FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is SF( Sean) the regular babysitter, the one who was given the names and numbers of little friends because Somer would lag behind the other kids up to an hour at times? Is this babysitter, or at least the one there that day the one who claims to be an indigo something or other and how long did Somer's mom know this guy?

interesting thought........wasn't today the wake for the public to visit and give condolances????

I think so, but I thought her body was to be burried tomorrow. I hadn't heard that it would not be ready in time. Maybe so. I try to stay caught up but we all know how difficult it is.

OT...Nancy G. :furious: Another night of Balloon Boy repeats!! I guess Somer's story is not big enough news for her to broadcast!

I am so tired of this family and their "story"......they have wasted enough of our time. Keep them off the TV news, etc,. and let LE do what they have to do with them.

Poor little Somer is dead at the hands of someone, and that's far more important and newsworthy. :banghead:

OT...Nancy G. :furious: Another night of Balloon Boy repeats!! I guess Somer's story is not big enough news for her to broadcast!
At this point, I feel the only reason Nancy Grace should have the Balloon Boy story on her program is if he suddenly goes missing.

Come on, Nancy! There are missing children that need to be found, and murdered children that need justice! There are predators that need to be taken off the street.

Quit wasting the national forum you have on stupid stories about hoaxes and a family that is getting too much exposure for their idiotic actions. The Heene's know their children are safe.

We don't know the other children in Somer's neighborhood are safe tonight.

As far as I was aware, Somer's body was being held up regardless. Is that not the case?

Somer is not being released by the coroner according to mother and she doesn't know when she will be able to bury her. That is what she said in a news conference I think on Friday???

But, IMO - methinks there was a big effort made in that post :

1) to use big technical words to sound erudite* - scholarly
2) to speak in riddle and be mysterious and cryptic
3) to hit & run

In essence, that post tried too hard. And that makes me suspicious.

I really only got the third one out of that post, to be honest. The words weren't any bigger than most educated people use, and after years of true crime books and boards like this--anyone can start sounding like they're LE. It probably sounds pretentious in some cases, but I find myself rattling off technical terms like I own them. Really, I don't, LOL.

This is going to sound arcane, but I run a TV spoiler board that's about this size. We get posts like this. People know something, but can't post details in fear of reprisal from their employer or employed friends. So they speak in riddles (sometimes even in haiku) in order to spread some TV info. It's not as weighted as what we discuss here, but some people take it very seriously. I remember back when someone spoiled that Grissom and Sara were already in a relationship on CSI. Bessie, bar the door!

My point is, some people speak in riddles by necessity. On a board like this, I could see someone who MIGHT (very well might not) have credible info that the perp is not a SO getting frustrated by the focus on a RSODI scenario. They can't share what they know, but they want to get people thinking in the right direction. Whether it's so they can assist the investigation by refocusing leads or just because they want to stop banging their head into a desk, I don't know.

It's kind of frustrating, but it's just my personal perspective as someone who deals with trolls all the time. This one doesn't reek of troll to me. Who knows, though. There's always the possibility they just want attention, but generally posers stick around to see the reaction and stir the pot further.

So are they having the graveside service tomorrow without the body? Or is it being put off?
Did this come from news???
TIA

If it doen't come from WS while the little green light is by my name, I usually miss it.
Y'all are so good, I really don't need to go to news sources much.

As far as I was aware, Somer's body was being held up regardless. Is that not the case?

That is what I thought too Dear Sherlock :)

And to answer the previous poster about do you think they have anyone is sight??? My answer is: NO! :(

Somer is not being released by the coroner according to mother and she doesn't know when she will be able to bury her. That is what she said in a news conference I think on Friday???

wow - I don't know how I missed that.
Thanks y'all for clearing that up for me.

Fla. town, family say goodbyes to slain girl

By RON WORD

ORANGE PARK, Fla. -- With the song "You Are My Sunshine" played quietly, more than 1,500 mourners filed past the casket of 7-year-old Somer Thompson, who vanished last Monday in north Florida on her way home from school.
Purple flowers covered the top of Somer's wooden casket as mourners shook hands with family members seated in the front row. Several portraits of Somer were also on display, while scenes from her life were projected on two large screens.
The funeral for Somer, whose body was found last Wednesday in a south Georgia landfill, is scheduled for 11 a.m. Tuesday in the First Baptist Church of Orange Park, the place of the viewing Monday evening.

snipped............
http://www.miamiherald.com/news/florida/AP/story/1301451.html

why are we all yelling for the hit and run poster to come back and help? They did help. I have seen more productivity pass through these fast flying threads today, certainly more than there was yesterday.
They did their part, even if they meant to harm the effort, they helped immensely.

Hi Not my kids, I think he is pointing to a familial/friend perp, don't you? And that is the opposite from what statistics tell us about this crime, at least from what I have read here.

I have learned the statistics change for a stranger abduction when the victim dies. But in my logical mind :innocent: I can't see a familial/friend duping a body in a dumpster and losing control over it like that. They wouldn't want the risk of her being found and evidence leading right back to them. The stranger SO doesn't give a hoot about that.

The way she was dumped was IMO by some perv who used her then wanted her out of sight quickly, and that is the MO of a SO who kills.

It could be this BSU was trying to turn our heads in a different direction IMO.

I could definitely be wrong. If I read it, and I am pretty sure that I did, it was here. Let me go back and see if i can find where I read it.

No need to go back A_Closer_Look
I just somehow missed it.

How much have we seen the teen brother at the vigils or on tape?

maybe they are speaking about someone who is NOT on the police report?? just thinking inside my little box here....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member