FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.news4jax.com/news/21598516/detail.html

Sheriff Rick Beseler answered questions Thursday about what evidence has been found three weeks into the investigation.Beseler said some forensic evidence is back from the lab, but he won't say what it is.Beseler did not release any information on whether investigators have tracked down the Dumpster where Somer's body was originally placed.As for the home on Gano Avenue that investigators searched, Beseler would not say if the crime took place there, but he did say it has not been ruled out.

bbm -- this must have been what I thought the Sheriff was talking about. Some is back, some is not.

I don't know. Their silence has not worked in their favor so far as to solving this murder.

Maybe they should be a little more forthcoming.

Chee, cause of death and manner of death are both listed on the death certificate, per the ME's determination.

Even though LE has said they won't reveal cause & manner of death, the fact that ME has said this is a homicide and LE are calling this a homicide, we know the manner of death is homicide.

I think they would list it this way, manner of death is homocide and cause of death would most likely be listed as pending by law enforcement investigation

Hi Danny!
Actually, cause of death is also determined by the ME, based on autopsy results.

ETA: Cause of death is a medical diagnosis.

Hi Danny!
Actually, cause of death is also determined by the ME, based on autopsy results.

ETA: Cause of death is a medical diagnosis.

well yeah I understand that but couldn't le request that info to be withheld to protect the investigation for now. you know to keep the particulars of the investigation transparent?

well yeah I understand that but couldn't le request that info to be withheld to protect the investigation for now. you know to keep the particulars of the investigation transparent?

I see what you're saying. Yes - you're right. Since this is a criminal investigation, LE have jurisdiction over the info on the death certificate.

On the 6:00 news they just said DT's atty said sheriff rick besler asked him to watch out for and help the family for free if he could ... so there we have it. he is working for free. DT is getting the lock of somer's hair tomorrow from a couple of ladies from the justice coalition who had it put in a shadowbox with some pearls donated by underwood jewelry & some other items in the shadowbox. In this segment, DT says she hasn't been told anything about her daughter - if she was sexually assaulted, how she died, when she died.... just that they found her.

ETA - wouldn't they have to list the cause of death on the death certificate? Or would they just list homicide?

I have never heard of a sheriff requesting that before, do you remember why the lawyer said the sheriff requested that? If you don't, do you remember which station you were watching? I am not doubting you, you are an excellent poster; I would really like to hear the reason, as it is so odd IMO.

I have never heard of a sheriff requesting that before, do you remember why the lawyer said the sheriff requested that? If you don't, do you remember which station you were watching? I am not doubting you, you are an excellent poster; I would really like to hear the reason, as it is so odd IMO.

It was on Firstcoast News @ 6pm... Jeannie Blaylock was one on one with DT and her attorney. At the end of the interview, Jeannie said something like she asked the attorney ......... crap(!!!!!) I can't remember - I'm sorry. However I'm quite sure they'll have it on their website. Oh - and the interviews were done in the attorney's office.

On the 6:00 news they just said DT's atty said sheriff rick besler asked him to watch out for and help the family for free if he could ... so there we have it. he is working for free. DT is getting the lock of somer's hair tomorrow from a couple of ladies from the justice coalition who had it put in a shadowbox with some pearls donated by underwood jewelry & some other items in the shadowbox. In this segment, DT says she hasn't been told anything about her daughter - if she was sexually assaulted, how she died, when she died.... just that they found her.

ETA - wouldn't they have to list the cause of death on the death certificate? Or would they just list homicide?

Hi Chee - Could you please post a link to the above news station? I'd love to watch it! TIA!

It was on Firstcoast News @ 6pm... Jeannie Blaylock was one on one with DT and her attorney. At the end of the interview, Jeannie said something like she asked the attorney ......... crap(!!!!!) I can't remember - I'm sorry. However I'm quite sure they'll have it on their website. Oh - and the interviews were done in the attorney's office.

Well duh on me, I posted the link & listened to it...must listen again. Thanks!

OK - I'm going to stop posting for a while.... every time I refresh and scroll down, all I see is me sitting on my big fat arse... someone please post something!
please don't! You are HERE... and keeping this thing bumped to the top of world wide consciousness! Bless you for it Cheeeee!!!! I keep popping back and forth to keep you company... I will do better... I promise!

Hi Chee - Could you please post a link to the above news station? I'd love to watch it! TIA!

I don't know how to link... someone want to tell me how? Or someone go to firstcoastnews.com and link it if it's there?

Maybe I'm just crazy , but if I were the mother of a murdered child, I would be screaming that I wanted to know the cause of death, if the child was sexually assaulted, when she died, etc.

I don't know how to link... someone want to tell me how? Or someone go to firstcoastnews.com and link it if it's there?
Cheee:

instructions on how to link

1) go to to the tip top of the article or video that you are looking at. it will be a web addy that starts http://

2) right click on it. it should turn blue or highlight and pop up a menu of which copy is an option.

3) click copy

4) go back here and start typing... when you want to insert what you just copied right click... and you will get that menu again.. this time click paste....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCSouthtrust