FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking she seemed more stronger today and maybe LE said they have the prep under watch. IMO

I hope LE knows who it is but I feel she should be very careful what she says on TV. The killer might, well lets say she should be careful until theres an arrest.

A reporter on JVM mentioned a presser to begin approx 7:00 pm Eastern but then nothing more was said. Anyone know what that was all about?

I don't know why this didn't occur to me until now, but you know, we happen to have a member who knows a LOT about garbage. This member isn't in Florida but I'd bet they know a WHOLE lot about trash, it's routing, and what actually goes on inside a trash truck. Should I see if I can manage to aim them our way?

I have some questions about the inner workings of a trash truck compactor myself. Anyone else? If so I'll drop them a PM to come here and see us.

ETA: PM sent

After watching Somers mom in that interview I'm angry. How can there be such evil in this world and what would ever possess someone to kill a child like that? Seriously WTF is wrong with these animals??

I was watching a video while looking for the one's you guys posted. It showed some of the trucks that were transporting the trash, and they were not compactor trucks. Could be just any truck used for the shot but I thought it was worth mentioning. Let me see if I can find it.

Her anger and outrage is what will get her through this senseless tragedy. Her anger will keep her focused... if not for her anger and resolve to find this monster and make sure he is executed for the murder of her daughter, she would lose her mind. I'm sure she knows that! When she puts the pieces of her heart back together as best she can I feel like she will be a wonderful voice for children. She's a beautiful, passionate woman...she's a mom and she's tough! I just love her already!

I am hoping that she will find a place in this world to help kids. I was thinking about having a "Watch Group" in all cities and towns...people who are home and can watch kids going home from school. I see Deina's neighbor is starting one in their neighborhood. I would be happy to help in ours as well! It is so hard to find a job and keep one nowadays...people can't just quit their jobs that easily if they have one that won't allow them to go home and get their kids from school.

My plan is to bring this up at our next city council meeting. Perhaps those of you that read my post could go to your next city council meeting and bring this matter before your elected officials and ask for some guidance and cooperation. See if your Neighborhood Watch programs can connect you to your neighbors that want to help.

My thinking on the dumpster at that house is for some sort of DNA evidence to match up to the guy who did this, not necessarily Somer's DNA...I don't know...they seem to be on to something with that house though.....

http://www.news4jax.com/news/21408271/detail.html

Group Rallies To Protect Local Children
Mothers Against Predators Formed After Killing Of Somer Thompson

POSTED: Friday, October 23, 2009
UPDATED: 8:47 pm EDT October 23, 2009
Mothers Against Predators Rally
ORANGE PARK, Fla. -- A group of mothers, fathers and children outraged by the killing of Somer Thompson gathered at the Orange Park Mall for a rally Friday night.

Carpet in dumpster...
fdle_search102309.jpg
Well, that's a possibility. Maybe she was rolled up in some of the carpet. But then if that's so, it's most likely she would've been put in a commercial dumpster rather than household garbage can, imo.

Her anger and outrage is what will get her through this senseless tragedy. Her anger will keep her focused... if not for her anger and resolve to find this monster and make sure he is executed for the murder of her daughter, she would lose her mind. I'm sure she knows that! When she puts the pieces of her heart back together as best she can I feel like she will be a wonderful voice for children. She's a beautiful, passionate woman...she's a mom and she's tough! I just love her already!
she is a force in the making. I see her doing amazing things in the future in terms of missing children. I truly do.

I am hoping that she will find a place in this world to help kids. I was thinking about having a "Watch Group" in all cities and towns...people who are home and can watch kids going home from school. I see Deina's neighbor is starting one in their neighborhood. I would be happy to help in ours as well! It is so hard to find a job and keep one nowadays...people can't just quit their jobs that easily if they have one that won't allow them to go home and get their kids from school.

My plan is to bring this up at our next city council meeting. Perhaps those of you that read my post could go to your next city council meeting and bring this matter before your elected officials and ask for some guidance and cooperation. See if your Neighborhood Watch programs can connect you to your neighbors that want to help.

I know people in that general area said they seen alot more adults around the smaller kids bus stops this week.

A portable generator. Contractors use them all the time.

Hoppy
I live on an army post where there are constant renovations going on... there are always lights on and water running.. .they even hook up coffee pots in the kitchens. I am sure all utilities were on and charged to that same construction company that we have already heard about... the one who has the contract...

Ok, it's in the video that Kewpiedoll posted on the last page. In the very begining, it shows a truck while talking about the county trash trucks. Not sure if it's the right truck, but it is not a compactor truck. Anyway...moving on.

My thinking on the dumpster at that house is for some sort of DNA evidence to match up to the guy who did this, not necessarily Somer's DNA...I don't know...they seem to be on to something with that house though.....

Just my feeling. If she was wrapped up in carpeting she would have easliy rolled out from it. But if she was in a plastic bag I tend to thnk she would have still be in it. I dont think she was just placed in the trash uncovered. I think LE has a good link to this house. Sorry for misspelling..grandson was relased from the hospital today and im exhausted.

On NG tonight they said that touch DNA will be crucial to this case. Did anyone see it tonight?

she is a force in the making. I see her doing amazing things in the future in terms of missing children. I truly do.

IMO for what she is going through she seems like a very tough lady and will make things happen. She did say in news conf yesterday I think it was "everyone that knows me knows I have a big mouth". I think this is when she made statement I am coming to get you or something alone those lines. Not an exact quote.

I know people in that general area said they seen alot more adults around the smaller kids bus stops this week.
If some good can come from this tragedy, that would be it. MOO

Just my feeling. If she was wrapped up in carpeting she would have easliy rolled out from it. But if she was in a plastic bag I tend to thnk she would have still be in it. I dont think she was just placed in the trash uncovered. I think LE has a good link to this house. Sorry for misspelling..grandson was relased from the hospital today and im exhausted.

On NG tonight they said that touch DNA will be crucial to this case. Did anyone see it tonight?
Wonder if perp moved body from one place to another because of the high news coverage got scared and placed in regular trash for the trash pick up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor