FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
About the lunchbox and Bento ... yes I've searched and found many animals including a pig, but not this pig. I wondered if it was purchased out of the USA. The bookbag could have been made for Somer or came with another item and she used it as a bookbag.

Maybe the book bag and lunchbox were hand-me-downs from Somer's older sister. If I search online for my daughter's current book bag, I can find it easily, but I can't find the bag she had last year or the year before.

Seems less likely that she'd reuse the lunchbox (my daughter's lunchbox bags are usually not in great shape by the end of the year), but if money was an issue, then that could be the case.

They are artists renditions based on descriptions by family so not sure how exact they are (if they were available via retail, why would they bother with artist's rendition?).

Aha, interesting. Gosh it would be nice for them to have an accurate picture. Am wondering if the bag was a customized item through a site like Zazzle, etc, similar to the design on these bags with a pink-bowed skull, hearts and stars:

http://www.zazzle.com/emo_skull_bones_bag-149797213232453474

http://roseannejones.deckpeck.com/products/pink-bow-skull-messenger-bag

I'm wondering if LE specifically made subtle little changes to the exact picture of what the tote and lunch box look like in an attempt to lure the killer out.

Can you see him watching LE, seething about how they got it all wrong and wanting to let them know what it really looks like somehow?

I thought I'd seen somewhere that Somer "used it as a book bag" which made me think it wasn't originally intended to be a book bag but came with something else. Maybe it was a promotional bag that came with makeup or ___________. If so, there was probably writing on the bag that they are keeping quiet about.

The possibilities seem endless.

Aha, interesting. Gosh it would be nice for them to have an accurate picture. Am wondering if the bag was a customized item through a site like Zazzle, etc, similar to the design on these bags with a pink-bowed skull, hearts and stars:

http://www.zazzle.com/emo_skull_bones_bag-149797213232453474

http://roseannejones.deckpeck.com/products/pink-bow-skull-messenger-bag

Why doesn't the media contact DT and ask her about the items and where they came from?? I'm sure they know there are a million questions about where they came from? And if they are hand-me-downs or handmade then we'd know it. Why would that be protected info???

I'm wondering if LE specifically made subtle little changes to the exact picture of what the tote and lunch box look like in an attempt to lure the killer out.

Can you see him watching LE, seething about how they got it all wrong and wanting to let them know what it really looks like somehow?

Well now that's a thought. I'm getting so frustrated thinking why doesn't somebody just ask where in the heck mom got them??? But I guess that could be a possibility. Thanks for reeling me back in a bit ;)

It's slow - so I want to bring up something that have brought up before...

One time DT said that the perp probably said to Somer something like "I'm taking you to your Mommy."

I thought this was weird.

Somer probably knew her Mom was at work.

Why does DT think that?

Is it because of the alleged incident 10 days earlier? That is what the people in the car supposedly said to the little girl.

I just think it's a strange thing to say. So speculative.

If anyone runs across the clip that contains that comment - could you post it please. I want to listen again. TIA

Was there no DNA evidence on Somers' body? Or, have LE just not released the results?

There must be some if they think she scratched the person, but they have not said anything about it. If it's not a match for a known person there really isn't much to say about it.

Why does mom have a lawyer?

Because it makes absolute sense. She's been questioned by LE in relation to a crime. A sensible person wants an attorney for that. She knows whether she is innocent of any involvement, but that doesn't mean that she can convince others of that all alone. What if someone associated with her did it and tries to frame her by planting evidence, etc? Having an attorney is not the same as failing to cooperate. Nor is it an indication of guilt or innocence.

Plus, there are all sorts of issues she would need advice on. I'm sure she wants to know what evidence she is entitled to see. Someone in her home could have been involved. Others might be making libelous statements about her. There would be issues related to the donations she's taking in.

In addition, she seemed to be sort of running at the mouth in the press. She doesn't want to say something now that could be damaging to her testimony later. (Think of the debate people are already having over whether she even knew what Somer had on that day. The talk of the people she associated with, etc.) If they find the perp, she may want to sue him at some point.

Most importantly, she can discuss all of this stuff with a lawyer, and it can't be disclosed. Not so with victim's advocates, family, PR people, etc.

What was your issue with the first video? I just heard some guy ranting about the case and predators. It didn't seem anything different than many net comments might contain (except for putting his kids in the video).

On the second video, the sound was so odd that I had to turn it off without watching. What did he say about Transformers? Does he have some kind of a problem or is he putting that on for the video? Thanks.

ETA: Answering myself here. I went back to the clip and got it all to load this time. Sounds like he's deaf. Sorry for my confusion. I will watch the other videos.

Those red light eyes remind me of a dream I had recently. As I said to my hubby, "The eyes in my dream remind me of the (our) kids transformers toys, even tho I'm not sure the eyes actually lit up"

Does this guy live in the neighborhood?

I wonder if Somer and her brother played with Pokemon cards?
Some of these transformers are sold in the same stores as Pokemon, and some of the other card games such as digimon and magic.

The reason I bring this up, is the possibliity that Somer's lunch box could also have been sold at one of these types of stores.

Those red light eyes remind me of a dream I had recently. As I said to my hubby, "The eyes in my dream remind me of the (our) kids transformers toys, even tho I'm not sure the eyes actually lit up"

Does this guy live in the neighborhood?

He's got profiles all over. The ones I saw say he lives in Ocala. Not sure how close that is. Doesn't look particularly sinister to me, but as I said I only watched the first one about Somer. The other guy (white guy with glasses and kids) just looks like a generic rant video to me.

One time DT said that the perp probably said to Somer something like "I'm taking you to your Mommy."

Why does DT think that?

Is it because of the alleged incident 10 days earlier? That is what the people in the car supposedly said to the little girl.

If anyone runs across the clip that contains that comment - could you post it please. I want to listen again. TIA

Yes, according to one version of the incident the attempted abductor told the child that her mother sent them to pick her up (the Oct 10 incident in OP). But IMO I also think DT said it because it's a line that we've all heard a SO might use to lure a child. And being the type of child that Somer was...helpful and eager to please...she would have easily fallen for it.

They are artists renditions based on descriptions by family so not sure how exact they are (if they were available via retail, why would they bother with artist's rendition?).

Among other things, Diena needs a lawyer to protect Somer. As an example, a few days ago, I saw an age progression ad using a picture of Caylee Anthony as its sample. It's since been taken down. But the lowlife who used her picture ... it's people like him/her that make it necessary for Diena to have a lawyer. JMO

Sorry ... just wanted to note that this is an assumption on my part. Didn't want people to be confused and think I was stating a fact. I actually don't know how the artist came up with these drawings.

Why does DT think that?

Not the clip but the quotes.

http://primewriter.com/news-1246-headlines/?p=111

Somer’s mother continued to speak to the media as well as to the perpetrator of her daughter’s murder,

“This predator, this sick — I don`t know what I`m allowed to say, but this sick man, person, what — he`s not a man, he`s not a person — was waiting. He`d been waiting, and that was the perfect opportunity. There was no one else around. That`s the only thing that I could think. And probably told her, I`m going to take you to your Mommy. Watch out. We`re coming. We`re going to get you.”

Clay County Sheriffs have repeatedly stated that they are withholding specific information regarding Somer’s case as they continue to investigate and identify Somer Thompson’s killer. The investigation immediately focused on an abandoned and vacant house located at 1080 Gano Avenue. On October 23, 2009, the house was searched and processed for evidence.

Why does DT think that?

Actually, I don't think it's strange at all.

In fact, I don't know why, but I've always thought that was one of the top 5 ways that an abductor gets the kid in their car - by saying that a parent had sent the creep to fetch them.

I've coached my own kids that I would NEVER EVER EVER send a stranger to get them and if someone says, "I'm a friend of your mom's and she's been in an accident and she asked me to come and get you." DON'T BELIEVE THEM!!!

Continuing my thoughts about the "I'm taking you to your mommy" comment...

This makes me think that DT might think that the perp knows Somer - and that the perp was in a car.

Someone in a home or even on foot would probably not say that.

This comment needs a vehicle to be enacted.

Also - the perp would have to be someone who Somer thought could actually bring her to her mom (at work) - not some everyday stranger I don't think. Maybe a stranger in a uniform of some type - like LE or even someone wearing scrubs if DT works in that environment.

I wonder if anyone has ever really taken her to see her Mom while she was at work?

I can't really find the words express just why I find the comment strange - frustrating.

I don't necessarily find it to be sinister on DT's part - just odd. Maybe she knows something, because LE told her something, that would make her think this?

Why does Diena need a lawyer??? Say's her lawyer was there with her...

that's what I found really odd. or maybe not, it seems like everyone has a lawyer these days. but when they said Diena and her lawyer, I thought, huh?, her lawyer?? (still scratching my head on that one)

Continuing my thoughts about the "I'm taking you to your mommy" comment...

This makes me think that DT might think that the perp knows Somer - and that the perp was in a car.

Someone in a home or even on foot would probably not say that.

This comment needs a vehicle to be enacted.

Also - the perp would have to be someone who Somer thought could actually bring her to her mom (at work) - not some everyday stranger I don't think. Maybe a stranger in a uniform of some type - like LE or even someone wearing scrubs if DT works in that environment.

I wonder if anyone has ever really taken her to see her Mom while she was at work?

I can't really find the words express just why I find the comment strange - frustrating.

I don't necessarily find it to be sinister on DT's part - just odd. Maybe she knows something, because LE told her something, that would make her think this?

LE has hinted that there is a vehicle involved when they released the profile. I believe it included someone who has made changes to their vehicle, hidden it or is no longer using it for no apparent reason.

Lunch Bag and Book Tote

Just had another thought about why LE wouldn't want the source of lunch bag and book tote to be released....nor the exact picture so they could be easily tracked down and purchased.

If the killer could buy new ones easy enough and place them somewhere in the area, it could easily throw LE completely off the trail. He wouldn't want to do the same thing with the real items because they could contain his DNA that might have accidentally gotten on them during the crime. He could be more careful with the "purchased" items (not getting his DNA on them) or somehow even plant someone else's DNA on them. Maybe I'm giving this creep too much credit...but he hasn't been caught yet, so who knows??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahgoodnight