FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #36

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Go to the duvalclerk.com, search and you will find a traffic ticket that RJW got on 1/7/10, click to view the image of the ticket.

Nice work. I looked up his record at the Duval Clerk site but didn't think to go that far into it. So he lives about 1 1/2 miles away from where Somer was last seen at the Gano house. Not close enough to throw more suspicion on his brother but we do know for sure he may have had a reason to be in the general area.

Matthew John W.
BD - 03/18/88
21yo

Not to be confused with Matthew A. W. who is 21yo

The criminal records and non criminal records so far are:

1. Reckless driving
2. Domestic battery
3. Burglary
4. invalid drivers license (at least 3X )

ETA: And who knows what his juvi records hold!

BBM

I read a reply to a blog and it was very very interesting. The author says that he thinks the murderer is a homeless person. He says the police had chased the homeless out of Jacksonville and some may have gone into the woods on Somer's path. It would be very likely this is why they are having problems finding who did this. If in fact it is a homeless person, this case will be very difficult to solve.

I read a reply to a blog and it was very very interesting. The author says that he thinks the murderer is a homeless person. He says the police had chased the homeless out of Jacksonville and some may have gone into the woods on Somer's path. It would be very likely this is why they are having problems finding who did this. If in fact it is a homeless person, this case will be very difficult to solve.

do you have a link for this?

When the super bowl came to JAX, they literally removed all the homeless people from downtown jax and gave it a complete makeover. Downtown is still an upclass, nice place to live since then. lots of nice loft apartments were built. Seems most of the homeless people were routed to orange park and Northside which are the least expensive places to live in jax. I know LE patrols downtown and the beaches to keep homeless people away from these areas. Tourist and business people dont want to see homeless folks, kwim?

The Westside and Northside are the not the best places to live.They are pretty bad.There are alot of drugs in the Northside.People stay away from there.Mayport is not too good any more either.The beaches are ok.The southside is the best place to live.Jacksonville is not good at taking care of the homeless or helping at all.Homeless people will usually be near AA meetings,club houses,churches,Salvation Armies,YMCA's,food banks,parks,woods ect.....Any where they think people will help them.It's sad.I personally do not feel it's a homeless person.But you never know.It could be.I'm still very curious about the Van they found near there?Where was that found again?I do not have any of my information anymore.

Is the Orange Park neighborhood the wonderful place that the residents thought it was? I suppose like every neighborhood it had its not so good areas/streets.

Bumping for Somer.

I hope and pray if there is a connection with this guy there will be evidence to prove it.

Still praying for justice.

Bumping for Somer.

I hope and pray if there is a connection with this guy there will be evidence to prove it.

Still praying for justice.

Thank you.I was just about to bump her up too.I pray we hear something too and there is an arrest of someone soon.

Yes,Justice for little Somer

Neighbors on Alert after Attempted Abduction
Created: 2/10/2010 4:18:13 PM
Updated: 2/10/2010 4:43:01 PM
<snipped>
Neighbors received notices on their doors about a Child Abduction-Predator Alert.

According to the notice, an 11-year-old child was riding her bike home from Alimacani Elementary School Wednesday when she stopped to tie her shoe on Las Brisas Way in the Pable Creek neighborhood. That's when a man in his 40s told the child her bike tire was flat and if she would follow him home, he would fix it for her, according to police.

The girl told police she started riding away and the man yelled, "Come back, we can go to my house and fix your tire," while chasing her. He couldn't catch up.

At the conclusion of the notice, it said: Let's not forget that Somer Thompson's abductor and killer is still on the loose.

Police say he is in his 40s, 6'2" and 190 pounds with short dark hair. The girl said she believes she's seen this man around her school before but with a different dog.

Article:
http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/local/news-article.aspx?storyid=151857&catid=3

:angel:

This is scary.It's closer to where I know in Duval county.I believe they made a mistake.It's Pablo creek.Not Pable creek.

Neighbors on Alert after Attempted Abduction
Created: 2/10/2010 4:18:13 PM
Updated: 2/10/2010 4:43:01 PM
<snipped>
Neighbors received notices on their doors about a Child Abduction-Predator Alert.

According to the notice, an 11-year-old child was riding her bike home from Alimacani Elementary School Wednesday when she stopped to tie her shoe on Las Brisas Way in the Pable Creek neighborhood. That's when a man in his 40s told the child her bike tire was flat and if she would follow him home, he would fix it for her, according to police.

The girl told police she started riding away and the man yelled, "Come back, we can go to my house and fix your tire," while chasing her. He couldn't catch up.

At the conclusion of the notice, it said: Let's not forget that Somer Thompson's abductor and killer is still on the loose.

Police say he is in his 40s, 6'2" and 190 pounds with short dark hair. The girl said she believes she's seen this man around her school before but with a different dog.

Article:
http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/local/news-article.aspx?storyid=151857&catid=3

:angel:

I assume he wasn't in a car?He was walking a dog?He never came forward?I wanted to point out a comment in the article about Somer living 25,30 miles away.If Somers killer was local would he/she have stayed local or tried to move and get away a little further.

I assume he wasn't in a car?He was walking a dog?He never came forward?I wanted to point out a comment in the article about Somer living 25,30 miles away.If Somers killer was local would he/she have stayed local or tried to move and get away a little further.

Thanks for these links Ms Suzanne!

This 40yo man was walking a dog - and chased the child on her bike? Makes me wonder what would have happened if he caught up with the little girl. Was he near woods or his home? Sounds very desperate to me! moo

And all of this is happening around schools. The body was found not far from a school. The girl who was riding a bike was riding home from school.

Somer was walking home from school.

These POSs know where to snatch kids.

I've seen it stated several times on here that a lot of WSers don't think Somer could have been just snatched that time of day with no one seeing. These recent stories should shed some new light on it. These predetors are very "skilled" in their tactics and will try anything to get what they want.

Just like the guy telling the 11 year old to come to his house and he would fix her bike. An 11 year old who has most likely heard Somers story didn't do it.
But, would a 7 year old beleive a similar story?
IMO a stranger could have told Somer something he knew would work on a 7 year old and that's why nobody saw any kind of struggle or heard screaming.

JMO

And all of this is happening around schools. The body was found not far from a school. The girl who was riding a bike was riding home from school.

Somer was walking home from school.

These POSs know where to snatch kids.

I've seen it stated several times on here that a lot of WSers don't think Somer could have been just snatched that time of day with no one seeing. These recent stories should shed some new light on it. These predetors are very "skilled" in their tactics and will try anything to get what they want.

Just like the guy telling the 11 year old to come to his house and he would fix her bike. An 11 year old who has most likely heard Somers story didn't do it.
But, would a 7 year old beleive a similar story?
IMO a stranger could have told Somer something he knew would work on a 7 year old and that's why nobody saw any kind of struggle or heard screaming.

JMO

I agree. Children do get snatched in broad daylight, with no witnesses. It doesn't happen often but it does happen.
Predators are skilled at luring their prey as to not attract attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raine73