FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #39

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand what you mean. I just didn't want you to take my post the wrong way, that is why I deleted it, I'm new on here and I'm just trying to help in any way I can. I know some of Diena's friends and family, and if there is anything I hear from them, I'm more than happy to share it with you guys, we all want the same thing, it's what brings us together. So please don't take anything I say the wrong way, I'm just trying to help in any way I can, and I'm a very sensitive person, I would never try to be rude or disrespectful to anyone on here, I appreciate everyone on here, and I hope that we can all get to know each other better while working toward a common goal of making some kind of sense out of this.

I didn't take your post the wrong way, you took mine the wrong way. (Can a Mod use magic to get the post back?)

Unless you're LE with CCSO ... :crazy: then I was directing it at you.

Eyes, yesterday we talked about whether CW's address had been given in a news article.

I don't know if this was posted re CW.

Department of Justice Press Release

I read the name and address yesterday in the news release - I just did a NATIONWIDE criminal background check because I saw some doubt...honest you guys - I have no reason to protect this man, but at age 64 with a birthday the day before mine in Sept., he shows up as having NO - NATA -ZIPPO - ZERO - charges of any criminal activity against him. Now I didn't check civil charges, but criminal - NONE! The new one doesn't show up yet, or at least, I didn't look for it. moo

So 64yo *advertiser censored* grandpa appears to have a clean past. Maybe, I have his birthday wrong but that same info also comes up in a background check using the address in the paper. moo

There are little ones, wives, husbands, and extended family at this house - I didn't do a check on all of them, but I think we better leave them alone - or else hoppy will have a busy weekend. lol MOO

Thank you so much, I've just recently gotten the courage to start posting, and you guys make it easy by making me feel at home.

I read the name and address yesterday in the news release - I just did a NATIONWIDE criminal background check because I saw some doubt...honest you guys - I have no reason to protect this man, but at age 64 with a birthday the day before mine in Sept., he shows up as having NO - NATA -ZIPPO - ZERO - charges of any criminal activity against him. Now I didn't check civil charges, but criminal - NONE! The new one doesn't show up yet, or at least, I didn't look for it. moo

So 64yo *advertiser censored* grandpa appears to have a clean past. Maybe, I have his birthday wrong but that same info also comes up in a background check using the address in the paper. moo

There are little ones, wives, husbands, and extended family at this house - I didn't do a check on all of them, but I think we better leave them alone - or else hoppy will have a busy weekend. lol MOO

I also thought about the extended family living in the home. Maybe someone else downloaded the *advertiser censored* in September.

As far as leaving him alone, I don't think anybody has posted anything about him that is not in the news reports. I mean, those reports say they found the *advertiser censored* on his computer while invesigating Somer's case. Not to mention he lives right around the corner from the Thompson home and the man says he knows Somer and she may have spent time in his house.

Nobody has blamed him for the murder.

I don't think we are doing anything against TOS. I may be wrong, and if so, please let me know. I don't feel like going on vacation. :angel:

Eyes, I could not find anything on him either. There are lots of men with that name, but none with ? the Martian middle name. (that was from the DOJ Press Release)

Indigo, my question is for CCSO, not you. How could they write off the RSOs so quickly if she was raped? That's what is mindboggling to me.

I also thought about the extended family living in the home. Maybe someone else downloaded the *advertiser censored* in September.

As far as leaving him alone, I don't think anybody has posted anything about him that is not in the news reports. I mean, those reports say they found the *advertiser censored* on his computer while invesigating Somer's case. Not to mention he lives right around the corner from the Thompson home and the man says he knows Somer and she may have spent time in his house.

Nobody has blamed him for the murder.

I don't think we are doing anything against TOS. I may be wrong, and if so, please let me know. I don't feel like going on vacation. :angel:

I did a search on the other man in the house and found nata - zippo - zero. Maybe *advertiser censored* gramps has not been caught all his life, but he honestly has one of the cleanest records I've seen since being here on WS. lol There are lots of men with records with the name minus the middle name and minus the birthday - not at that address though.

Why he would do something that stupid is beyond me. Sept. is way before any missing child or murder - and his reasoning doesn't make sense...makes me want to go - ya ya ya tell me more Mr. *advertiser censored* gramps. If he's guilty of anything, LE will find out. MOO

There are little ones with moms at that house so I'm worried about them being sleuthed. just not worth it - none of us want to go to vacationville! lol

Eyes, it might be a case of bad reporting but the way it was said in that article -- it makes it sound like he had some type of SO charge but not in Florida.

