FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #38

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I assume the sister has children. Anyone know? A simple yes would suffice. TIA

yes. If the right person has been named as his sister on her facebook page it shows her with two small children. A little girl that is about 4 and a little boy that is younger.

I don't think it's odd that a 20yo in Feb. '09 (one year prior) didn't bring the computer with *advertiser censored* to the police - maybe he didn't give it to his dad because he didn't have access to it.

The step-daughter and her fiancee, after confronting JH were left with the computer. They had the time to check for *advertiser censored*...and they found it, gave it to dad who brought it in to police. Doesn't seem strange to me at all. moo

Let's remember 8 years prior, at age 16, JH's own stepfather passed it off as a 'passing phase'.

ETA: not always easy to turn in those close to you - weren't the parents of JH the Godparents of one of Buch. children? I'm not remembering the specifics. mho

I'll change the timeline when I get back from dinner but consider this and let me know if it makes sense. It makes more sense to me than what I had but I don't know if it is actually fact. :)

POSSIBLE TIMELINE
Feb. 2009 CORRECTION August 2008 (as in "a year ago" from the interview time) Rod Buchanan's stepson sees *advertiser censored* icon (or actual *advertiser censored*) on Jarred's computer.

June 2009
(as in "later that year" and "a couple of months" in answer to how long did JH live with your stepdaughter) Jarred moves in with Rod Buchanan's stepdaughter and her fiance.

August 4, 2009 Jarred is kicked out of apartment.

August 10, 2009 Rod Buchanan's stepdaughter and fiance find *advertiser censored* on computer (Rod said it was like at 1 a.m. or something and they were at JSO at 8:30 when his wife got off work, but I had read 'the next day' so consider it an estimate).

etc.

Yes eyes4crime, on the video interview RB says that JH's parents are his stepdgt's Godparents.

Lurkeyloo & kmart - is the sister you reference the same woman that JH's mother allowed the old man to marry at age 8?

I'll change the timeline when I get back from dinner but consider this and let me know if it makes sense. It makes more sense to me than what I had but I don't know if it is actually fact. :)

POSSIBLE TIMELINE
Feb. 2009 (as in "a year ago" from the interview time) Rod Buchanan's stepson sees *advertiser censored* icon (or actual *advertiser censored*) on Jarred's computer.

June 2009
(as in "later that year" and "a couple of months" in answer to how long did JH live with your stepdaughter) Jarred moves in with Rod Buchanan's stepdaughter and her fiance.

August 10, 2009 Rod Buchanan's stepdaughter and fiance find *advertiser censored* on computer (Rod said it was like at 1 a.m. or something and they were at JSO at 8:30 when his wife got off work, but I had read 'the next day' so consider it an estimate).

etc.

Great Noway! You might consider adding to Aug. 4th (for clarity) - Jarred is kicked out of apartment; he left his computer behind. Could someone tell me what JSO means? lol TIA

Great Noway! You might consider adding to Aug. 4th (for clarity) - Jarred is kicked out of apartment; he left his computer behind. Could someone tell me what JSO means? lol TIA

Jacksonville Sheriff's Office

Yes eyes4crime, on the video interview RB says that JH's parents are his stepdgt's Godparents.

Lurkeyloo & kmart - is the sister you reference the same woman that JH's mother allowed the old man to marry at age 8?

yes, she is the same girl. Looks to be very normal, but who knows!!

Yes indeed his sister is the one their mom let "marry" the creep when she was 8 yrs old, and this same sister has at least two kids per her FB page picture. JH was apparently using their address on his booking sheet, in FL on Rolling River Blvd. When I saw the blacked-out portion of his warrants my heart sank thinking about his niece and other young relatives he had access to. I think the couple looking at his computer heard about it, maybe from the stepson who saw it the year before. Ugh.

Why oh why did no one ever call the police? His stepdad who saw the CP when he was 16, the other family knew in 2008. All MHO of course.

POSSIBLE TIMELINE
Feb. 2009 (as in "a year ago" from the interview time) Rod Buchanan's stepson sees *advertiser censored* icon (or actual *advertiser censored*) on Jarred's computer.

June 2009

etc.

I'll add the "leaves computer behind"

FWIW, I'm getting info from others that say the *advertiser censored* on computer was August 2008.

I have a moment to watch the video. How I edit the time line will remain a mystery until then.

ETA
It is August 2008. I transcribed the beginning of Rod's statement and am working on the rest. But he clearly states that it was a year prior to them kicking JH out and finding the *advertiser censored* (which was August 2009).

I've started transcribing Rod Buchanan's TV interview (uncut). This answers the question about why the computer was left there and why they got on the computer.

IMO, the stepdaughter and fiance did not know about the 2008 *advertiser censored*. I think only the stepson did, RB and LB did, and JH's parents (AD and GLD II).

snipped from [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4853502&postcount=6"]here[/ame]

R. BUCHANAN: Um, back in August, or actually a little before August, Harrell was asked to move out of his parents’ home on Gano. Um, they used the excuse that they wanted him to get out on his own, become a man, and take care of hisself.

