FL - Megan Todt 42, Alek 13, Tyler 11, Zoe 4, & dog Breezy, Celebration, 6 Jan 2020 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Physical therapists normally make a lot of money. I wonder why they were so broke. Living way beyond their means?
I had a police officer friend tell me once many years ago, when there is money "missing" from a family, or when there is good income reported but nothing really to show for it, the answer is almost always habit/vices. i.e., addictions (drugs or booze or both), sex (men or women, online or in person), and gambling are always the top 3. As it turns out, I find this is true almost all of the time. I can't say for sure it's true in this case, but I certainly would not be surprised. I also wouldn't be surprised if it turns out there's a girlfriend (or a boyfriend) somewhere. It would explain why he didn't join the rest of his family.

Terrible for the wife and kids. I sure hope they didn't suffer. :(

What a horrible and sad story. This pressure for material things, for visible wealth, fantasy homes and perfect children leaves little room for failing, even in ordinary ways. That the shame of such failure is so big that you annihilate your family, possibly to spare them the shame you feel, is just the worst comment there is on our materialistic way of life.

Physical therapists normally make a lot of money. I wonder why they were so broke. Living way beyond their means?
I'm thinking expenses were probably just way more than he was making.
He bought the Celebration condo in 2005. At that time both him and his wife were working as physical therapists and had an address in Altamonte Springs when they purchased the condo - so maybe they were living in FL. TT also had a PT license in FL that expired back in 2007.
2008 they open their PT Practice in CT where they are both from. Wife (MT) is listed as a PT there.
2017 they sell their house in CT and that appears to be when TT started commuting back and forth between FL and CT for work. They PT practice also employed several other people - including physical therapists. When they moved to FL, MT quit full time work and started homeschooling the kids. It seems like she was doing some part time work here and there with teaching/yoga/etc.
Recently they rented the home on Reserve Place. So they were paying for a condo AND the rent for the house. All business expenses for the PT practice (including the wages of other employees), all of his expenses for commuting back and forth.
There's also reports from the neighboring business that they saw federal investigators at his PT practice last month.
There seemed to be regular trips to Sarasota and Siesta Keys even when they were living full time in CT.

I suspect there there may have been some insurance fraud going on with his practice. And it all was going to come crashing down on him. But geez. Kill yourself. Not your family.

This is terrible.

I, too, think it sounds as if he lived with the bodies for weeks; and I'm horrified.
Apparently they had a 2 bedroom condo a short distance away, maybe he stayed there. I don't understand why he was able to get back into a house that had a foreclosure notice on it. You'd think the forecloser would be watching to make sure they had gone.

Do people not understand you can file for bankruptcy, or ask family for help, or get a divorce if you love someone else, or... there's a TRILLION other options... I will NEVER understand family annihilators.

Apparently they had a 2 bedroom condo a short distance away, maybe he stayed there. I don't understand why he was able to get back into a house that had a foreclosure notice on it. You'd think the forecloser would be watching to make sure they had gone.
It was an eviction on the rental house and based on court records it does not appear the family had received the summons yet. It had been filed in court.
However, the rental house had an in-law suite - 1bed 1 bath I believe. He could have been staying there.

[snip]

I suspect there there may have been some insurance fraud going on with his practice. And it all was going to come crashing down on him. But geez. Kill yourself. Not your family.

I think so too. Allegedly practicing with an expired license, alleged insurance fraud, chronic financial problems (you don’t get evicted overnight)... I think there is more of this guy’s sketchiness that led up to the murders to be revealed. Behind closed doors and all.

I think certain other people knew more earlier on than they admit. Gonna sit on this for now.

No news on the dog, though presumed dead. Even that monster Chris Watts left the family dog alive.

This is so sad. I will never understand why anyone thinks murder is their best option. No one cares if you’re broke, the true love your kids have for you doesn’t have a price tag. How can you just look at your own babies then proceed to murder them. To snuff out their lives completely so they no longer exist in this world how can your thoughts even go there. We’re all broke it’s 2020, financial issues are driving people to suicide daily. But do not think you have the right to take the lives of your loved ones at any point, no matter your desperation.