(ETA: ... police searched the area for sex offenders and other related offenses. Watkins was interviewed as part of that search.)

We do know that some of these states are behind in updating their RSO lists too.

But I wondered if there might have been a police report/DCF report but not enough evidence to charge him.

Eyes, it might be a case of bad reporting but the way it was said in that article -- it makes it sound like he had some type of SO charge but not in Florida.

We do know that some of these states are behind in updating their RSO lists too.

I know - that's why I did a NATIONWIDE criminal search on him, nothing came up. Reporting probably is bad, it's bad in all states.

Maybe I have the wrong birthdate, that's really what has ruled him out of criminal activity, that and his middle name.

If you do a nationwide crim search with just his first and last name, there are plenty that come up. To get his birthdate, I had to do a background check at that address - got the date and did the crim check. Either *advertiser censored* gramps has used other names or he simply has been a good boy all his life and for his 64th birthday, he downloaded *advertiser censored*.

ETA: a police report on a child sex offense would certainly send smoke up in the air for me. Maybe he has been very careful and/or has others covering for him.

If that's the case, LE will be keeping their eye on him.

(ETA: ... police searched the area for sex offenders and other related offenses. Watkins was interviewed as part of that search.)

that could be - I didn't know he was interviewed as a SO. A sex offender comes up in a criminal history search - and if you want to see a picture, you go to the SO sites. He didn't come up at either site. Maybe they are that behind - yikes!:waitasec:

I did a search on the other man in the house and found nata - zippo - zero. Maybe *advertiser censored* gramps has not been caught all his life, but he honestly has one of the cleanest records I've seen since being here on WS. lol There are lots of men with records with the name minus the middle name and minus the birthday - not at that address though.

Why he would do something that stupid is beyond me. Sept. is way before any missing child or murder - and his reasoning doesn't make sense...makes me want to go - ya ya ya tell me more Mr. *advertiser censored* gramps. If he's guilty of anything, LE will find out. MOO

There are little ones with moms at that house so I'm worried about them being sleuthed. just not worth it - none of us want to go to vacationville! lol

BBM

We have not sleuthed anybody in that house with the exception of trying to figure out why CMW was looked into regarding Somer's case.
With the info we have learned about him, we would be crazy not to look into it. It's what we do. IMO

I just think he was not CONVICTED of this type of crime but his name came up in the police search of someone who had been CHARGED.

That's all speculation on my part based on the one article. Before that, I figured he was on the alleged list of people to call if Somer didn't come home right away.

I just think he was not CONVICTED of this type of crime but his name came up in the police search of someone who had been CHARGED.

That's all speculation on my part based on the one article. Before that, I figured he was on the alleged list of people to call if Somer didn't come home right away.

for a criminal offense to show up, you don't need a conviction - it will say 'dismissed' or 'not guilty' - or something else to that effect. I've often thought it unfair, cause if you're not guilty why keep it on there? Maybe someone tried to make charges without enough evidence - that would NOT show up. If a person came into LE accusing *advertiser censored* gramps of molesting it wouldn't be found on a criminal check of any kind. Our Constitution protects us from wild and inaccurate accusations. If that's the case, sounds like the info was leaked or just plain wrong. moo

Could be that *advertiser censored* gramps has gotten away all his life with *advertiser censored* and other activities, time will tell. moo

I was thinking of charges made, police report filed but DA says not enough evidence to prosecute.

It would still show up on a LE search but no court record.

I was thinking of charges made, police report filed but DA says not enough evidence to prosecute.

It would still show up on a LE search but no court record.

True! Reports of rape by a woman who has changed her mind and does not wish to pursue must be on file - I'm thinking of the Anne Le case. Of course, those wouldn't show up on checks, unless one had access to the LE files. I'm sure the same goes for molestation reports - unless LE make the charges. My gosh, it really gets confusing doesn't it.

BBM

We have not sleuthed anybody in that house with the exception of trying to figure out why CMW was looked into regarding Somer's case.
With the info we have learned about him, we would be crazy not to look into it. It's what we do. IMO

Now I understand, I didn't realize he was questioned along with the other sex offenders. As Noway points out, someone may have wanted him charged and changed their mind, or the evidence was very poor. Police reports that aren't acted upon do not show up in crim and background checks. So, if there was a report he certainly needs to be looked at. We just won't know about it. moo

Something is wrong with my system here ... everything is moving in slow motion. I'm going to shut down and will try to come back, but if I can't get online ... goodnight all!

Bumping so this precious child is on the first page where she belongs! Let us not forget - Justice for Somer!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crimecat8