FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #15

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've not really thought of this before - but could someone have been angry at or jealous of DT? - Someone in SP's life? Maybe someone followed him over there to spy and saw an opportunity to grab somer and get even with DT for something - real or imagined?

I don't think DT would have had to look too hard for after school care. IIRC, the Y had an after school program at Somer's school.

Before/After School Care

The YMCA provides before and after-school care for a fee at Grove Park Elementary. Contact the GPE Front Office for more information on Pryme Tyme or call the YMCA at (904) 272-xxxx.

(edited for privacy)

Grove Park Elementary

School Hours
Cafeteria Opens: 7:45 a.m.
Classes Begin: 8:20 a.m.
Dismissal: 2:32 p.m.

(For reference since I'd posted hours or OPJR and OPHS)

DT claimed she had lunch at home with SP. She works 30 minutes away from her house. Why would he be in her house for lunch to 4 PM. Just doesn't make ANY sense to me.

Someone is lying.

Does she work at the office that is 30 min away or the one right down the street. The web sight for her company has two address.. one in orange park

also on the police report it did not say if the mom came home or called first before reporting to police. how did she know that somer was still missing at not already home?

Does she work at the office that is 30 min away or the one right down the street. The web sight for her company has two address.. one in orange park

also on the police report it did not say if the mom came home or called first before reporting to police. how did she know that somer was still missing at not already home?

I would think she worked at the location whose address is in the MPR ... but IDK.

IIRC, that office was about 25 minutes away? (ETA: According to link, depends on route, 24-30 minutes)

The only thing is, she ate lunch with SP at her house that day. And I thought the story was that he then stayed there the rest of the afternoon and waited for the kids. In which case, it already places him at the house. I think she had a sitter before for after school, so I keep thinking it was normal for her to work a normal work day. I don't know.

I don't know about Florida, but in Texas, a school age child can be home alone after school unless the parent has reason to know that the child's behavior or developmental status puts them in more danger than the average child that age. It kind of developed out the whole "latchkey" child thing.

Anything that changes the equation, siblings who physically hurt each other, children who wander, children with developmental issues, adhd, etc, makes the state concerned that a parent should have known a child was at additional risk.

I was a single mother. I didn't have much money, and I put myself through school. For me, it was never even an option to let my young child walk home alone, and I didn't let him stay home alone ever until much later. I rearranged my lunch hour in order to pick him up, or I paid for after school care (a lot of programs have grants for parents of lower income). There are resources out there if you pursue them.

I'm not sure if it's a law or not but just as a mom it seems like a common sense issue to me. IMO Children shouldn't watch other children or be home alone until they are no longer eligible for day care.

I was a single working mom too. I sent my son to day care until he was 12 years old, the max age they would take him. He didn't like it at all, but I knew he was safe. During the summers he went to day camp at the YMCA. Day care was expensive and we made sacrifices in other ways to pay for it, but he always had clean clothes, good meals and a safe and happy home. And once he was old enough to stay home alone (after 12), he was never allowed to have other kids in the house with him until I got home from work. He had to call me at work the minute he got home from school. My mother called and checked on him, I called and checked on him. We about drove him nuts LOL.

Point is, kids don't always like being checked on or not being able to play when/where they want to play, but if it keeps them safe, then that's what matters. If it takes shopping at thrifts stores, packing lunches, or renting free movies from the library, there are ways to be resourceful to make ends meet and to get the care needed to keep them safe.

I don't see SP as being involved, but that's jmo. I believe, because of the circumstances, that someone had their eye on Somer for awhile. And for whatever reason, that day things fell into place for whomever it was.

I think if she worked in OP, she would have given the OP address in the MPR.

The company I worked for had 3 offices, but I never gave the address of the other two as my work address. ??? Would anyone?

Just a thought ... and all JMO

What if AC not living at the house was very recent. Maybe he wanted to live with other family or friends (I have a friend whose troubled teenager does this on occasion) and that is why DT needed to make other arrangements that day.

Normally AT would be home with the twins until AC (13 yo) arrived.

Since AC was living with _________; DT needed to make other arrangements because even what she had been doing since AC moved out was not going to be possible that day?

ETA: Maybe she found out that morning that her normal plan was not going to work, and when she and SP met at her house for lunch, she asked him and he agreed. I don't recall ever seeing how far in advance the plan for him to stay was made (I'd assumed she asked at lunch).

If you are standing right in front of Somer's school these dumpsters are to the far right of the school.....for you MommaD:
102_1722.jpg

Concrete pumping eh? Maybe that heavy equipment did break up some concrete?

I noticed around the tanks, there is a cleared area about 2-3 ft wide on the outside (around the back) of the fence...she could have easily hid behind there....

I just could not get close enough with all of those trucks there to get to see what else is in the back yard...dang

This is very sad to me. I admit after Somer was found and we heard all the statements from LE and from Somer's mother, I was hopeful that they had an idea of who the perpetrator of this crime was. I stopped in this afternoon just to read for an update and I am surprised that hasn't been an arrest yet. Do police have a good grasp of the facts in the case and does everyone think that an arrest might be on the horizon? TIA

To Mods: I'm using a name and address, delete at will... not sure how to reference this anymore.

I don't know if my own interpretation of what happened is actually what happened, but this is my knowledge:

During the school day Somer had an altercation with a classmate.

On the way home from school, Somer got upset when her older sister got on her about the earlier altercation.

Eliza, that is one of the versions I was talking about, and there are others. Like the one in this link:

http://www.actionnewsjax.com/mostpo...to-Somer-Thompson/CghyE6_PfUGlZmOMcOl4sA.cspx

Thanks to CCANE for that link.

OMG!

According to the version on that link, the uncle of the girl Somer walked with and had the argument with talked to the media... and...

NOTE TO SLEUTHERS: the uncle lives in Arbor Circle, and he owns, or used to own, a tile business.

I'm sure LE has checked him, as he mentioned on the article that the police asked him if his niece had seen Somer.

Any hinkers lighted up on this?

Or does my sleepless brain need a little rest?

I just find it hard to believe that some adult would murder Somer over a spat with their niece. But maybe you're not saying that?

BUT

This made me wonder if she saw Somer taking a shortcut.

And she had told me, well, when I see her tomorrow at school I'll ask her where she goes...

okay....I cant screen shot but I am obsessed with the white van......and the fact that LE was asking neighbors about it.....

.the owner of magic lawn service shares the same name of a registered SO (JR). There is no physical address of his business as it is a landscape co.....his connection to the neighbor of the gano house....I do not know. The SOs address just so happens to have the same white van as on Gano in Cams pic, on the street in front of his address. So he visits there or something.......
......not happy bout the lawn guy......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member