FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #18

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
pinimia-what are your reasons for thinking that it's PC?

How would he get to her without being noticed that day?

There is no way that he could have known that she would be running ahead of her sibs.

It seems like there is no parking on Gano.

Where do you think he got her?

If he drives a semi. they have what are called "tattletales" in trucks. They tell exactly how fast someone drives and how far they've driven. Maybe when the truck is turned off and on. I don't know that.

Of course, no one has been cleared yet, so Le would know where he was that day.

I know you feel that since Somer wanted to have her Dad take her, it might be any reason such as she wasn't allowed to watch her TV show. Kids are good at playing one parent against the other.

So what are your ideas?

Hmmm... I just read the link tarabull posted to the article about the NC memorial. In the article, it stated they sang "The Climb" by Miley Cyrus, and said it was her fav song.

I thought "You Are My Sunshine" was her fav song.

Not that it's relevant, and she may have had several favorite songs, but I'm thinking all these favorite songs being attributed to her might be more her parents' favorite songs, in terms of their relationship with little Somer, for sentimental reasons, not that either of them was necessarily Somer's favorite song.

JMO
Actually, I had read that Somer was a Miley Cyrus fan, so this makes sense. I never bought that "You Are My Sunshine" was her favorite song. It was almost like there's a handbook of favorite songs of dead children by CA and it was scripted. I doubt anyone over 12 is a Miley Cyrus fan anyway. As far as the book bag/backpack and lunch box go, for as many descriptions we've had of these seemingly nonexistent accessories, someone could have walked past the Clay County SO Dept. with these on their persons and no one would have even noticed. We didn't even hear about the "lunch box" until AMW two weeks after she disappeared. Another thing that really strikes me as odd is the initial picture of Somer that was released. It appears it was about 3 years old- if your child is missing, aren't you going to want people to know what the kid looks like NOW, and not years ago? Sorry, there are just so many things about this case that bother me.

What happened to the book/lunch bag might depend on where the killer lives and just where Somer was murdered. If she was snatched into a vehicle and taken to another location then she shouldn't have been found from the nearby dumpsters or trashcans. If Somer was hidden in that house until dark then the killer could have taken the bags first and disposed of them then and then put Somer in the dumpster later. I guess what I'm trying to say is that since Somer is said to have had soot on her body, the killer must not have wanted to be connected to that neighborhood and did not want her found. Otherwise she could have just been left lying by the side of some road or put into water. I think it's someone in the neighborhood who did not have time to put Somer into a dumpster or area farther away and thought she wouldn't be found in the dump. The bookbags could even have been thrown off to the side of some nearby road to really try and make it look like she was taken off by vehicle to another location.

Hmmm... I just read the link tarabull posted to the article about the NC memorial. In the article, it stated they sang "The Climb" by Miley Cyrus, and said it was her fav song.

I thought "You Are My Sunshine" was her fav song.

Not that it's relevant, and she may have had several favorite songs, but I'm thinking all these favorite songs being attributed to her might be more her parents' favorite songs, in terms of their relationship with little Somer, for sentimental reasons, not that either of them were necessarily Somer's favorite song.

JMO

Not that it matters I suppose - but I can see "The Climb" being her fav - especially since she was reported to have a Hannah Montana backpack.

I remember running the Karaoke once at a school picnic type thing - the little girls around her age liked "Concrete Angels" at that time - and other more grown up ballad type songs. Not so much "You are My Sunshine" or other little kid songs.

My guess is dt gets state aid cos no way can she support family that size on her pay alone..Now they know her bf lives there too (ooops!) is she in any trouble? Ya know it was not reported..It never is!

I also wonder if she owns house (how?) or rents..Anyone know?

Way back in the beginning of this, someone posted a picture of a document asking for child support for DT's second husband. It was for a foreign appeal. Does anyone else remember this?

I didn't pay much attention to it then, but I don't remember where the person got that info from or where they got it.

Extreme violence packaged as "entertainment" is still extreme violence. I find it disturbing that people would even watch that sort of stuff for fun.

I train MMA, and I have my kids train in MMA as well. Neither child has used "extreme violence" in the few confrontations they've been in.

