FL FL- Tonya Whipp 38, bf didn't report her msg, left car, dog & personal items, Auburndale, late May 2023

Unalienable Rights

Reaction score
1689424423846.png
Auburndale Police Facebook:

Missing Person Alert

On Thursday, June 29, our department responded to a report of a missing person, Tonya Lee Whipp (DOB: 10/8/1984).

Whipp is a white female, approximately 5’7” with light brown hair. Last known contact with Whipp was May 28 - June 1 of this year. Whipp lives in the Auburndale area where she was last seen.

If you have any information, please contact Detective Wall at 863-965-5555 or by email at CWall@Auburndalefl.com

(More details in the comments -- family and friends are posting.)

Official Page "Help Find Tonya Whipp" started by her sisters and aunts:

Last edited:

According to Auburndale police, in late May, Whipp’s boyfriend said she was home when he left for work and was gone when he returned.

“I would not have a reason for her just to disappear. There’s no reason for it,” said Robin Klotzbier, Whipp’s sister. “I know something’s wrong. I just want to know what.”

Klotzbier received a message from Whipp’s Facebook account on June 1.

“I’ve been going through a lot and have been thinking really hard about what I really want. I’m Ok. I don’t want to talk and when I do, I’ll call you,” it said, according to police.

“It worried me but was it suspicious? No, not at the moment,” said Klotzbier.

According to Auburndale Police Chief Terry Storie, at this time, there are no signs a crime was committed. However, to him, the length of time is troubling.

The search for Whipp is expanding now, with the group “We Are The Essentials” getting involved.

“Hopefully because of this effort we can bring Tonya home,” said co-founder Nico Tusconi.

Tusconi notes Whipp left everything behind in the home, including her living dog and her deceased dog’s ashes.

“She would have never left those dogs. Nor would she have left all her stuff, her purse, her pocketbook, her ID’s, her bank cards, everything, were still in the house,” said Tusconi.

“We Are The Essentials” is holding a search party for Tonya Whipp on Sunday, July 16 at 9:30 a.m.

Volunteers should arrive at 1002 Lake Ariana Boulevard, where they will be assigned a search area.

Tusconi said there are nine locations he wants to search and some are in challenging, wooded terrain.

More at the link.

tonya lee whipp

AUBURNDALE, Fla. — A search party began Sunday morning to help find a woman who has been missing for over a month.

People were asked to search for clues in finding 39-year-old Tonya Lee Whipp at 1002 Lake Ariana Blvd. in Auburndale, Florida, starting at 9:30 a.m.

The last known contact with Whipp was from May 28 to June 1 of this year. Whipp was last seen in the Auburndale area.

Whipp was reported missing on June 29. She is white, approximately 5’7”, with light brown hair.

There is a lot of water in that area. There should be cameras nearby the home she was last seen at. Many neighbors have doorbell cameras now. If she left on foot, she could have been picked up by business cameras too.

The boyfriend's whereabouts should be able to be verified via cameras and his work alibi proven, if true.

There is a lot of water in that area. There should be cameras nearby the home she was last seen at. Many neighbors have doorbell cameras now. If she left on foot, she could have been picked up by business cameras too.

The boyfriend's whereabouts should be able to be verified via cameras and his work alibi proven, if true.

Do cameras keep info that is a month old?

Do cameras keep info that is a month old?
On my Ring cameras, the subscription maintains them for a year or something like that. I can download videos if I need to. When you first install a Ring camera or Ring doorbell, the first 30 days is free. So it depends on what type camera and what type subscription a person has.

how many times have we heard that from the boyfriend/husband?
I'm not hopeful
I always tell people that if I suddenly disappear and I don't take my dog with me, I didn't go missing voluntarily.

I just can't believe how many times people don't get reported missing until they've been gone for weeks and they didn't take anything with them.

AUBURNDALE, Fla. (WFLA) — Over 100 people searched for 38-year-old Tonya Whipp Sunday morning in Auburndale.

Her family hasn’t seen her since late May.

“Please come help us find my sister,” Donna Martin said. “Please come help us.”

Polk County Sheriff’s deputies searched on airboats in Lake Hart while volunteers searched on the ground throughout the area.

“She was a second daughter to me,” said Jane Miller who drove from Valrico to help with the search. “We spent a lot of time together.”

I always tell people that if I suddenly disappear and I don't take my dog with me, I didn't go missing voluntarily.

I just can't believe how many times people don't get reported missing until they've been gone for weeks and they didn't take anything with them.

