Still Missing FL - Steven Cozzi, lawyer, Largo, 21 March 2023 *plastic surgeon arrested*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This case is haunting me. I'm long-time local Pinellas County and I live about half-way between the Largo law office and TK's Tarpon Springs home. I also worked for decades in Pinellas medical offices and law firms and have had my share of disconcerting exposure to unhinged doctors involved in lawsuits.

My current thoughts are that TK disposed of the body near his home or the medical office.

I am trying to assess the timeframe for TK's drive on 3/21/23 from Tarpon Springs to Miami.

Referencing the AFFIDAVIT. . . TK left Tarpon Springs in the red Toyota Corolla at 5 PM.
This drive would be rush-hour traffic time. In favorable traffic, it takes about one hour to travel from north to south Pinellas County (Tarpon Springs to St Pete Sunshine Skyway). Doubtful he was speeding. During rush hour, this drive likely took 1.5 hours.

Note: 3/21 travel timing per AFFIDAVIT indicates about 3/4 hours travel time between the Largo law office and TK's home:
07:51 to 8:32 Home to law office (41 minutes)
11:16 to 11:58 Law office to home (42 minutes)

Per AFFIDAVIT, travel from Tarpon Springs to Ochopee 16:58 (4:58) to 9:36 = 4.5 hours.

At least an hour of the 4.5 hours would be N to S Pinellas County. So that leaves 3.5 hours
to travel St Pete to Ochopee.
Traveling US 41?
Disposing a body in the dark of night along the way?

March 21,2023
11:16:04 crew cab truck turn to northbound onto S Belcher Road
11:24:42 suspect truck was northbound on S Belcher Road, near the intersection of Gulf to Bay Boulevard
11:58 Toyota Tundra with the red/orange blanket still visible in the bed, driving north toward 511 Seaview Dr.
16:58 PM Toyota Corolla sedan leaves TK's Tarpon Springs home
9:36:51 PM EDT license plate EMFK38 (Toyota Corolla) - 52195 Tamiami Trail East, Ochopee,FL
We think alike. I have been going over the timing too. And I agree, would he travel that distance with a body, to dispose of at night?

I waited until 4:50 to check because traffic patterns, in relation to time of day, change the Gmap time reported.

I Gmapped how long it should take from his house to the camera capture in Ochopee: 4 hour 2 min
It took him 4hr 37 min (4:58-9:36).

We don't know which route he took, but both routes on GMaps showed the same amount of time for each and both routes had tolls. I think LE could track those tolls. MOO
He might have gone some way which avoided tolls - GMaps says that takes 4hr 45 min.
Avoiding highways completely takes 5hr 44 min - 5hr 51min.

From your experience to get to Ochopee from St Pete: He had 3.5hr left once he reached St Pete
St Pete to Ochopee on toll roads 2hr 49 one way, 3hr 16 min another way
Avoiding tolls: 3hr 51 min and avoiding highways all together 5hr 19min.

The time it took him to get from his home to the office matches both going and returning, and is a little less than what GMaps says.

I keep thinking he planned where to take SC. The affidavit does say that they have a capture with the wagon and blanket in the truck bed as he got home. Blood in the bed and on the floor of the garage. That the truck doesn't leave the garage after, only the Corolla leaves.

From the warrant:
W Klosterman @ Pinellas and the relevant image is time stamped 3/21/2023 11:51:32 EDT.
Your affiant observed the image captured by that camera of the ToyotaTundra with the wagon in the bed and its contents covered by a red or orange blanket.

From West Klosterman to his house should take 8 min and he was captured arriving at the house at 11:58. With the wagon and orange blanket still in the bed (no mention of contents here, not sure if that means anything).

Then this in the warrant: when the Corolla leaves the house.

the Toyota Corolla did not appear to be sagging from any large loads in the trunk.

