Identified! FL - Tampa, WhtFem UP61522, 11-15, most likely 12-14 years old, Jan'91 - Name withheld

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'd like to submit a possible match for the Hillsborough County Jane Doe but don't know how to do it. On the one hand, I don't know how to send potential matches through the doe network and I'm afraid of making a mistake in something so that the possible match doesn't arrive later, and on the other hand, I don't know if you can send an email from here in Chile to the authorities in charge of the case.

But hey, I would still like to know what the email is to at least try it. @chaddylex What email did you send Jennifer to as a possible match? I would greatly appreciate it.

I was browsing through NamUs and thought that Diana Martinez, MP#30051, could be a potential. She was a 14 year old runaway out of New Jersey in 1987 who left a note for her family saying she was headed for Miami. No pictures of her anywhere though.

Heres a quote from the FBI website

BBM

CODIS allows for the entry of mtDNA only in missing persons-related indexes because multiple individuals can have the same mtDNA type, so unique identifications are not possible using just mtDNA.

According to this Jane Does mtDNA wouldnt even be in codis, right?

Source

CODIS allows for the entry of mtDNA only in missing persons-related indexes
So apparently the unidentified remains index is part of the missing person indices. I guess its possible that Mitochondrial DNA matches are flagged so that investigators can attempt to make a definitive match using another identifier

Just to stay up to date, here’s the rule out list so far for Tampa Girl:

1.) Debora Lowe - Missing Since 02/29/1972 from Pompano Beach, FL
2.) Judy Davis - Missing Since 05/13/1972 from Jacksonville, Fl
3.) Gail Joiner - Missing Since 09/22/1972 from Thonotosassa, FL
4.) Martha Lambert - Missing Since 11/27/1985 from St. Augustine, Fl
5.) Annette Sagers - Missing Since 10/04/1988 from Moncks Corner, SC
6.) Jennifer Perry - Missing Since 07/30/1993 from Marathon, Florida

View attachment 430782

----------------------------------------

I wonder if this means LE has exhausted all leads and current theories, and the only way forward in the case, is Tampa Girl being identified. I'm having my fingers crossed that @othram is being sneaky again and are secretly working on her. They are usually very quiet when working on FL cases ;)
I hope so too. I recommended Tampa Girl to Othram a while back.

I’m still wondering about Tinze Huels. Tinze did disappear from Tampa after all. She does bear somewhat of a resemblance to the victim but she’s two years older than the estimated age range.
I would not use the age range solely to rule her out. We have seen age ranges be off for some does who were identified.

If so, I found that Andrea Parsons matches everything but age, which if off by 1/2 years. I did notice she matches the reconstruction though. She also disappeared 2 hours away from Tampa. Men have been charged in her disappearance, but found no evidence to say they couldn't have disposed of her in Tampa, especially since some murderers lie in order to keep some sick final power over victims and their families.
Original
Original

If I were to submit it to LE, how would I? I know Doe Network is an option but that normally takes a long time and NamUs doesn't always respond. Is there any way to email LE directly?

If so, I found that Andrea Parsons matches everything but age, which if off by 1/2 years. I did notice she matches the reconstruction though. She also disappeared 2 hours away from Tampa. Men have been charged in her disappearance, but found no evidence to say they couldn't have disposed of her in Tampa, especially since some murderers lie in order to keep some sick final power over victims and their families.
Original
Original

If I were to submit it to LE, how would I? I know Doe Network is an option but that normally takes a long time and NamUs doesn't always respond. Is there any way to email LE directly?
I saw Andrea earlier when I was looking into other cases after viewing this thread. She should definitely be looked into.

Original
Original

Thread by Andrea Parsons:

I swear, Tampa Girl looks like every girl suggested in the thread so far. Call ‘em in, I say; the worst thing that could happen is that it’s not a match. We’ll still be closer to her true identity!

I agree that it should be looked into. Should I email the Hillsborough County Medical Examiner?
The ME is the case owner, so I would place my bet there. You could always ask if they could forward your mail to the right receiver, or give you specific contact to send it to.

I swear, Tampa Girl looks like every girl suggested in the thread so far. Call ‘em in, I say; the worst thing that could happen is that it’s not a match. We’ll still be closer to her true identity!

The ME is the case owner, so I would place my bet there. You could always ask if they could forward your mail to the right receiver, or give you specific contact to send it to.
RIGHT?! Earlier I went through NamUs’s list of missing girls from Florida and jeeeez they all looked like the recon. Your right though, any girl is a good match to Tampa girl and it’ll be better to rule out all the girls from Florida so we can better focus on possibilities that Tampa Girl isn’t from the state.

Yes, I definitely think you should. The more matches we send to LE maybe the more effort they’ll put into finding TG’s identity
I'll email them. Hopefully they can quickly rule her in or out. Should be an easy rule out/rule in as Andrea's DNA is available according to Doe Network.
I know... It's shocking how much TG looks like so many of the missing girls.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman
Back