I find it more disturbing that television shows, music, and movies that show murders, sex, and drug use without much consequence isn't met with the same lack of sense that applies to a combat sport with an almost impeccable safety record.

The dumpster is actually at the front near the street, we were turning around in the parking lot and the wooded area is in the back of the parking lot.

If you come in from the street you have parking in the front and on the side. The dumpster is at the front of the side parking lot. If you continue up the side parking lot and take a right, there's additional parking which is what the picture is. I took the picture due to the fact the area is not viewable from the road, which I thought was interesting.

Nice secluded place to dispose of a body in a dumpster, don't you think?

Way back in the beginning of this, someone posted a picture of a document asking for child support for DT's second husband. It was for a foreign appeal. Does anyone else remember this?

I didn't pay much attention to it then, but I don't remember where the person got that info from or where they got it.

Clay County Civil Court Records contain the record of actions for child support as well as divorce activity. Not sure how you locate individual documents.

Clay County Civil Court Records contain the record of actions for child support as well as divorce activity. Not sure how you locate individual documents.

Search for DT.

Records for ST and PC show up.

This is from PC.

OTHER EVENTS AND HEARINGS
02/04/2008 Notice of Registration of Foreign Support Order
02/04/2008 Civil Cover Sheet
02/04/2008 DOR Memo
02/11/2008 Cert Mail/Unsigned
06/12/2008 Cert Mail Return Receipt Request Sent
02/20/2009 Proof Of Residence

There was another document found (child support from Samuel IIRC) that did not list Somer but listed the other children with AC's name all goofed up ... I think another child was added CT.

pinimia-what are your reasons for thinking that it's PC?

How would he get to her without being noticed that day?

There is no way that he could have known that she would be running ahead of her sibs.

It seems like there is no parking on Gano.

Where do you think he got her?

If he drives a semi. they have what are called "tattletales" in trucks. They tell exactly how fast someone drives and how far they've driven. Maybe when the truck is turned off and on. I don't know that.

Of course, no one has been cleared yet, so Le would know where he was that day.

I know you feel that since Somer wanted to have her Dad take her, it might be any reason such as she wasn't allowed to watch her TV show. Kids are good at playing one parent against the other.

So what are your ideas?

I don't think Somer ran away from her siblings. I think all three got home and PC was there to kill her. He might of been mad with her as some controlling boyfriends are. She may have said, "you're not my dad" as he clearly wasn't and he lost it and killed her. I also think he's been sexually abusing both Somer and her sister. This man is an evil man. The whole story was made up to protect him.

I don't think Somer ran away from her siblings. I think all three got home and PC was there to kill her. He might of been mad with her as some controlling boyfriends are. She may have said, "you're not my dad" as he clearly wasn't and he lost it and killed her. I also think he's been sexually abusing both Somer and her sister. This man is an evil man. The whole story was made up to protect him.

How do you know he's evil? Did I miss something in past posts? I'm sure LE considered that he might have spotted her walking after being warned to never leave the group then beat Somer. He was on his way home and possibly could have seen Somer before he got home to pick up her twin. But then, the scratches were surely looked for. At least I hope so.

The other children didn't notice that PC killed her?

What about SP? He's willing to say he was there to cover up for PC?

Why do you think he's evil? Do you know him?

I'm not defending him. I'm just curious on your reasons.

When I heard the song "you are my sunshine" I thought about all the"money" that was involved with Caylee....hate to think this but can't help it. Money truly is a root of all evil.

Actually, I had read that Somer was a Miley Cyrus fan, so this makes sense. I never bought that "You Are My Sunshine" was her favorite song. It was almost like there's a handbook of favorite songs of dead children by CA and it was scripted. I doubt anyone over 12 is a Miley Cyrus fan anyway. As far as the book bag/backpack and lunch box go, for as many descriptions we've had of these seemingly nonexistent accessories, someone could have walked past the Clay County SO Dept. with these on their persons and no one would have even noticed. We didn't even hear about the "lunch box" until AMW two weeks after she disappeared. Another thing that really strikes me as odd is the initial picture of Somer that was released. It appears it was about 3 years old- if your child is missing, aren't you going to want people to know what the kid looks like NOW, and not years ago? Sorry, there are just so many things about this case that bother me.

I so agree with the many things in this case bothering me also...

I still can't get the thoughts out of my head about the media interviews outside when Somer first missing.. the mom talking and her mother and father behind her and the look on their faces.. in the eyes ... like they didn't believe a word dt was saying about things she would say about Somer..

am I the only one seeing this??? as a parent or when someone we know is lying we have that look like I can't believe they are saying this. knowing the truth shows in ppl eyes.. I think anyway.
sometimes I even felt the sheriff knew this in the interviews with her.

no one is going to say anything but I hope it comes out in court or sunshine laws kick in and we get the goods then..

I have a feeling we are going to say yep we were right about a lot on how Somer was raised..
I hope I am wrong but I don't think so ..

I can't find where early in the threads someone said that DT had 5 kids, not 4, like sadnpod is saying now. Perhaps it wasn't sadnpod that said it back then, but I do remember its having come up earlier. I'll go back through my links tomorrow and see if maybe I saved it. Oh, geez. It just dawned on me that maybe I read it on a local media web site? GRRR!!!!!!!!
Well, I'll look.
Thank you so much for your help!
G'night, all. Maybe tomorrow...

I can't find it. Perhaps it wasn't sadnpod that said it. But I do remember its having come up earlier. I'll go back through my links tomorrow and see if maybe I saved it. Oh, geez. It just dawned on me that maybe I read it on another web site? GRRR!!!!!!!!
Well, I'll look.
G'night, all. Maybe tomorrow...

I'm not sure what you're looking for. Oh ... the 5 children thing?

I so agree with the many things in this case bothering me also...

I still can't get the thoughts out of my head about the media interviews outside when Somer first missing.. the mom talking and her mother and father behind her and the look on their faces.. in the eyes ... like they didn't believe a word dt was saying about things she would say about Somer..

am I the only one seeing this??? as a parent or when someone we know is lying we have that look like I can't believe they are saying this. knowing the truth shows in ppl eyes.. I think anyway.
sometimes I even felt the sheriff knew this in the interviews with her.

no one is going to say anything but I hope it comes out in court or sunshine laws kick in and we get the goods then..

I have a feeling we are going to say yep we were right about a lot on how Somer was raised..
I hope I am wrong but I don't think so ..

Yes, MommaD - there are many things about this case that are odd. First & foremost is that over and over when I try to post, my computer locks up, or something weird happens with the connection! But seriously, yes, there are unexplainable aspects to this case that defy reason, which is why I decided to become a member of WS and started posting!
I believe there are many things people want to say, but don't, because there is no concrete evidence.
There are certain details (or the lack thereof) concerning this case that don't add up and never will (until this case is solved). Is it because we don't have enough inside info, or is it because someone is covering up something? IDK!
One thing I have faith in is the ability of those outside a situation (especially those with life experience) to observe and notice things that may go undetected by those too close to a situation. Forest for the trees, and all.

When I watch the videos, I perceive things that give me pause. I recognize disparities between what is being said and the look in a person's eyes, the tension in the facial musculature, or the cadence of their speech, or their hand movements, or how they don't answer the question asked and instead talk about something else, or how they interrupt themselves mid-sentence and start talking about something else entirely, etc. But it's all circumstantial. And all I'm left with are my doubts and observations.

So, in answer to your question "Am I the only one seeing this?"
No, you're not. I see it, as well. I think many others see it, too.
But what are we to do about it?

http://jacksonville.com/news/metro/2009-10-20/story/give_me_my_baby_back_pleads_mother_of_missing_orange_park_girl_somer_ren

[snipped....cuz ST says so himself:] Thompson, Somer's father, said his daughter has four sibilings, including a twin brother. He said he and Somer's mother, Diena, are going through a divorce and that he last saw Somer about two years ago when she visited him.

And I take it that sibling that I didn't notice-the fifth one, wasn't mentioned in the obit? Now I find that more than incredibly horribly weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raine73