Scribd

I kept thinking he had a plan: storage unit, another property along the way? But the timing is really tight. He spent five hours at home before leaving. I noticed on a property website that his residence has a long deck to a body of water in the back. I wonder if he had access to a boat? MOO

TY for listing March 21 captures. Planning to take a closer look at those points.

I was trying to find the camera location he was caught on last night but I was very tired. Thanks for providing it. I suspect he didn't drive I-75 at all then. He was likely on US 41 the whole way to Miami.

I doubt he stopped at the air strip / visitor center at night. There would be cameras to pick him up if he decided to take that trail into the swamp.

View attachment 412891
I went to street view at various sections. The edge of the vegetation is really close to the road with no room to pull over in some places. I did see a boardwalk that was temporarily closed, at least on Gmaps. I imagine he would avoid any of the frequented businesses/walks/trails and pick somewhere more remote. It would have to be an area where the car could actually pull over though. MOO

It is such a long road. If LE has any GPS or phone location data showing stops on 41 or further South in the Everglades, maybe they could search that particular area? There was that orange/red covering and the cart might be detectable. Maybe a drone search? JMO

Calls to the tip line might provide some sighting of his car stopped somewhere along the way.

MOO

He spent five hours at home before leaving.

Thank you so much for your traffic/driving time/route analysis.

On one hand, I'm terrified that he had Steven still alive (but paralyzed from whatever drug he was able to inject), then abandoned him somewhere -- alert and unable to move or call for help in any way. (And who would have then died a slow death as he was abandoned somewhere.)

On the other hand, I'm terrified he used those five hours at home to dismember an already deceased Steven for easier disposal.

I hate, hate, hate even typing those thoughts. But this entire sequence of events is terrifying. Poor Steven. My heart breaks for him and his loved ones.

This case is astonishing and sickening in so many ways.

IMO and MOO.

On one hand, I'm terrified that he had Steven still alive (but paralyzed from whatever drug he was able to inject), then abandoned him somewhere -- alert and unable to move or call for help in any way. (And who would have then died a slow death as he was abandoned somewhere.)

On the other hand, I'm terrified he used those five hours at home to dismember an already deceased Steven for easier disposal.

I hate, hate, hate even typing those thoughts. But this entire sequence of events is terrifying. Poor Steven. My heart breaks for him and his loved ones.

IMO and MOO.
Your second paragraph is all I keep thinking of. It’s just absolutely terrifying. To me that’s the worst case scenario for Steven.
I know someone who was paralyzed during a surgery but the sedative was mistakenly not given. She felt like she’d been assaulted and said it was unimaginable pain. Later she physically assaulted a staff member that she blamed, the Surgeon actually. She was a nurse in the same hospital… she kept her job and so did he and they had a surprisingly cordial relationship afterwards but the entire thing just traumatized her.

Last edited:

IMO and MOO.

Your second paragraph is all I keep thinking of. It’s just absolutely terrifying. To me that’s the worst case scenario for Steven.
I know someone who was paralyzed during a surgery but the sedative was mistakenly not given. She felt like she’d been assaulted and said it was unimaginable pain. Later she physically assaulted a staff member that she blamed, the Surgeon actually. She was a nurse in the same hospital… she kept her job and so did he and they had a surprisingly cordial relationship afterwards but the entire thing just traumatized her.
I have had those same thoughts.

I now think it is unlikely he left the building alive: MOO

The drug is short acting (5-10 minutes). That is at regular dose and above, not sure what happens with a smaller or tiny dose? No reports yet that it was used, just that it was found in a black bag (along with masks, weapons, and tools) in TK's car.

The time in the parking lot (10:22-11:16) and then the 42 minute drive to the house.

Some sort of weapon was used.

And according to the complaint:
.... large quantity of blood located at the crime scene.....

vls12345's quote: My heart breaks for him and his loved ones.

1000%

MOO

IMO and MOO.
Sometimes I hesitate before clicking on this thread because the details we DO know are so disturbing I can't imagine what I might read next.