I know right?
my family would know after one day cause I'm someone who goes to Europe and calls on the 2nd day to check on my cats

the BF is super sketchy IMO. why didn’t she take her car? what would make her walk away with out anything.

precisely
no one leaves without anything unless they had no choice or were in a mental illness episode and there's no mention of that here
even someone contemplating suicide would drive their car to their destination

precisely
no one leaves without anything unless they had no choice or were in a mental illness episode and there's no mention of that here
even someone contemplating suicide would drive their car to their destination
Even though it is out of character for them, it wouldn't be the first time someone just leaves without their keys, ID, phone etc. Leaving her pets is worrisome. I have a lot of questions about this one. I don't think this is going to end well. As mentioned above this is, sadly, a story we've all heard way too many times. Here's hoping I'm way off base.

Nico w/We Are The Essentials says there were nine target areas in the search today as he pointed them out on a map. They included a beef factory, a wooded area near Tonya's residence, the woods around the Citgo where searchers met this morning, around a lake, and "especially" along Old Lake Alfred Road, 3 large areas he didn't name, and 2 more lakes (one called No Name Lake and I didn't catch the other name). MOO

JUL 17, 2023
[...]

Volunteers from across the community gathered at the Citgo gas station on Lake Ariana Blvd at 9:30 a.m. to join the search.

[...]

A search was organized by a group called “We Are The Essentials,” which takes leads on Whipp’s possible whereabouts every day.

“The hope is to develop some intel, some leads as to where Tonya is located or where she may have went,” said the group’s founder, Nico Tusconi.

Auburndale police said there is no evidence of a crime or suspicious activity, but finds the length of time with no word from her concerning.

[...]

I know right?
my family would know after one day cause I'm someone who goes to Europe and calls on the 2nd day to check on my cats
When I was in law school years ago, I liked to use my weekends to catch up on sleep. One Saturday, I was so tired I slept most of the day and didn't hear my phone. My mom literally broke into my house to check on me. Seriously. She climbed in through a window from my porch. (She's the one who got me hooked on Ann Rule books when I was younger so she can be forgiven for assuming I had been murdered and that's why I wasn't answering my phone.) She would NEVER let my husband go more than a day without reporting me missing if I suddenly stopped returning her calls.

When I was in law school years ago, I liked to use my weekends to catch up on sleep. One Saturday, I was so tired I slept most of the day and didn't hear my phone. My mom literally broke into my house to check on me. Seriously. She climbed in through a window from my porch. (She's the one who got me hooked on Ann Rule books when I was younger so she can be forgiven for assuming I had been murdered and that's why I wasn't answering my phone.) She would NEVER let my husband go more than a day without reporting me missing if I suddenly stopped returning her calls.
OH MY!! Never underestimate a momma bear on a mission!! No telling what their family dynamic was like. JMO

This message via FB will have an IP address/location. A store, cafe, home, library, etc. Did it originate from a cell phone or computer? What is the time stamp? During business hours, evening, middle of the night?

Snip

“I would not have a reason for her just to disappear. There’s no reason for it,” said Robin Klotzbier, Whipp’s sister. “I know something’s wrong. I just want to know what.”

“I’ve been going through a lot and have been thinking really hard about what I really want. I’m Ok. I don’t want to talk and when I do, I’ll call you,” it said, according to police.

View attachment 434821
Auburndale Police Facebook:

Missing Person Alert

On Thursday, June 29, our department responded to a report of a missing person, Tonya Lee Whipp (DOB: 10/8/1984).

Whipp is a white female, approximately 5’7” with light brown hair. Last known contact with Whipp was May 28 - June 1 of this year. Whipp lives in the Auburndale area where she was last seen.

If you have any information, please contact Detective Wall at 863-965-5555 or by email at CWall@Auburndalefl.com

(More details in the comments -- family and friends are posting.)

Official Page "Help Find Tonya Whipp" started by her sisters and aunts:

On the FB page a post asks about tattoos. In the comments, the photos of her tattoos have been posted. Not sure if it’s ok to load them here. But just be aware that she does have some.

This message via FB will have an IP address/location. A store, cafe, home, library, etc. Did it originate from a cell phone or computer? What is the time stamp? During business hours, evening, middle of the night?

Snip

I've been wondering if that was even Tonya that sent that message. Too many questions. The amount of time that passed before she was even reported missing is going to make it more difficult. JMO

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MeriPerkins
Back