Found Deceased FL - Tammy Alexander, 16, Brooksville, 8 Nov 1979

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Personally, I don't think Cali's postmortem photos are all that bad... Considering the back story! Do you know how many times I looked at those photos before I could tell where she had been shot?!?! Then again, my background may have a little bit to do with my tolerance to that. I've done a lot of postmortem care in my day, non-trauma of course, but postmortem none the less... I'm a nurse, even had the ability to stand in on an autopsy while working at the VA during nursing school. Now I must say... That was not easy!
And it isn't like you guys have the photos for anything other than to educate and introduce and find someone that may recognize her. Otherwise, how else would anyone think it was their loved one... Because the drawings and sketches rarely do the job. Again... I think you do it all in good taste considering the circumstances you're working with. Honestly, I've learned a lot. I always wondered what happened to unclaimed bodies, and my guess is Cali's situation is probably not always what happens. The photos of her grave are beautiful for what they are! Sadly, there are many that don't get graves like hers when they are known by family and friends, some end up as ashes in the backs of closets because people just don't know what to do or don't have the funds to do what they'd like to do.

Yes; it's very sad. There are many Doe's that have been buried in potters fields; or cremated. Cali was very fortunate that the towns people adopted her as their own to provide a beautiful resting place. She is loved by so many people all over the world!

Thank you so much for the compliments. We try to treat every post like family. One of my biggest pet peeves are words used these days in the press. Most of the headlines read very cold; you would think they could show some compassion by saying found deceased verses dead body

Yes; it's very sad. There are many Doe's that have been buried in potters fields; or cremated. Cali was very fortunate that the towns people adopted her as their own to provide a beautiful resting place. She is loved by so many people all over the world!

Thank you so much for the compliments. We try to treat every post like family. One of my biggest pet peeves are words used these days in the press. Most of the headlines read very cold; you would think they could show some compassion by saying found deceased verses dead body

I completely agree with your thoughts concerning the headlines... I feel that press, reporters, news, etc... Are some of the most inconsiderate human beings on the planet! Not to mention found deceased doesn't grab a hold of you like dead body. Headlines and news have brought us a long way, yet seem to hold us back all at the same time. If we were more sensitive to some things and took a hard stance concerning others... The world would for sure be a different place!

Wow! Just wow! After all this time.

I wonder why she was killed in such a horrible way? Serial Killer?

There is no official identification yet! Livingston County Sheriff's Office has NOT confirmed she is our beloved Cali

I don't think they would say it unless it was true. Most likely reporting from a leak in the dept..

My guess is if it was not her they would categorically deny.

I just saw this news story..why did her family never report her missing????

Hi Carl,

I am a writer for the Tampa Bay Times. I am working on a story about Tammy Jo Alexander and came across your posts. I wanted to see if you might be able to put me in touch with Tammy's friend. Would you be able to give me a phone number for her? Or perhaps you could pass mine along to her. I am at (813) 226-3386.

I appreciate any help you can provide. Thank you.

Dan Sullivan
Staff Writer
Tampa Bay Times

Just relaying some information received from Tammy's best friend from high school.

She says Tammy disappeared after the 78-79 school year was over, around May of 1979.

She says that they both ran away around Christmas of 1978, and caught rides from truckers all the way to California. She says that Tammy had a reason to run away. But her friend says that she just went along for the ride. Tammy's friend's mom had to pay for airfare back to Florida for both of them because Tammy's mom said "Leave her there".

She says that both she and Tammy wore earth shoes like the ones found on Cali, and that when she last saw Tammy, her hair was cut a little shorter than in her sophomore photo. She doesn't recognize the turquoise necklace or the keychains that fit together.

She still has the names of some of the truckers that they traveled with.

And contrary to the suggestion in the Zabasearch post, Tammy's friend says emphatically that Tammy was not a prostitute

Hi Carl,

I am a writer for the Tampa Bay Times. I am working on a story about Tammy Jo Alexander and came across your posts. I wanted to see if you might be able to put me in touch with Laurel Nowell. Would you be able to give me a phone number for her? Or perhaps you could pass mine along to her. I am at (813) 226-3386.

I appreciate any help you can provide. Thank you.

Dan Sullivan
Staff Writer
Tampa Bay Times

How does a 13 yr old go missing and no one reports her? And then she is found 7 states away up the coast and murdered. I wonder if they have ever compared the bullet? Was the bullet found?

I wish there was more on this case.

Why do I keep reading she went missing at 13 years old when there is clearly a yearbook with her picture from 1979? Ironically, it is a the 1979 yearbook picture they are using in the articles!! Media, please, before doing another report, get the story accurate. There is a huge difference between a 13 year old and a possibly 16 year old. Many changes can occur during those years. Many circumstances can change and now everyone is going to be questioning "why a 13 year old child was never reported". When actually, she was older and more mature and had a history of running away.

Why do I keep reading she went missing at 13 years old when there is clearly a yearbook with her picture from 1979? Ironically, it is a the 1979 yearbook picture they are using in the articles!! Media, please, before doing another report, get the story accurate. There is a huge difference between a 13 year old and a possibly 16 year old. Many changes can occur during those years. Many circumstances can change and now everyone is going to be questioning "why a 13 year old child was never reported". When actually, she was older and more mature and had a history of running away.

NamUs never corrected the erroneous info on her MP casefile.

Just came across her case on facebook,Im so glad she finally can be given her name and Tammys friends/family know where she is

Thank you, Carl. Did not know that.

If I am reading correctly, she had a "reason to runaway". She possibly died six days or so from her 16 birthday where people saw her alive. This adds a whole new element. If it is correct she ate at a diner and waitress noticed nothing unusual about her actions, she may have known the person she was traveling with from home. I am sure LE will investigate if anyone in her life wanted her out of their life and whether anyone owned the paneled vehicle or fit the description of the sketch. The way she was shot and just left tells me the person was just some creeper who kills random people by gunshot (was there sexual assault)or maybe there is more to the story and I am certainly not pointing fingers at anyone. Just a thought of a new angle. After all, she did have a friend with her when she ran away the first time.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anaaaa555
Back