(Coughs) Excuse me. He didn’t have anywhere to go, and, uh, so they had called our daughter and asked if he could move in with them, be a roommate, and they said sure. While he was there, some things came up missing.

Um, they went out one night while he was asleep, searched his car, found their iPod that he had stolen, woke him up in the middle of the night and told him he had to get out or they were gonna call the police. And, uh, he left his computer and a bunch of disks and asked if they, you know, would keep hold of it until he could find a place to go.

During that time, about a week passed, since they hadn’t heard from him, uh, conversation came up about the possibility that child *advertiser censored* being found on his computer by our, at the time, minor son a year prior to this.

So they went out and turned the computer on and saw things nobody should have to see. At that point they became very emotionally upset, called her mother at work, told her about it.

And we took it to JSO (Jacksonville Sheriffs Office) thinking that was where we needed to take it. Once we handed everything over to JSO, they then sent it back to Clay County to be processed, and Detective Eckhart took over from there.

Yes indeed his sister is the one their mom let "marry" the creep when she was 8 yrs old, and this same sister has at least two kids per her FB page picture. JH was apparently using their address on his booking sheet, in FL on Rolling River Blvd. When I saw the blacked-out portion of his warrants my heart sank thinking about his niece and other young relatives he had access to. I think the couple looking at his computer heard about it, maybe from the stepson who saw it the year before. Ugh.

Why oh why did no one ever call the police? His stepdad who saw the CP when he was 16, the other family knew in 2008. All MHO of course.

IF it was his niece, then IMO that explains why it was never reported, because Sis was raised to believe this is 'normal' behaviour (and sorry... I don't believe stepdad waited for God's stamp of approval, KWIM?). I really hope CPS is investigating all this.

ETA: I think it's entirely possible that as a child JH witnessed (or experienced) sexual abuse that set him on this course.

http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/Somer%20Thompson/?action=view&current=Jarredthepast.jpg

If I read that right, the sister goes to live with her Howard Harrell right away, while Jarred goes to live with his maternal grandmother, and later with his Howard Harrell.

In 1993, Howard gives them back to Annis, citing that "kids want to be with their momma" ...

Jarred would have been 8. (Is there something about children at age 8 in that family?)

Then it says that Howard lost touch with the kids and didn't see them for "eight years" but indicates it was 2003, which would have been 10 years. And it was 10 years, because Annis was summon to court to end child support. Jarred was 18; his sister 23.

Howard stayed in touch with his daughter, but only saw Jarred 2 times (birth of niece and at Walmart) and Jarred "inexplicably" turned away and did not speak to him at either time.

Um, maybe after some sleep I'll know where I was going with this post. I don't want to delete it though.

I wondered that too. It appears that they cared more about Steven stealing the iPod than about the *advertiser censored*. It was for the iPod that he got kicked out. They just ignored the *advertiser censored*. IMO

Who is Steven? Or did you mean Jarred?

Im thinking they had a hint that he was into child *advertiser censored* by what the younger brother saw. When they kicked him out maybe he didnt know where he was gonna go so he left the computer there. The roommates got nosey and looked at the computer. When they actully saw how deeply JH was into it and the stuff he actually had on there, they were shocked and sickened. I am glad that got nosey and turned this sick man in for what they found. Whether it leads to answers for Somer's family, time will tell. At the least maybe it has saved the child he is accused of molesting, saved her/him more years of this abuse and that this child will be able to get help and counseling.

Some of RB's comments on news sites is that Jarred lied to the police and told them he was not living at the Gano house, and that he used to babysit for his sister.

What I do not understand is this, a year had passed since the Brother had seen the *advertiser censored* icon, so why a year later, what prompted them to look. Why didn't Harrell take the laptop? Its not like it was a desk top . I do recall RB said it was a PC

Yes, Dar, I meant Jarred. Too old to read multiple forums and remember everybody's names. Sometimes I can't even remember my own! Thanks for the correction. I"ll edit my post.

Hey Jokie, Would you please edit your post that was quoted in my comment too....TIA :dance:

I know the feeling Jokie, information overload!

What I do not understand is this, a year had passed since the Brother had seen the *advertiser censored* icon, so why a year later, what prompted them to look. Why didn't Harrell take the laptop? Its not like it was a desk top . I do recall RB said it was a PC

I think a PC usually refers to a desk top computer?

And maybe when the daughter and fiance mentioned to her parents that JH left the computer behind, the parents remembered what the son had seen the year before? And that's when they decided to look around on the PC. Thank goodness they did.

Was just wondering if JH had a "reasonable expectation of privacy" with that; probably not since he left the computer there, and plus the roommates aren't police officers anyway. Just thinking out loud here, MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member