adult go look instead of sending the other kids out to search around for her. I just find it incredibly odd that he said "well, go look for Somer" and he stayed at the house.

My "hinky" meter is leaning toward the people who tried to get another little girl into their SUV recently.

As for male roomie, I'm thinking he was too lazy to get his butt off the couch, at this point. He may have been watching the baseball playoffs. Plus, she was known to go to another friend's house without asking before, so "friend" probably didn't worry about it.

People who watch kids need to react in the same way as their parent would react. JMOO

The reason my hinky meter rose when I heard that he was living there with them and was there when they got home from school was because of the fact LE stated he sent the children to go look for Somer. Why couldn't he go with them? If a child doesn't come home from school..why wouldn't the adult go look instead of sending the other kids out to search around for her. I just find it incredibly odd that he said "well, go look for Somer" and he stayed at the house.

I would think that maybe he stayed back to be there for when she came home.

Somer's flyer -- great hi-quality pic on it!

http://www.claycountysounder.com/temp/missing.doc

Nice quality, but unfortunately a few years old.

The only recent one I've seen:
srt-Copy.jpg

Saved pics:
http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/Somer Thompson/

My hinkyohmeter tilted when we heard about the guy..........so hope I'm wrong.

I would think that maybe he stayed back to be there for when she came home.

Could be...but I would have had the ten year old do that. She would have been safer than running around all those SOs. If that was his reason, it wasn't very well thought out.

My hinky is going off because of all the recent cases of children killed and hurt by the live in BF's. Just look in the crime in the news thread it's full of them, Releigh sawyers, Emma Thompson. Until LE says they have cleared him then he is still on the list. JMO

This is a sleuthing website. We try to come up with every possible scenario. These are just opinions. I don't think anyone is trying to throw an innocent person under the bus. We're all just thinking out loud. We don't have much info to go on right now so anything is possible.
Respectfully,

I know what this site is for.

I simply see no reason to point a finger at someone simply because they live in the same house.

I would think otherwise however if there was evidence such as a past record etc.

MOO

Maz

UPDATED: Police: 'We're Just Gonna Keep Trying' to Find Somer
Updated: 10/20/2009 4:43:00 PM
<snipped>
"We suspect foul play," Mahla said, adding that right now Somer is considered an endangered child because of her age, the low temperatures last night and her size.

Police are using dive teams to search a retention pond and a small lake in the area, and are in the process of interviewing sex offenders living in the neighborhood, Mahla said. "We are searching anything and everything we possibly can...we're just gonna keep trying."

Mahla offered a timeline of Somer's activities right before she disappeared Monday. She left school at 2:50 and met up with her two siblings to walk home. The two arrived home at 3:15 to find Somer not there even though she had run ahead of them. Around 4 p.m., Mahla said, Somer's mother flagged down a deputy to report her missing.

Article:
http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/special/somer/news-article.aspx?storyid=146917&catid=338
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
UPDATED: Sheriff Suspects Foul Play In Girl's Disappearance
Somer Thompson Vanished While Walking Home From School
POSTED: 9:20 am EDT October 20, 2009
UPDATED: 4:32 pm EDT October 20, 2009
<snipped>
More than 100 Clay County deputies were searching Monday and Tuesday in Orange Park for Somer Thompson. Officials said a retention pond and lake were included in the search.

"Obviously we suspect foul play due to the fact that she did not come home last night," Sheriff Kenny Lemons said.

Lemons said the sheriff's office would have information for volunteers who want to assist in the search on Wednesday. He said several people have already begun searching on their own and were keeping officials informed.

Video: Sheriff Suspects Foul Play In Girl's Disappearance
http://www.wesh.com/video/21352136/index.html

Article:
http://www.wesh.com/news/21347605/detail.html
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
LIVE: First Coast News At 5PM
http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/5pm/default.aspx

:angel:

Respectfully,

I know what this site is for.

I simply see no reason to point a finger at someone simply because they live in the same house.

I would think otherwise however if there was evidence such as a past record etc.

MOO

Maz

I haven't seen anyone point fingers simply because he lived there.

I've seen people speculating that he may have had an involvement. Pointing figures, to me, implies that he, without a doubt, has done something.

To me, he raised some concern because he didn't leave the house to help search for Somer.

Just my opinion.

What gets me is from Somer leaving school at 2:50, to her siblings getting home at 3:15 just seems like such a small window of time.

I do realize anything can happen, and child abductions can happen in the blink of an eye, but still...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member