IMO and MOO.
I had not considered your first hand theory. I thought about it for a while, and IMO this guy planned so much of this, I don't think he would leave it to chance that someone might stumble on him and he would survive. As much as I hate to say it.

I hadn't really considered the second hand either. I was thinking about how difficult it would have been for one person to "dump" a body in the wilderness of the everglades. As sickening as it is, this makes sense. He went to medical school and had the training to do this.

I agree 150% on the rest of your sentiments. I can't imagine what his loved ones must be going through.

New entries on the RPO today:

OTHER EVENTS AND HEARINGS
04/05/2023MOTION (11:00 AM) (Judicial Officer MATTHEY, PHILIPPE)
RPO FINAL HEARING
04/05/2023MOTION Doc # 7
AND STIPULATION FOR ENTRY OF FINAL RISK PROTECTION ORDER
04/05/2023FINAL RISK PROTECTION ORDER AND NOTICE OF COMPLIANCE HEARING Doc # 8
STIPULATED
03/29/2023MOTION (11:00 AM) ()
COMPLIANCE
03/28/2023TEMPORARY RISK PROTECTION ORDER AND NOTICE OF HEARINGS Doc # 1
MARCH 29, 2023
03/28/2023NOTICE OF HEARING Doc # 2
@11AM
03/28/2023PETITION FOR TEMPORARY EX PARTE RISK PROTECTION ORDER Doc # 3
Party: KOSOWSKI, TOMASZ ROMAN
03/28/2023EXHIBIT Doc # 4
A1 - LEO AFFIDAVIT
03/28/2023EXHIBIT Doc # 5
A2 - ODYSSEY SCREEN SHOT
03/28/2023EXHIBIT Doc # 6
B - INVENTORY LIST

EBM added court records link

This from the complaint/Arrest affidavit: lists some of the weapons in the Black bag reported on the return for the car search and syringes on the passenger floorboard. Also the camera on Klosterman had what appeared to be a body. MOO

During the course of the search, a ballistic vest was found in the trunk of the vehicle with a substantial amount of blood located on it. Red fibers were also located on the ballistic vest as well as white fibers. bag containing masks, a taser, brass knuckles, duct tape and intravenous sedatives {succinylcholine (paralyzing agent)} with syringes was found on the passenger floor board of the vehicle.

Flock Camera at 11:51hrs with an image of a red bag or blanket in a cart that appeared to contain what resembles a human body located in the bed of the truck

Court filings in the negligence case (TK v DSC) around 3/21/2023:

03/16/2023 NOTICE OF SERVICE ANSWERS INTERROGATORIESNOTICE OF SERVICE ANSWERS INTERROGATORIES2
03/16/2023 RESPONSE TO REQUEST FOR PRODUCTIONRESPONSE TO REQUEST FOR PRODUCTION6
03/17/2023 NOTICE OF SERVICE ANSWERS INTERROGATORIESNOTICE OF SERVICE ANSWERS INTERROGATORIES3
03/20/2023 AMENDED NOTICE OF HEARINGAMENDED NOTICE OF HEARING2
03/20/2023 MOTION FOR FINAL JUDGMENTMOTION FOR FINAL JUDGMENT3
03/20/2023 EXHIBITEXHIBIT6
03/20/2023 EXHIBITEXHIBIT3
03/20/2023 NOTICE OF HEARINGNOTICE OF HEARING2
03/20/2023 NOTICE OF SERVICE ANSWERS INTERROGATORIESNOTICE OF SERVICE ANSWERS INTERROGATORIES4
03/21/2023 MOTION TO COMPELMOTION TO COMPEL3
03/21/2023 NOTICE OF HEARINGNOTICE OF HEARING2
03/24/2023 MOTION TO STRIKEMOTION TO STRIKE12
03/29/2023 AMENDED NOTICE OF HEARINGAMENDED NOTICE OF HEARING2
03/31/2023 ORDER OF REFERRALORDER OF REFERRAL4

Filing # 169071908 E-Filed 03/20/2023 09:18:32 AM
Amended notice of hearing (for telephonic hearing on 3/21)

Motion to compel was filed by TK at 7:39 AM 3/21
Filing # 169186624 E-Filed 03/21/2023 07:39:45 AM

TK truck left house at 7:51 AM 3/21

MOO
EBM changed car to truck

Apr. 09, 2023
[...]
“He was just very unhappy about how much of his questioning was being objected to,” Pillsbury said.