Please, stop killing your kids. They are your own flesh and blood, you do not hold the authority to end the lives you created.

Do people not understand you can file for bankruptcy, or ask family for help, or get a divorce if you love someone else, or... there's a TRILLION other options... I will NEVER understand family annihilators.

See the quote below. He wasn't just in financial trouble. He was going to be investigated civilly as well. It was all about to come crashing down, IMO.

BREAKING: this from @AGWilliamTong’s office
"The Office of the Attorney General can confirm we have an open False Claims Act investigation into Anthony Todt. Beyond that, we are unable to comment or provide further details."
3:13 PM - Jan 14, 2020 · Connecticut, USA

Open False Claims Act investigation against TT

Twitter

Just saw this -- Please forgive if it's a repeat --

4 Bodies Found Inside Disney-Developed Home in Florida, and Deaths Are 'Suspicious'

Police have not revealed the identities of the deceased or the suspect

By KC Baker January 14, 2020 11:06 AM
Four bodies were found inside a Florida home in a residential community developed by Disney, and a suspect is in custody, according to multiple reports.

The Osceola County Sheriff’s Office stated on Twitter that deputies are conducting a death investigation in the North Village area at Celebration.
More here:
4 Bodies Found Inside Disney-Developed Home in Florida, and Deaths Are 'Suspicious'

See the quote below. He wasn't just in financial trouble. He was going to be investigated civilly as well. It was all about to come crashing down, IMO.

BREAKING: this from @AGWilliamTong’s office
"The Office of the Attorney General can confirm we have an open False Claims Act investigation into Anthony Todt. Beyond that, we are unable to comment or provide further details."
3:13 PM - Jan 14, 2020 · Connecticut, USA

Investigated civilly for what? :O

Investigated civilly for what? :O

False Claims Act - Wikipedia
The Act establishes liability when any person or entity improperly receives from or avoids payment to the Federal government. The Act prohibits:

1. Knowingly presenting, or causing to be presented a false claim for payment or approval;
  2. Knowingly making, using, or causing to be made or used, a false record or statement material to a false or fraudulent claim;
  3. Conspiring to commit any violation of the False Claims Act;
  4. Falsely certifying the type or amount of property to be used by the Government;
  5. Certifying receipt of property on a document without completely knowing that the information is true;
  6. Knowingly buying Government property from an unauthorized officer of the Government, and;
  7. Knowingly making, using, or causing to be made or used a false record to avoid, or decrease an obligation to pay or transmit property to the Government.
  8. The False Claims act does not apply to IRS Tax matters. [23]
Certain claims are not actionable, including:

1. certain actions against armed forces members, members of the United States Congress, members of the judiciary, or senior executive branchofficials;[24]
  2. claims, records, or statements made under the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 which would include tax fraud;[25]
There are unique procedural requirements in False Claims Act cases. For example:

1. a complaint under the False Claims Act must be filed under seal;[26][27]
  2. the complaint must be served on the government but must not be served on the defendant;[26]
  3. the complaint must be buttressed by a comprehensive memorandum, not filed in court, but served on the government detailing the factual underpinnings of the complaint.[28]

According to the Ontario, N.Y., County Clerk's Office, Anthony Todt and his two companies, Performance Edge Sports LLC and Family Physical Therapy, owe almost $100,000 to two creditors for unpaid loans. Business Merchant Funding filed a civil suit seeking $28,481 on March 1, 2019. Interest and attorney fees brought that to $36,279. Green Capital Funding LLC sought $50,218 on Jan. 24, 2019, which now stands at $63,525.82 due to interest and attorney fees.

In 2019, he satisfied a $455,502 debt to AKF Inc. with an approximately $265,000 payment.

Police: 4 found dead inside home rented by Colchester business owners

So if it is Medicare / Medicaid fraud - being convicted gets you put on the OIG List. Office of Inspector General's Exclusion list means you cannot be employed by any entity that accepts Medicare / Medicaid. Basically the only place you can work is a private pay exclusive clinic like a plastic surgeon.

It's kind of the death penalty for healthcare workers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fitzybjj