FL FL - Stuart - UP14236 - 'Baby Moses' - 3-Month-Old Male Floating in St. Lucie River - Martin County

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

YaYa_521

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
NamUs #UP14236
ME/C Case Number ME83-19-198
Male, White / Caucasian
Date Body Found November 25, 1983
Location Found Stuart, Florida
Estimated Age GroupInfant
Estimated Age Range (Years) 0-1
Estimated Age Range 0-12 Months
Estimated Year of Death 1983
Estimated PMI Days
Height 1' 8"(20 inches) , Measured
Weight 9 lbs, Measured
Hair Color Brown
Eye Color Hazel
Inventory of Remains All parts recovered
Condition of Remains Recognizable face

Circumstances of Recovery - 3 month old male found floating face down in the St. Lucie River in Martin County, FL.

Sep 22, 2016
SBM

The Martin County Sheriff’s Office announced Friday that DNA analysis in the case of ‘Baby Moses’ is now complete. [snip] The task proved difficult, as the sheriff says the remains that were recovered were minimal. What they did find was sent to a lab at the University of North Texas for analysis.
# More at link

Dec. 16, 2022
SBM

But in 2016, detectives exhumed those tiny, frail remains with hopes that newer DNA technology could help them identify which baby was Baby Moses, and who its parents were. A forensics team tried pulling DNA from those poorly preserved bones. “The degradation of the remains was such that technology we have today is not able to determine who the baby was,” Snyder said.

Snip

But all hope is not lost. As DNA technology continues to advance, Baby Moses’ remains will be tested over and over again through the years. “There is a hope someday that with advances in DNA technology we may yet bring justice to this case,” Snyder said.
# More at link

---
@TootsieFootsie TY for posting about Baby Moses on Baby June's thread.
@othram Would you please reach out to Martin County Sheriff’s Office in hopes of giving Baby Moses his name back? I am confident you have the advanced DNA technology they need. :) MOO

May this precious little baby rest in peace while awaiting his long overdue justice. :(

Interesting that they estimate age at 3 months. Someone took care of him. I cannot fathom caring for an infant that long and then you dispose of him. How do you not get attached. Poor little tyke. He needs his name & family who cares.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
haizljnes01
Back