Found Deceased FL - Susan Mauldin, 65, Fleming Island, 23 Oct 2019 *arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Perfect sissydi. Thanks for posting!

EH0nnwjW4AI38XP

On Tuesday, the Clay County Sheriff’s Office said investigators believe Corey Binderim has information related to the case of 65-year-old Susan Mauldin, who was reported missing from her Harbor Island home Oct. 24.

Homicide Det. Howard Fryer said detectives have learned that Binderim was hired to perform remodeling work at Mauldin’s home, but their business relationship apparently soured, and Mauldin asked for a refund.

At first, Binderim was cooperative with the investigation, Fryer said, but he has since left the area with no explanation about where he was going. “His whereabouts are unknown at this time,” he said.

Mauldin, who’s believed to be endangered, was last seen Oct. 23.

There’s no reason to believe that Mauldin would have wandered off on her own or that she planned to leave town. She missed several appointments and her vehicle is still at the home.

Person of interest named in Clay County woman’s disappearance

GKYICDCNCFGAZPLRMPRBTAAQZQ.jpg

Binderim's history as a contractor is marred. He filed paperwork with the state last year to start Binderim Remodeling LLC, but the Better Business Bureau says he failed to pay renewal fees this year and his business is listed as inactive.

It has a D+ rating. The one and only comment is a complaint from a homeowner who says work on a bathroom is incomplete after hiring Binderim to do remodeling last December.

An employee with the BBB says Binderim doesn't have a license to do the plumbing work described in the complaint.
Contractor named as person of interest in case of missing Clay County woman

Neighbor of Fleming Island widow reported missing over 3 weeks ago: ‘We just want her back’

"With no answers, with nothing, and I get we’re not her family, but she has some really close friends here. We just want her back. However, she deserves that much. She deserves that much," said Mauldin’s neighbor.

The neighbor said Mauldin would not have left without telling them.

“And the pumpkin being out (in front of her door) tells me she was planning on Halloween, and she would be one to give out and give candy. Halloween has come and gone. Now we’re coming up to Thanksgiving, so it’s very hard to be thankful when you’re going through something like this, and Christmas is coming up. It’s been cold out, and it’s been raining," the neighbor said. “And wherever she is at, the mind plays tricks on you and says: ‘She’s cold. She needs to come home.’ I have shared on social media her picture, so if anybody has anything to share, to keep sharing it.”

Person of interest in the disappearance of Susan Mauldin once involved in soldier shooting

"Police say when Binderim was designated a person of interest, he also disappeared.

Twenty-eight years ago, former Chief Assistant State Attorney Tom Cushman prosecuted a case involving Binderim,

“At the time I said, ‘Two teenyboppers attacking soldiers for no good reason,’” Cushman said, remembering the case that boggled him. “The whole thing was very strange.”

Records say Binderim offered to sell AWOL soldiers three Mac 11 automatic pistols. He sent the three soldiers to St. Johns County to look for the cache of weapons either hidden in the bushes or underwater in the St. Johns River, investigators said.

As the men emerged from the water in their wet suits that night, reports said 16-year-old Jason Wright, with Binderim by his side, shot them."

Person of interest in the disappearance of Susan Mauldin once involved in soldier shooting

"Police say when Binderim was designated a person of interest, he also disappeared.

Twenty-eight years ago, former Chief Assistant State Attorney Tom Cushman prosecuted a case involving Binderim,

“At the time I said, ‘Two teenyboppers attacking soldiers for no good reason,’” Cushman said, remembering the case that boggled him. “The whole thing was very strange.”

Records say Binderim offered to sell AWOL soldiers three Mac 11 automatic pistols. He sent the three soldiers to St. Johns County to look for the cache of weapons either hidden in the bushes or underwater in the St. Johns River, investigators said.

As the men emerged from the water in their wet suits that night, reports said 16-year-old Jason Wright, with Binderim by his side, shot them."
Oh my gosh. :eek:

Deputies searching for missing Fleming Island woman

Haven't seen a thread for this lady; I live on Fleming Island, and thought I would try a post!
I'm about 45 minutes from you. This case has been bothering me. She's been gone almost a month and the media recently reported that Susan Mauldin's car is at home. I wondered why no search parties, etc. She has no family in the area and her husband died several years ago. It's just sad that senior citizens seem to be scammed a lot. I'm hoping LE finds Binderim and soon!

I'm about 45 minutes from you. This case has been bothering me. She's been gone almost a month and the media recently reported that Susan Mauldin's car is at home. I wondered why no search parties, etc. She has no family in the area and her husband died several years ago. It's just sad that senior citizens seem to be scammed a lot. I'm hoping LE finds Binderim and soon!
Me too Ray of Hope, me too...

Facebook post on Tues. Interesting comments.

WJXT4 Corley Peel
We’ve uncovered details about contractor, Corey Binderim. Clay County Sheriffs deputies been named him a person of interest in the disappearance of 65 year-old Susan Mauldin.
Records show Binderim was arrested in 1992 for attempted murder in shooting of 3 AWOL Army Ranger trainees. He served 7 yrs for aggravated battery after pleading no contest.

WJXT4 The Local Station / News4JAX

Person of interest named in Clay County woman’s disappearance

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aqfina2000