FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #32

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thirty-two threads and I still don't have a real suspect in mind.

My nameless faceless real estate type?
A former neighbor?

OUCH...that hurt (j/k Im pretty sure that wasn't aimed my way at least I hope not).

But on a serious note and sort of O/T, Sad, I found the pics of the twins as newborns, and I have also come across a video tape of their first weeks home, when the aunt came to help out DT and ST. I wanted to get these copied and send them to the family after the holidays. I just want to make sure that ST can handle it....do you think he's ready?

I am outta here for a couple of days....I wish you all a Merry Christmas....enjoy the time with your families....those are precious moments.

Most Sincerely,
4mer

She seemed to be enjoying many parts of the fund raisers, got up on stage and sang. She was ebullient and very upbeat thanking the community. I have sincere doubts that AT is capable of having fun right now. Since there are no targeted suspects, the poor little girl was the last person to be reponsible for her EVEN to being ordered out of the house twice to finish her job. Then she had to come back having failed. Then I am sure she was interrogated about what she might have said to set Somer off running. No matter how many people (allegedly) say it wasn't her fault, she was supposed to keep her sister safe and her sister got murdered. As for ST having fun, DT said herself he is devastated having lost his twin. Somer's room was re-decorated because of this.

No, I am sure DT was talking about FUN. And I wonder if LE being around the home, plus her still being a suspect has put a significant damper on her former activities.

BBM

DT is a suspect? I missed that release from LE.
Saying no one has been cleared is not the same as saying everyone is a suspect IMO.
DT has not been named a suspect as far as I know.

Did I miss something?

OUCH...that hurt (j/k Im pretty sure that wasn't aimed my way at least I hope not).

But on a serious note and sort of O/T, Sad, I found the pics of the twins as newborns, and I have also come across a video tape of their first weeks home, when the aunt came to help out DT and ST. I wanted to get these copied and send them to the family after the holidays. I just want to make sure that ST can handle it....do you think he's ready?

I am outta here for a couple of days....I wish you all a Merry Christmas....enjoy the time with your families....those are precious moments.

Most Sincerely,
4mer

ha ha that former neighbor thing was funny... ST would cherish those tapes I am sure and no matter when it happens, I dont think he can get ready for it, but Im sure its one of those things that will be worth the pain.

Merry Christmas to you and yours as well... yes they are the most precious moments.

Merry Christmas or Happy Hanukkah
To all of WS , the families and friends of little Somer, all of LE everywhere and all people of good will

Who could HAVE fun 3 weeks after their child was murdered and thrown in the trash anyway? I can't think of ANYTHING or any situation where I would be having any fun. I can't see how I would be able to smile, eat, sleep, or go on TV for interviews or fund raisers- I can't see how I would even be able to function, much less have fun.

Someone who has other children that need to learn its ok to smile, or have fun, no matter how hard it may be? U wouldnt get some choices, like being able to function. 4 them u would just have to, wouldn't you?

Since the video Ccane and I were talking about was Diena three weeks after Somer went missing, I don't think her having fun at the fundraisers applies. I'm not really sure when the first fundraiser was. I have a section of that in the Facts that needs major updating.

Also, the article that ccane posted about the 5 year old having walked home with Somer ... the article still exists online; however, that part has been removed. My assumption was that it was incorrect. The attempted abduction was not an abduction after all according to LE. I wonder what the mom thinks now ... did she accept that explanation? What about the woman who followed the little girl home to make sure she was safe? I still wonder why the Sheriff turned that press conference over to two civilians. Maybe in order to get first-hand report but at the same time, he was telling us to not assume the two were connected.

4mer.naybor ... OMG no way! I did not mean you.

But I saw a video in which former neighbors (don't suspect them either) mentioned that Somer used to come play with their dog and I wondered whether there could have been someone else who Somer visited or who saw Somer riding scooter, coming home ahead of (or behind) siblings, going through neighborhood to see if anyone could play, etc., and although that person no longer lives on or around Horton, they do still live in the area.

I havent watched any videos of fund raisers and its painful to look at the videos over and over again, but someone told me that they thought AT might have been singing at the last fund raiser.. has anyone seen this and if so, can you please link it to me? TIA very much....

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays to all and to all a good night.

Someone who has other children that need to learn its ok to smile, or have fun, no matter how hard it may be? U wouldnt get some choices, like being able to function. 4 them u would just have to, wouldn't you?

If this is the case and she is putting on a front pretending to have fun there would be know reason to feel guilty.
The only way to feel guilty for having fun ...is having fun

Merry Christmas to everyone here. My computer's been down-couldn't log in. Sometimes I could read, sometimes I just got a gray screen, sometimes it kicked me off the internet entirely.
So-I'm back to my old computer, just in time to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas, and to remind us all, once again, to pray to your God, your higher power, for this crime to be solved (and in doing so, perhaps solve or prevent others) and to pray that this website will no longer need to exist-that we can live in harmony and in peace.
God bless us, every one.

Since the video Ccane and I were talking about was Diena three weeks after Somer went missing, I don't think her having fun at the fundraisers applies. I'm not really sure when the first fundraiser was. I have a section of that in the Facts that needs major updating.

Also, the article that ccane posted about the 5 year old having walked home with Somer ... the article still exists online; however, that part has been removed. My assumption was that it was incorrect. The attempted abduction was not an abduction after all according to LE. I wonder what the mom thinks now ... did she accept that explanation? What about the woman who followed the little girl home to make sure she was safe? I still wonder why the Sheriff turned that press conference over to two civilians. Maybe in order to get first-hand report but at the same time, he was telling us to not assume the two were connected.

4mer.naybor ... OMG no way! I did not mean you.

But I saw a video in which former neighbors (don't suspect them either) mentioned that Somer used to come play with their dog and I wondered whether there could have been someone else who Somer visited or who saw Somer riding scooter, coming home ahead of (or behind) siblings, going through neighborhood to see if anyone could play, etc., and although that person no longer lives on or around Horton, they do still live in the area.

LOL I know you didn't....you know how the rumor mill is.....those other sites have me and Sad as prime suspects already....gotta have our alibis in check. hahaha no harm done :)

ha ha that former neighbor thing was funny... ST would cherish those tapes I am sure and no matter when it happens, I dont think he can get ready for it, but Im sure its one of those things that will be worth the pain.

Merry Christmas to you and yours as well... yes they are the most precious moments.

Gaaaaah, ok, just make sure that someone very caring and sensitive is with him when he watches the tape....it has got to be heartbreaking....for anyone to watch.

See you on the other side of Christmas!

snipped....

Sad....I had saved the article ...the part is still there..

Article also mentiones another attempted abduction at the JR High where a black SUV was involved.

Yeah I remember reading how Somer would visit them and their dog. Child did visit alot of people....

Also about the treehouse. Have we found any?

Everyone have a safe and wonderful Christmas....

Oops

http://jacksonville.com/news/metro/..._mother_of_missing_orange_park_girl_somer_ren

merry christmas eve everyone. There are alot of posters that think I am a DT basher. I dont think this is true. If anything I think I have repeatedly talked myself into believing that she had nothing to do with somers death. Just as I have talked myself into believing that ST had many road blocks that kept him from seeing his kids.

I too have been through a bad divorce many moons ago. My ex took my 2 yr old and kept her from me for months. I was broke and didnt have dependable car, she too was over 500 miles away. LE in that state did not help me. This was "his" state. In those days each parent could get custody in their state. Thankfully this changed to the custodial parents state having venue in these cases. What I am trying to say is that NO road blocks (and there were many) kept me from getting to my child, because she was my priority. She is almost 30 now (yikes) and still comments on how no matter where she was, I would move heaven and earth to find her. I would have faced the devil himself to see my child. I still would.
My four yr old gdaughter has several backpacks, so does my 4 yr old grandson. They pack toys etc, in them. And in defense of the mismatched socks... socks arent something that is needed in fl until oct, when the weather gets chilly. This was our first cold weather and maybe she was just glad to find a "pair of socks" that day. This could also be why she remembered them so vividly. That is had gotten cold when she picked out her clothes.. I myself have been glad to have found any pair of socks at this time of year, and searching for any pair of socks and finally finding two that match each other would make you remember the ones you finally found. (with a mental note that I need to get the kid some socks)

I have personally felt DTs wrath, at least through eye contact. Her look was one of pure hatred. Maybe it was because I was with ST. Maybe it was because she knows I am a ws member and have called her out on her dress choice and lack of supervision for these kids. But she was obviously trying to intimidate me with her glare, and honestly it worked, it was that fierce. I shook it off quickly, but I remember wondering if she had ever glared at somer when she was angry in that way. Just how bad is this womans temper?

I personally am going back to the beginning on my thoughts of everyone involved in this case and try to squash any of my preconceived notions regarding them. ST can think Im on his side, DT can think I am against her. I am neither. I am both. I want justice for somer. I want the other kids to be someones priority. NO matter what each thinks of me or who I am "for".. I will tell the truth as I see it... thanks to all of you I can see more clearly now.

Are you saying this happened at the viewing or funeral? If so That's unbelievable!
I would think the complete and utter devastation over her child's murder would be so overwhelming and engulfing that nothing else in the entire world would matter at that time. BBM

Even if you told the truth?

Noway, Your above answer was in response to my writing about a person's past statements. I will let Prof. James Duane of Regent Law School famous video be my reply.

Youtube.com "Why You Should Never Talk to the Police" !

I don't know - I agree with you on all accounts. Everything is about HER - on so many different accounts in the videos. Where you would expect her to talk more about the family and Somer. How this is so wrong for Somer - yes, few mentions but the latter overdoes it.

I swear that human lie detector website had to be that original poster who showed up here the first week that Somer went missing and told us to REALLY look at what mom is saying - and not saying-- and her body movements. I was TOTALLY on mom's side and was not suspicious at all - I have a weak case of trying to see the good in all people. My opinion changed over time. I am not saying mom played direct role in what happend to Somer but she is not being upfront about something!!! Anyway, they did a few things on Diena and mostly what your saying is the conclusion this person came up with.

I have also been to the site you are referring to in the past. I found the insights on there to be very interesting and in many cases quite illuminating.
It is a case where body language and words spoken and not spoken, actions taken and not, are very telling.

My own views had a radical change early on. The first fundraiser was held, as I mentioned recently, just 4 days after S's body was found we are told in a horrific way. Most people's reaction would not be to hold a fundraising CARNIVAL for children 1 day before the viewing and 2 days before the funeral.

Because it is Christmas, my concerns then are even more so now. No child wants to be forced to have Fun at a time like that. If she felt guilty having fun, why put your children in such an awkward position. Now, the gifts they received then and now may be due in large part to those very funds raised over and over. How sad for them. I feel very sorry about the situation from their standpoint, and wish them peace and hope.

Does the cut of DT's clothing, or the way she glared at someone have a bearing on WHO murdered her child?

Just curious.

Does the cut of DT's clothing, or the way she glared at someone have a bearing on WHO murdered her child?

Just curious.

Yes. If you consider that a person's inner self and lifestyle are often revealed through their outer forms of expression. And that that revealed self and lifestyle would bring people into the world of the child.

I just stopped by to wish everyone here a blessed Christmas. I was lucky enough to be able to go to church today, so I prayed there for Somer and her family, and that God's Justice will be served, and that He will choose to exact it in a timely way (earth time). As for Somer, she knows everything about it, and the bad things are over with. She can live without any fear at all. God Bless all of you.

If you watch all of the interviews, she speaks about how she feels; she speaks about "it"; she speaks about what SHE did for Somer "put her hair in a ponytail; about her reactions to the news; she ONLY speaks about Somer specifically when asked a specific question, and then she speak in cliches; and finally, when asked about the other children and how they are coping, she gives vague answers or says she really does not know. Originally this was because she was "separated from them because of the media" (blame) and then she really "felt uncomfortable about talking with them" and lets the "experts" handle it.

The only recollections I have of her bringing up Somer was in reference to the "it's NOT OKAY TO PUT MY BABY IN THE TRASH", and when she tells people the reason she is saturating the tv is to keep Somer's memory alive.

To continue my response about the interviews. There is not an instance I can recall on any of them, that would be considered an exculpatory statement. Each and every one has some element of a questionable nature explicit or inferred. I think there could have been good reason to encourage media appearances even if they were not in a Q&A format. Just as you have demonstrated in your post. Many of her quotes could easily be taken out and examined by LE or others as we have all done here at one time or another.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member