FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #34

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Please-lead the way! Feel free to give us something else, someone else, to sleuth. What suggestions do you have? Share. so that others can also sleuth. We need to be proactive.

I actually think we sleuthed it all already.To death.We really had not much to go on in the first place.I honestly right now am just waiting on what LE find out on the DNA evidence and results.I pray it leads to Somers killers and her killer is convicted.I don't know what else to do any more.But wait to see what happens.I hope we hear something soon.

I would actually like to know more about the crew members and who they knew.I would like to know who kyle really is.I would like to know more about the lady who said to check the dumpster at the Gano house and why she suggested for them to check.I would like to know more about the 2 fights little Somer got into.Mainly with the little girl on the way home from school.I would like to know if there was any sexual assault to Somer.I would like to know alot.But they are not saying much.

I would actually like to know more about the crew members and who they knew.I would like to know who kyle really is.I would like to know more about the lady who said to check the dumpster at the Gano house and why she suggested for them to check.I would like to know more about the 2 fights little Somer got into.Mainly with the little girl on the way home from school.I would like to know if there was any sexual assault to Somer.I would like to know alot.But they are not saying much.
Go for it! Too bad, but we can't wait for 'them' to say things. Unfortunately, that's why there's a need for WebSleuths. Fortunately, we are here.

One thing I am curious of is apparantly Kyle said somer walked to the back of the house on Gano.What's in the back of the Gano house.I wish we had a map,picture looking down on the area.Who lived in back of the house on Gano and on the sides of the house?I remember someone saying there were teenage boys?I'm interested what was all in the back yard of the house on Gano.Also was there soot any where at the house on Gano and where was it?

Go for it! Too bad, but we can't wait for 'them' to say things. Unfortunately, that's why there's a need for WebSleuths. Fortunately, we are here.

I really feel this is going to be a case that is based on DNA evidence.I hope we hear something soon from LE.

One thing I am curious of is apparantly Kyle said somer walked to the back of the house on Gano.What's in the back of the Gano house.I wish we had a map,picture looking down on the area.Who lived in back of the house on Gano and on the sides of the house?I remember someone saying there were teenage boys?I'm interested what was all in the back yard of the house on Gano.Also was there soot any where at the house on Gano and where was it?

1. Soot-the Gano house had been in a fire.

2. In the beginning of all of this, there are many ,many maps. Look on the beginning threads.

3. Look on people search sites and you will find out the names of neighbors. I can't remember which ones I found neighbor names. Maybe someone else can say? They change so much over time so I don't remember because the ones I used to think are good aren't that good anymore.

Is it Pipl or 411?

There are Bing maps and zillow maps that you can see things with as well as Google Earth.

I am awaiting your insights into any of this.

you never fail until you quit trying!

It's my understanding that the reports such as given by the reporter in the article with the screaming headline are not over as of yet.

That there is plenty more information available just waiting for verification and documentation which may or may not answer possible reasons why autopsy results are not available, not only to the public, but to family member(s) due to the ongoing criminal investigation. So it is a good idea to keep checking the Jacksonville area news sources and especially enlightening are comments from readers who do or do not have opinions on the articles.

Of course, bear in mind that all articles must meet with editorial approval, and that the editor has the final authority to publish what s/he feels is pertinent and newsworthy.

Yes, since LE is being so closed about information, the only possible way to learn more would be for someone who lives in the area to give information about the normal routines of Somer - such as running off, etc., as this has been established. If she routinely ran off, as we now know she did, certainly neighbors sw her and could pinpoint possible places she might have gone. It's been established that she was a friendly child who often wen to neighbors' houses looking for someone to play with. Where do these people live and what routes did she take to get there, and who might have been watching her do this who would follow her and be there waiting?

Since she did this a lot, and went to various areas, there were many opportunitites for a variety of people to grab her.

I would like to know more about the neighbor who said she did not give a ride to Somer because her car was full. How long did she give rides and why did she let the car get full? How many kids did she give rides to, and did she give rides to some and not to others? We know one thing, Somer was off running around.

2. In the beginning of all of this, there are many ,many maps. Look on the beginning threads.

3. Look on people search sites and you will find out the names of neighbors. I can't remember which ones I found neighbor names. Maybe someone else can say? They change so much over time so I don't remember because the ones I used to think are good aren't that good anymore.

Is it Pipl or 411?

There are Bing maps and zillow maps that you can see things with as well as Google Earth.

Thank you for helping me.I know the house on Gano had been on fire.I wanted to know where soot was at that house to possibly give me an idea of where this could have possibly happened.I don't think we were told where soot was at.I've seen the maps.Hopefully if we get a forum for Somer they will all be in one place for easy access to all the pictures,maps and information.They did not have a picture map of the house area looking down.I saw a picture map of the Anthony house like that and it really explained alot to me the set up of the house and yard and the cadaver dog hits.

Is it Pipl or 411?

I'm just very interested and confused how apparantly no one heard anything.Screams,fighting ????

Ms,
Sleuth, sleuth, sleuth! I look forward to your results!

We've already done all this.I'm letting the police do thier job.It's thier case.Not mine.I wish there was more information to sleuth.There 's not much to do if there nothing really out there to sleuth.I think we pretty much know all the information out there.I think we need to wait untill more information comes out.

Dear Posters:

I realize now that when I posted this at the beginning of this thread

" Stay on topic. This thread is about Somer, not about how one should parent, how safe one feels in one's city, what one's curfew was as a teen, etc. This thread is about Somer. If you want to start a thread on another topic, go to the Jury room and start it there. This thread is about Somer."

I wasn't as clear as I wanted to be.

I should have written

" Stay on topic. This thread is about Somer, not about how you parent, how safe you feel in your city, what your curfew was as a teen, etc. This thread is about Somer. If you want to start a thread on another topic, go to the Jury room and start it there. This thread is about Somer."

Does that make it clearer?

I did not intend to say that you could not discuss how Somer's parents parented her and was surprised that some of you interpreted it that way.

However, this misunderstanding brings up an important point: I am at the point of wondering if we should indeed say that the parenting of Somer is a topic that is off-limits. It seems to have been thoroughly discussed and argued, and I know there's not agreement amongst posters on that topic. It has reached the point of "beating a dead horse," so to speak.

Therefore, this is what I am going to say:

For now and until the mods decide otherwise, please stop discussing how Somer was parented.

The mods will post here again about a final decision on this once we actually reach a decision.

No one is in trouble about this, so don't worry.

And please don't PM me about what you think we ought to decide. Argh! :)

Thank you so much for your patience with me and your commitment to Somer's case,

Hoppy
mod

I'm just very interested and confused how apparantly no one heard anything.Screams,fighting ????

Because she willingly went with someone she knew and trusted and that person knew where to find her, and knew she would not fight or scream, because she knew and trusted that person.

Dear Posters:

I realize now that when I posted this at the beginning of this thread

" Stay on topic. This thread is about Somer, not about how one should parent, how safe one feels in one's city, what one's curfew was as a teen, etc. This thread is about Somer. If you want to start a thread on another topic, go to the Jury room and start it there. This thread is about Somer."

I wasn't as clear as I wanted to be.

I should have written

" Stay on topic. This thread is about Somer, not about how you parent, how safe you feel in your city, what your curfew was as a teen, etc. This thread is about Somer. If you want to start a thread on another topic, go to the Jury room and start it there. This thread is about Somer."

Does that make it clearer?

I did not intend to say that you could not discuss how Somer's parents parented her and was surprised that some of you interpreted it that way.

However, this misunderstanding brings up an important point: I am at the point of wondering if we should indeed say that the parenting of Somer is a topic that is off-limits. It seems to have been thoroughly discussed and argued, and I know there's not agreement amongst posters on that topic. It has reached the point of "beating a dead horse," so to speak.

Therefore, this is what I am going to say:

For now and until the mods decide otherwise, please stop discussing how Somer was parented.

The mods will post here again about a final decision on this once we actually reach a decision.

No one is in trouble about this, so don't worry.

And please don't PM me about what you think we ought to decide. Argh! :)

Thank you so much for your patience with me and your commitment to Somer's case,

Hoppy
mod

Thank you Hoppy....can we discuss how Somer was NOT parented?

I must say that I pray daily for Somer Thompson and that her killer is found. I am not a regular poster to her thread as of late because of the arguing. When I read I feel caught in the spin cycle of a wash machine....

It is a back forth back forth between yes no yes no. (in terms of opinions)

Thanks for setting it straight Hoppy. I hope that in the near future there is more info released to sleuth and help this case come to a close.

Because she willingly went with someone she knew and trusted and that person knew where to find her, and knew she would not fight or scream, because she knew and trusted that person.

From comments that I have read, even from DT saying that Somer didn't know a stranger, I think that she must have trusted anyone.

Seems like she would go with anyone who wanted to do anything-see a puppy, get a ride home, come and talk about why you are mad, anything.

The trouble is, in this case, we have absolutely NO evidence that points ANYWHERE. To my knowledge, LE is the only one who has any evidence, and they are not releasing it. Last I heard, there have not even been any updates from LE asking people to look for the book bag/backpack, be on the look out for anything or anyone in a long time. Could this mean they have found the book bag/backpack? Scarf and hat? They say they have a lot of evidence, but we have basically none.

DT, from what we know from posters on news sites, worked at the OP office that day....this office is between Debarry and the Jr. High, on Kingsley Ave....just a hop skip and jump from Somer's school, and home......Somer left school with her siblings and was last seen at the Gano home around 2:45. The other children arrived home at 3:05 without Somer....SP sent them out to look for her, AT returns in 15 min, he sent her out again to look, before he called DT....she looks for an hour this time....then texts were made back and forth between DT and SP....DT leaves work unannounced....to go look for Somer.....AC gets out of school at 3:45 approx, by the time he gets home, say 30 min, has a drink, snack, complains of having to go find Somer again, I am guessing the time is about4:30.....DT should have already been home by this time since work is like 5 min driving time from the office......Why would AC be already looking at the ball park when DT got off of work....this makes no sense to me......DT states that she got off work, went to the park, and AC had already been searching there....not possible, unless he left school early that day....MO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mascaraguns