Found Safe FL - Tanner Swears, 4, with Stephen Swears, 55, Coconut Creek, 17 Aug 2019 *father on the run

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Coconut Creek missing boy found, father at large
2:10 PM
COCONUT CREEK, FLA. (WSVN) - 4-year-old boy who went missing in Coconut Creek has been found.

Tanner Swears was reunited with his family by a family friend, early Sunday afternoon, according to Coconut Creek Police.

Police are still searching for the child’s father, 55-year-old Stephen Swears.

Wonderful news!

Hmmm. He had legal custody of Tanner. Might explain why this wasn't an Amber Alert.
https://www.winknews.com/2019/08/17/missing-child-alert-issued-for-4-year-old-in-broward-county/

Florida Department of Law Enforcement has canceled the Missing Child Alert for 4-year-old Tanner Swears in Coconut Creek, Broward County that was issued Saturday.

Tanner’s father, Stephen Swears (who has legal custody) returned his son to a family friend after FDLE issued the alert for Tanner. The friend returned Tanner to his mom.

According to Coconut Creek Police Department, Tanner’s mom told police she and Stephen had an argument, and he pulled a gun on her. Then, he took Tanner and left their home.

Stephen is still at large, and the police department has a warrant out for his arrest. He faces a charge for Aggravated Assault.​

The Florida Department of Law Enforcement canceled the missing child alert for 4-year-old Tanner Swears from Coconut Creek, Florida.

The Coconut Creek Police Department said Stephen Swears, who is the child's father and the companion adult the boy was believed to be with, dropped the Tanner off with a family friend Sunday afternoon.

According to CCPD, that family friend brought the 4-year-old home unharmed, and he's being returned to his mother.

Florida police cancel missing child alert for 4-year-old boy

wow. the father had custody?

Well, he just screwed that up. Nice job.
He sure did. Although, in Florida 50/50 custody is assumed in official filings. 1 week with Dad. 1 week with Mom. I’m wondering why they are stating Dad had custody. There has to be something going on for Mom not to have joint custody. If that is the case but we may never know.

I am curious as to which side of family of Tanner's returned him to mother today. No name just if it was Stephen's family member and have they made a statement to LE on Stephen's location.
Warrant still issued.
If mom was in any way not capable of caring for Tanner, CPS will be all over this. And we all know how that can be. FL/CPS past cases.
Stephen just opened a big big can of worms. (Court orders in future now for sure)
I guess they could be going by Tanner's birth certificate. Stephen listed as father? Not sure but MSM words leads you to believe they lived together.
I wonder if mom and Tanner are at safe house. I hope they are.

Coconut Creek missing boy found, father at large
2:10 PM
COCONUT CREEK, FLA. (WSVN) - 4-year-old boy who went missing in Coconut Creek has been found.

Tanner Swears was reunited with his family by a family friend, early Sunday afternoon, according to Coconut Creek Police.

Police are still searching for the child’s father, 55-year-old Stephen Swears.

YAYYYYYYYYYYY!

I'm finding the discrepancies confusing.

According to the Coconut Creek Police Department, the boy had been with his father and he was back with his mother, who has custody of Tanner, on Sunday afternoon.
Missing child alert for Coconut Creek 4-year-old canceled

Tanner’s father, Stephen Swears (who has legal custody)....

Then, he took Tanner and left their home.
https://www.winknews.com/2019/08/17/missing-child-alert-issued-for-4-year-old-in-broward-county/

Warrant still in place for Stephen.
It's a sad situation when you hate each other more than you love your child. MOO MOO MOO
A CHILD WITNESSING DV IS ABUSE ON A CHILD.
THANKFUL HE IS SAFE PHYSICALLY.
I HOPE AND PRAY FOR TANNER MENTALLY.
Both his parents should be ashamed it got to this point.
No excuses..........

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BunnyLugsCacti
Back