During a break in the testimony, Kosowski got up and confronted Cozzi in the restroom, according to Pillsbury. The altercation was only a verbal one, as far as anyone knows. It is unclear what was said.

Over the ensuing days and weeks, things largely didn’t go Kosowski’s way. A previous ruling in Kosowski’s favor was set aside in February, and the case was referred to non-binding arbitration.

On March 20, a little less than two months later, a frustrated Kosowski wrote to the judge in his case, slamming the latest discovery materials he had been provided as “hastily prepared tripe which fail to provide good faith answers.”

The next day, Cozzi would be dead.
[...]
Cozzi “honestly cared” about his clients, and was proud of the witness at the Jan. 26 deposition for handling herself so well under Kosowski’s pressure, according to Pillsbury.

The two became friends due to their “shared experience of dealing with this crazy plaintiff,” Pillsbury said.
[...]
But that was not the person Kosowski’s old medical pals knew, with three former friends telling The Daily Beast they were dumbfounded by the allegations against a man they described as a nice guy with a big heart.
[...]

Apr. 09, 2023
[...]
“He was just very unhappy about how much of his questioning was being objected to,” Pillsbury said.

During a break in the testimony, Kosowski got up and confronted Cozzi in the restroom, according to Pillsbury. The altercation was only a verbal one, as far as anyone knows. It is unclear what was said.

Over the ensuing days and weeks, things largely didn’t go Kosowski’s way. A previous ruling in Kosowski’s favor was set aside in February, and the case was referred to non-binding arbitration.

On March 20, a little less than two months later, a frustrated Kosowski wrote to the judge in his case, slamming the latest discovery materials he had been provided as “hastily prepared tripe which fail to provide good faith answers.”

The next day, Cozzi would be dead.
[...]
Cozzi “honestly cared” about his clients, and was proud of the witness at the Jan. 26 deposition for handling herself so well under Kosowski’s pressure, according to Pillsbury.

The two became friends due to their “shared experience of dealing with this crazy plaintiff,” Pillsbury said.
[...]
But that was not the person Kosowski’s old medical pals knew, with three former friends telling The Daily Beast they were dumbfounded by the allegations against a man they described as a nice guy with a big heart.
[...]
Wow… like what could Steven have done differently? Nothing. He was doing his job. It’s like Kosowski took it so personally. He is a monster to do what he did…
Edited to add - I just read the article. It’s very good. It’s so crazy that he just went after him like this… blaming Steven for all his problems… so sad for Steven’s loved ones as he sounds like a wonderful human being.

Last edited:
That's crazy, he actually killed Cozzi and then connected to a virtual court hearing from the parking lot of the law office, they waited 30 mins for Cozzi to log in, and then after that he is immediately seen moving again on video in the parking lot?? From that last link wow.

Nutso.

That's crazy, he actually killed Cozzi and then connected to a virtual court hearing from the parking lot of the law office, they waited 30 mins for Cozzi to log in, and then after that he is immediately seen moving again on video in the parking lot?? From that last link wow.

Nutso.
In other cases, the court releases the transcript of telephone hearings in the court documents section. Didn't notice any in the FL court files. Maybe they need to be public records requested in order to see them? MOO

From the warrant:

traveling southbound on March 21,2023 at 16:48PM. The sedan returns at 16:51PM and leaves a second time at16:58PM.

Leaves 4:48
Returns three minutes later 4:51
Leaves again seven minutes later 4:58

Forgot something?
Discarding something?
Went to look at something?
MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors